PDA

View Full Version : PacketCollector upload to "local" database ?

11-04-2003, 06:23 AM
Hi,

is it possible to upload with PacketCollector to my local MYSQL Database ?

i've tried this CMD line and got following error:

packetcollector -cfg -spawns -dbh localhost -dbu user -dbp password -dbd eq 192.168.0.5

Using database 'eq' at localhost, User: user, Password: Yes
You cannot upload to the EQEmu database. Your IP has been banned.

Please help

Magick
11-04-2003, 09:34 AM
What are you trying to upload to your local database? Collected items? If so, have patience. Use it as intented (ie., upload to the EQemu database) and hit http://www.everquestserver.com/items.php for the latest updateditems.sql. That gets updated every weekend and usually it's a pretty decent-sized update (I know I've been gathering most of the PoTime data and quite a few others are busting nuts to get everything and anything collected).

Using Control + C sends the command to dump to the emulator database. From their end, it probably looks like you're trying to hack it which could account for the "your IP has been banned" :)

If you're trying to populate zones, Merth has a really nice 3rd party tool (EQEmuWolrdBuilder) that uses the PC'd data. Do a search and you'll likely find a link for it.

11-04-2003, 09:52 AM
Thanks,

that's what i wanted to hear *g*

I'm collecting Items for the EQEmu Database....but i wanted to get the spawn/grid .Dat files in my DB. Thanks for help :) I've looked for the EQEmuWolrdBuilder and found what i wanted :))

Thanks again