PDA

View Full Version : PacketCollector question/request

krich
11-23-2003, 07:16 PM
Merth,

PacketCollector is an excellent tool not only for collecting items, but for checking to make sure opcodes are coming inbound to the client in the proper fashion and order. I've been able to troubleshoot the World Tradeskill Objects and get them working with the help of PacketCollector.

Now, here comes my question. It seems that PacketCollector does not report the OP_ItemPacket opcodes (and others, I'm sure) when not connected to an EQLive server. I suspect this is so that you don't get bogus item data from users packetcollecting on their own EQEMu servers. Is this true? This might explain why I see a total lack of these types of messages when PCing my own EQEMu server.

Since PC is currently the only usable EQ sniffer available, could there be an option created in the next version of PC that allows the display, but not the upload, of all opcodes whether the server is a legit EQLive server or not? This would allow me to, for example, PC a Live server and then PC my EMu server to make sure what I am coding on my server matches the Live server.

Regards,

krich

Merth
11-24-2003, 03:27 AM
Several months back, I was using the packet collector to do the very same thing. Maybe something was accidentally changed when we were coding the item collector. I'll look into it, this functionality should exist.

krich
11-24-2003, 04:46 AM
Thanks Merth. I could also just pull down that version if you know it works. Either way I guess.

Regards,

krich