PDA

View Full Version : Bugs I found

Grosbaloo
04-13-2002, 04:20 PM
I remember seeing a post somewhere where we could post the bugs we had found in the 0.3 version but I didnt see it in any of the main pages of the forums so I thought I would write this in a new post.

Not sure if these are bugs or just things that are not implemented yet but
1) Root does not work
2) Snare does not work
3) #freeze does not work unless it is not suposed to work on NPCs hehe
4) If you aggro a mob and then run, you can keep running back and forth near the mob and he will never hit you( not miss I mean, they really do nothing). I think mobs need you to be stationary to be able to attack but I dont know anything just supositions
5) DoT semi-work from what i seen ( didnt test them all) but I know most dont stack. Tried necro DoT and they didnt stack, tried shammy DoT didnt stack either, they dont stack with 1 necro 1 shammy either.

Thats all the testing I had time to do this week( well half an hour lol) to try and find bugs to help you guys in your project

Hoopla
04-13-2002, 04:56 PM
Well.. here's a few more to add from what I saw playing around today ;) Not sure how much of this is classified as 'bug' and just 'not implemented' so please don't take any of this the wrong way =)

Charm doesn't seem to be charming

Mezmerising (only tried with glamour of kintaz) seems to mem blur/stop them from attacking, though they just keep on running in the direction they were chasing you until they pop away.

Feign Death drops you to the ground, but doesn't affect the mob's aggro state.

Trying to summon the mage epic mob results in a message something like 'multimagepet unknown pet type'

Spell AI is a little funny.. most mobs when you beat them down try to cast an illusion spell if available before other options. Had 'A Beggar' in Qeynos turn into a tree while chasing me, a spite golem in hate turn into a bear when it got close to death.. same with a froglok in sebilis. After that they seem to get the idea to try to heal themselves, but notice offensive spells not being used on things I tried.

(Using Drawde's DB 0.8, not sure how much of this falls into DB issues rather than emu issues)

Problems with the inventory.. saying inventory is full when it isn't when 'right-click' looting.

Game tries to remember things I've destroyed/dropped and recreating it when I zone.. leads to a bit of a messed up inventory.

Buffs/effects gone on zoning

Mobs like to 'beat a dead horse'.. have seen the message saying I've been killed by about 12 different things one after another all in the same death as they beat on my corpse.

#dbspawn command says that #dbspawn isn't a command

Also noticed the running thing above.. mobs have a hard time tracking it seems, and instead of parking next to you seem to want to park on top of you when they catch up.

I think everything else I can think of is probably just DB things, I'm still amazed how much is in place when it's all put together =)

Merkur
04-13-2002, 08:48 PM
most of these these things are not implemented yet