PDA

View Full Version : Do I need to buy the real game to playthis?

Cameronmd
01-24-2004, 05:09 PM
Topic :?:

mangoo
01-24-2004, 05:19 PM
Obviously.

mattmeck
01-24-2004, 05:24 PM
How can you play if you dont have the game?

mollymillions
01-24-2004, 09:59 PM
The current EQemu server does not validate the clients software registration details (I am unsure if this is a bug or a feature).

mattmeck
01-25-2004, 03:56 AM
The current EQemu server does not validate the clients software registration details (I am unsure if this is a bug or a feature).

We cant connect to SOE and check to make sure people registered, still need EQ to play tho..........

animepimp
01-25-2004, 10:56 AM
Actually its not necessary to pay for the game, at least not the original one. I get e-mails for some reason about once or twice a month from Sony asking me to start playing again and they always include a link to download the classic version. The one from the most recent version is www.I-want-to-be-banned-.com

mattmeck
01-25-2004, 11:22 AM
its stated in the rules that you can NOT give out that link that is for people who are going to PAY the monthly fee, we do NOT support warz so the only way you will be told to get EQ on these forums is to buy it.

farce
01-25-2004, 11:23 AM
although sony sent you that information and did not ask you to keep it to yourself.. it is generally frowned upon to give information concerning obtaining EQ client files.

You can pick up the EQ Evolutions CD with all expansions ( minus GoD) for $30. I bought it and I even already owned Classic + Kunark.

Comes with a free month on live plus you can then use your legit files to play on EQemu if you want.