PDA

View Full Version : Not just using, Comprehending !

Shadajriel
02-12-2004, 03:09 AM
Greetings all beings of great knowledge that this awesome site harbors ! i must say that, though i have yet to contribute anything important to the site or the project yet , I would really like to ! I will state first that I have successfully set up my own server (closed , no internet connection !) and it's doing it's merry thing!
now, I don't have MUCH free time but what i do have, I love to conceptualize about setting up some really creative quests, and storylines (which i live for! the quests! the stories ! that's what attracted me to eq, so many years back :D). I can set spawns, and do pathing, I haven't really looked into the quest creation yet though i'm interested mainly because i don't have enough time to read ONLINE about how to do it, so as i accumulate the knowledge and questions come up I can ask.

What i'm looking for ! are the foundational skills that i can read up offline on, that can actually be applied to areas that need help or can make a difference (no matter how small) here at eqemu.. I loved eq, and when i saw what it turned into, and saw the savior that is the emulator, i almost cried ! lol, when i could go back to sweet sweet east cabilis, all alone, and summon my old robe of enshroudment and zip through the air at GM speed ! i can't say thank you enough for the experiences i have had on it, and i only want it to be more rich, and i want to share my dreams of eq history and content with other people. Most of the information needed to do so is here online, in regards to specific problems, i know for myself i've found every answer on the forums. since i do not have an internet connection myself, i was wondering if some of the great minds here can give me possibly some areas to start learning, so that i can understand the foundational skills needed to do certain things, so that i can begin to answer my own problems ! and be able to actually help other people out. I guess i'm wondering

can someone give me to tools so that i can teach myself to fish, instead of very politely giving me the fish (*laughs* via the forums, proverbially speaking!) anyway ! good day folks, and i hope to get some response back from this!

I just want to be able to do something to repay the favor of all the amazing work done with eqemu !
*/bow, /bonk @ all*