PDA

View Full Version : Scribe Spells by Quest

ExeterIsLame
11-17-2003, 04:18 AM
Is there any way currently to have a NPC modify a players SpellBook?
The # command is nice but I think it would be much cooler to have a 'LoreMaster' beside the class Trainer that scribes the spells to the players spellbook at the given levels. I thought about implimenting this one of two ways... either 1) simply just having the vendor check the lvl of the user and if it equals one of the spell gaining lvls fire off the scribe event. 2) have the player hand the Loremaster a token of some sort that would signal the Loremaster to scribe those spells.... or I guess 3) a combination of them... early levels are freebies... later levels the token is purchased or quested.

But as you can tell this all hinges on wether or not you can actually do something like that? Anyone know of a way to modify the users spellbook by script?

krich
11-17-2003, 04:21 AM
There is no way to do that currently.

As you've probably already investigated, there are a wide variety of workarounds involving adding the scrolls to the character's inventory. That might be your best bet.

Regards,

krich

ExeterIsLame
11-17-2003, 04:30 AM
Thanks much. I will prolly just open up the ScribeSpells command to the players. Easiest way I guess for the time being. Maybe go ahead and create the Loremasters just have them give a statement on how to use the #scribespells command. That way if that kind of ability ever does go in I can easily put them in the way I had originally wanted.