PDA

View Full Version : Perl Scripts

mollymillions
12-30-2003, 07:53 PM
I have updated my collection of quests available for 0.5.3 standard databases. Download them from here (http://users.tpg.com.au/adslipjo/index.html). The Perl quest files include the faction command and comma's in texts (if you need it, get the Zon.exe that includes the faction command and comma's bug fixes)
I have also updated the Quest Reprocessor download for the latest version that converts quest files to be Perl compliant. The Perl processing will no longer remove the Faction commands nor commas in text's, as these will not be an issue in future EQEmu releases. The Perl processing will merge fragmented event blocks to ensure there is only one instance of each event in the Perl script.

Kroeg
12-30-2003, 07:54 PM
Great post.. thanks a lot for your time :D

rockocool
01-05-2004, 11:33 AM
Thank you for the release!
There are some errors when booting up zones with this set of perl quests. Most commonly, summonitem("xxxx" "x"), missing a comma in between. And various other errors I havent had time to dig into.

Shawn319
01-05-2004, 12:04 PM
The 'journey to luclin' npc quests end up crashing nexus :( ie, the dreadlands/gfaydark nexus scion. This may be a problem with the 'Journey: Luclin' spell.

mollymillions
01-05-2004, 04:45 PM
There are a lot of issues with these quest files and i am not sure if the 0.5.0 quest format is correct at all. If you are already using a collection of quests i wouldn't bother using these, but they are a good starting point and better than nothing. The errors that remain are generally not systematic and could not be easily corrected by code, other than the summonitem(n,n) issue which i missed (bug in reprocessor).
I would be nice to see a quest team or repository created, to work on Live like quests in a coordinated way (like the world building teams). I have been meaning to do this for a long time but have not set up an FTP site to store the files and allow for public up-loads, yet.

rockocool
01-05-2004, 06:23 PM
Seems besides the summonitem error, most other errors are caused by the backslash "\". Once removed, most errors (all those I see from zone window) are gone. So far I havent found other syntax errors reported in zone window yet. So Mollymillions, could you please include these two features in your conversion program and re upload it?

The item Ids in some quests are off though. For example, Reebo Leafsway in rivervale should take 13971 "crate of rotten carrots" in one conversation, the item in the quest file is 15263 "spell: skin like rock" instead. These will have to be corrected one by one.

Thank you for the release!
There are some errors when booting up zones with this set of perl quests. Most commonly, summonitem("xxxx" "x"), missing a comma in between. And various other errors I havent had time to dig into.

mollymillions
01-05-2004, 10:41 PM
Thanks for the feedback. I made the mod regarding back slashes and have updated the link. The summonitem issue wasn't a bug after all (i had previously removed all the comma's from the quest files I was using, doh!).

*edit* Updated the Perl scripts on 8 January

astonerii
01-11-2004, 08:56 AM
I am a little ignorant here, where do I place the Quest directory? in the same directory where I have world and zone?

Lurker_005
01-11-2004, 09:19 PM
I am a little ignorant here, where do I place the Quest directory? in the same directory where I have world and zone?

Yes you should end up with a quests directory where you have your zone.exe and world.exe