PDA

View Full Version : can i still play EQ?!

Maergoth
11-13-2003, 08:26 AM
i am a big fan of regular EQ and i dont wanna loose my char's stuff, i got 2 questions , if i use EQEMU can and how do i use regular eq after i get this set up, second, what happens if we get caught using this, will we have our account erased? if so, send an email when u work somthing out with sony cuz i put toooooooooo much time into those chars and am perfectly content with dying over loosing them

arkaria
11-13-2003, 08:38 AM
You might want to do some reading. That combined with some common sence will answer your questions.

Rofls
11-14-2003, 05:23 PM
You won't lose anything , goto your eqhost.txt file in your EQ folder and delete everything in that file and paste this:

[Registration Servers]
{
"eqlogin1.eqemulator.net:5997"
}
[Login Servers]
{
"eqlogin1.eqemulator.net:5997"
}

then just to play EQ Emu goto start --- run : "C:\Program Files\Sony\EverQuest\eqgame.exe" patchme use your forum name/pw (this forum) to login you should see around 10 servers or so join any that arent locked. then to play normal eq again, just start up eq and patch it should overwrite the eqhost.txt to login to EQ servers (would be better to have 2 seperate eq folders, one for emu and one for live eq so incase a patch screws it up, you still got the old patched one).

animekenji
12-27-2003, 01:25 AM
This doesn't seem to be working. I changed the files like it is said in the how to play message, but everytime I run EQ it reloads the original eqhost.txt file and I get connected to Sonys servers.

animekenji
12-27-2003, 01:39 AM
OK NM last post. I figured out what I was doing wrong but now when I try to connect to an emulated server, I get EQEmu error, World is down. Now what should I do??

mattmeck
12-27-2003, 04:32 AM
read the forums befor you post. lots of people are getting this, the reason and temp fix has been posted several times in the last couple days.

Encounter
12-29-2003, 10:01 AM
hmmm.....well,I can get to select a server,but cant play the game.