PDA

View Full Version : Fix for TRIGGER_ITEM script item

strychn
04-09-2002, 05:26 AM
trigger item fix...
changed:

CheckQuests(zone->GetShortName(), "%%item%%", tmp->GetID(), TradeList[0]);

to:

if (tmp->IsNPC()) { CheckQuests(zone->GetShortName(), "%%item%%", tmp->CastToNPC()->GetNPCTypeID(), TradeList[0]);
}}

in client_process.cpp.

_OZZY_
04-12-2002, 04:54 PM
I have yet to been able to get this to compile. Would it be possible to attach an updated client_process.cpp here? It would be greatly appreciated.

strychn
04-12-2002, 05:13 PM
mmm...
i dont see how you cant get that minor change to compile.
if you cant get that to compile, then i can't see how you could get ANY of the code to compile.
regardless. here is the modified .cpp.
if you still have trouble lemme know, as the post i made, was cut and pasted straight from code i had modified and compiled a very short time before hand.

strychn
04-12-2002, 05:15 PM
uhhh...nm.
there is an extra brace in the code i posted i believe.
sorry, but if you didn't realise that the extra brace was causing compile errors, perhaps you should leave the compilation to others.

TheClaus
04-13-2002, 12:43 AM
Now that wasn't nice strychn. Some of the best programmers started out with looking at code and not having a clue about it. They learned and asked questions. I realize he didn't post his errors but still he did give it a shot. Most people would of asked for the compiled zone.exe or world.exe instead of just the modified cpp file. I would say for the guy trying to get it to compile always count the braces. That will screw you up everytime.

Malevolent
04-13-2002, 04:55 AM
On the other hand, it could have been LISP.

You have an extra ( in there.

=P

_OZZY_
04-13-2002, 05:20 AM
Yeah, the comment was inappropriate. But I don't really care. It's been such a long time since I messed with C. I had it back in college 7 or 8 years ago and haven't messed with it since. Yeah, I should've counted the braces, but I decided to take a shortcut and get a compilable copy from someone on here. I am shocked, really. Most people on here are very generous and friendly. I guess every board has its bad side.

strychn
04-13-2002, 06:22 AM
yeah. sorry. i shouldn't have been a jerk about it. :(
but, it should compile np without the extra brace. and it should fix the trigger_item. i'm not a bad guy, and usually not an ass...
sorry _ozzy_. (honestly :p)

_OZZY_
04-13-2002, 06:58 AM
It's cool. Like I said...it has been a REALLY long time. And yes, it now compiles no problem :) Thanks.

strychn
04-13-2002, 07:42 AM
np. hope it works well :)