PDA

View Full Version : What determines whether a collected item will update the DB?

tbigg
01-02-2004, 04:58 AM
I'm trying to determine whether there is a query I can run against the dumpeditems data to make a list of items that need to be updated.

What criteria would I use?

krich
01-02-2004, 05:17 AM
Tbigg,

I don't think that is possible. The problem is that we don't have the Names of the items we are missing. One could assume that if there is a gap in the ItemID, that we are missing something, but we just don't know what it is. One way to determine what we need is to ask around to find out what places have not yet been PC'd. Presumably there are some items there. Also, pay attention to the detail. People tend to hang out in the Bazaar or ask high level guys to link their gear, but I managed to update a few items in the items db simply by starting a Halfling Ranger in Rivervale. His starting items had not yet been PC'd.

Now, having said all that, I do actually have a list of items that are missing from the db that I need to complete the tradeskill database. Some of these items are intermediate steps in a complex tradeskill recipes and are not generally seen in the wild (or linked for that matter). If you want to start working on those, find me on the #npcmovdb IRC channel.

Also, now that I think about it, any item that has not been updated since around mid-October 2003 would need to be updated. So, using the following statement would get you that list as well:

select id, name from items where datediff(updated, cur_date()) < 90;

or something like that. I'm not all that great with SQL, but you get the idea.

Regards,

krich

Edgar1898
01-02-2004, 08:20 AM
basically what determines if an item is updated is we take a md5 of the fields that dont change and compare that to an md5 we have in our database. If the item's md5 is different then its updated. One way to tell if an item needs to be updated still is to run this query:

select id,name,updated from items where updated<'2003-12-19';

Note that this is fairly accurate since the 12-18 patch added a new field to items and changed the classes info.

Also note that by the time you run this query on your own db, someone might have updated the item (ie ME) :P