PDA

View Full Version : How do you guys collect EQlive quest information?

rockocool
12-09-2003, 06:06 PM
The item information can be collected by packetcollector, but then I am wondering how do you guys collect quest dialogs/information from EQlive? what tools do you use to collect all those lengthy NPC dialogs? I am supposing nobody will have to type them manually...

The reason I ask is, I am using mollymillion's quest packet right now for my server, and many of these quests are still incomplete. I am very eager to find out how can I make them complete with a reasonable approach (i.e, not type the dialogs by myself).

Trumpcard
12-09-2003, 11:57 PM
Im pretty sure those were originally collected by the HQ people, and someone just converted it over to our needs...

mollymillions
12-10-2003, 12:56 AM
There are some good web resources like eq.stratics and allakhazam, and many class specific sites like monkly-business and eq.crgaming (Casters Realm).

Kroeg
12-10-2003, 02:16 AM
the problem is with a lot of eqlive quests == most of them have something to do with an npc (or npcs) that don't exist in the current MW db. You can try forming quest material via one of the eqlore sites, but you will only find a list of npcs/mobs you need to create still.

Another thing is all the EVENT_DEATHs and custom timers live uses for its quests.. these aren't exactly easy to do yet atm :)

mollymillions
12-10-2003, 04:48 AM
A lot of the specific items required dont or didn't exist in the standard item db also.