PDA

View Full Version : Some Random Quest Goodies

Zio
04-10-2002, 12:26 AM
With these quests, you gotta change # to the number of the NPC. And place into Quests folder in your EQEMu folder. And make the name of the this file the shortname of the zone you place it in. AKA: Have the NPC as number 3 and it spawns in West Freeport. You change # to 3 and open up notepad and copy paste this in and save as freportw.qst | Simple as that! :D

A Healer

NPC_SCRIPT # {
trigger_text:Hail:{
say:I am a healer, do you wish to be [healed]?
}
trigger_text:healed:{
FACE_TARGET
SAY:I shall heal your soul
CAST_SPELL 13
}

A... uhm.. Clarity giver? :P

NPC_SCRIPT # {
say:I am a Mind Blesser, do you wish to [relax]?
}
trigger_text:relax:{
FACE_TARGET
SAY: I shall relax your soul!
CAST_SPELL 1693
}

A Soul Binder

NPC_SCRIPT #{
say:I am a soulbinder. I can bind you here. Do you want your [soul binded]?
}
trigger_text:soul binded:{
FACE_TARGET
SAY:I shall bind your soul
CAST_SPELL 35
}
trigger_text:yes:{
FACE_TARGET
CAST_SPELL 35
}
trigger_text:I want my soul binded:{
FACE_TARGET
CAST_SPELL 35
}

An NPC that can Flag Accounts:
*Note*
Standard User: 0
Priviledged User: 10
Very Priviledged User: 20
Quester: 80
GM: 100
Lead GM: 150
ServerOP: 200
Debugger:255 (I believe Lyenu also made a Debugger? Which is status 255 but It might not be in this version.)

Set the trigger text to whatever you want. I thought this might be useful to make it so people just hail it and they get PU status if you want people to get Priviledged User.

NPC_SCRIPT # {
TRIGGER_TEXT:ServerOp:{
FACE_TARGET
FLAG_ACCOUNT 200
}

Just thought these were some goodies some servers might want.

-ZioKaNeo-

Zio
04-10-2002, 12:29 AM
Oh yea, Debugger:
Lyenu's Debugger thing... (http://lyenu.crimsonlayer.net/images/emuadmin/001.jpg) :D

Image's NPC Script Tutorial (http://forums.eqemu.net/showthread.php?s=&threadid=506) Self explanitory?

If its got a bug or something just let me know..

Baltar
04-10-2002, 06:08 AM
Very kewl. was that flag_account command just added? How
many more commands are there that we don't know about?
hehe

Zio
04-10-2002, 06:24 AM
Only one I was told. Lyenu added it when I asked.. well sort've. She made it pretty fast too :p

I was like woah :eek:

Are you people blind!?? wait that cant be, you can also leave feedback or hateful marks ;)

h37lion
04-12-2002, 05:19 AM
Zio.. many thanks for this post.. it actually as shown me how to easily do some quest things for my server!

One question, though, when you do NPC # , what progression of numbers do you use (or is it 1,2,3,4 for each zone.. not serverwide numbers, 123 124, etc?)

basically, I do not know who to make do what... is there an easy way to identify this is the admin tool, to know who to make do what?

Baltar
04-12-2002, 05:47 AM
Simply assign the player and npcid (anyone will do try 99)
on eqadmin, it's the number on the far left. There is a quest
tab in eqadmin, but it doesn't apply to scripts.

then in your script file type this.

NPC_SCRIPT 99 {
#whatever you want in here
}

(taken from tutorial) :)

Lurker_005
04-12-2002, 10:27 AM
Is there any way we can get the NPC # inside the game?

/eqadmin problems on
Sometimes it will be easier I think, With a full world spawned database EQadmin is horribly slow displaying the spawns tab. It takes 2-5 seconds to display each entry on the left. and it does this each time anything is changed.
Don't get me wrong, I love the EQadmin, it is just hard to use when parts run that slow :(
/eqadmin problems off

Anyhow if it isn't in there somewhere, can the NPC # be added to #npcstats or something?

Baltar
04-13-2002, 05:08 AM
The NPC type is actually in the NPC types tab not the spawns tab. It is the column to the very left (so you don't even have to deal with the spawns tab! yeah!)

If you use perma spawn or something like that, you can completely bypass the spawn tab altogether! Another alternative is using mysql directly.

h37lion
04-13-2002, 05:18 AM
so.. graphical and slow or non-graphical and instantaneous.. hah!