PDA

View Full Version : Lets start out nice(With a new Item DB)

Rico
01-19-2002, 08:48 AM
I had no idea politics were getting so tight up in the HQ but either way,lets post some goodness :)

Well to hopefully brighten your morale heres a new item DB, nothing new but I fixed a bunch of incorrect texture/color/item slots in the DB I must of missed at 2:00 AM when a thick film was developing over my eyes. Grab it here

http://nerdyboys.com/rico/Itemsv1.2.1.zip

will be up within 5-10 minutes.

L-o-w
01-19-2002, 10:23 AM
The link does not work, is this the correct file?

http://nerdyboys.com/rico/Items1.2.zip

Rico
01-19-2002, 10:32 AM
err sorry it is the correct Link but I accidently re-uploaded my old DB. The new one is uploading now and will be up very soon. Sorry bout that ;)

Rico
01-19-2002, 10:40 AM
Well since the old board has been whiped I thought I should repost this:

I am always taking item requests, sometimes Sites don't have correct item info,or any item info on certain items. Or sometimes theres items I myself don't know about ( Which I doubt! ;) ) and you might want to see added. If you want anything added send me a Private message(using the message option under one of my posts) with the name of the item

*optional* if you could include the Stats(Weight,Attack Delay,Stat Modifiers), The races who can use, what it looks like or an item that looks like it and you can save me ALOT of time.

-Thanks in Advance

T7g
01-19-2002, 03:41 PM
Requests? Could you do Akkirus armor? Some of the posted Tunare drops along with Yelinak/Tormax/NToV drops? Theres a great resource of every ntov drop ingame. Would be nice to see the Vulak items in the emu. Go here for all the Northwing Temple of Veeshan drops: http://www.guildparadigm.org/nwing/nwingleftframe.htm

Would be very nice to see those in. Also, the Velious quest armors/epics might be a good thing to focus on adding =)

Rico
01-19-2002, 04:55 PM
I have Akkirus and most of the ToV Armor(minus INT casters) in. I will definatley be working on Sleeper/ToV weapons and items as they become ever more popular :rolleyes:

L-o-w
01-20-2002, 06:39 AM
Could you add the missing parts to the elder spiritsts druid armor plz?

Rico
01-20-2002, 08:39 AM
Ahh yes I missed the ES and the Jaundice in my Kunark Armor period,guess I will have to do those :)

Drawde
01-20-2002, 08:53 AM
Would you be able to get your item data included in the standard database when it's finished?
The current standard DB is missing quite a few items including many epic weapons and high-level armour pieces.

Rico
01-20-2002, 09:00 AM
Well, thats up to the Admins and up to you people. I can make my DB available once a week with about 100-150 new items, or I can try to get the items in there Every other Release with about 1,000-1,500 items.The Downside I see to this , is the huge increase of size in the DB,i'll try to make it so my downloads are only inserting the NEWEST items and not waisting 20 minutes of your time inserting the old ones :)

DeletedUser
01-20-2002, 09:55 AM
Hoesntly, i dont want items that werent entered by packetcap on my server. The unknowns wont be right.

But definately can put this in the download section as an add-on pack. =p

Rico
01-20-2002, 10:23 AM
I wouldn't mind that at all.

madborg
01-20-2002, 11:08 AM
Hoesntly, i dont want items that werent entered by packetcap on my server. The unknowns wont be right.

What is packetcap?

Gino
01-20-2002, 11:14 AM
Tiny proggy that runs in the background of a real EQ session, that logs every item that is in inventory, bank account or tradewindow.

Ashran and Magelo (sp) used such tools, but with the recent client they dont work anymore.

After the session you could see what items the tool collected and send it to an online DB.

Would be nice to build up the item DB that way.
(Any chance to get such a tool working again ?)

No offence but handbuild DB is not the way to go imho.

madborg
01-20-2002, 12:52 PM
why can't the server do it?

Ok, I understand that at some point the items are new-- don't exist in the database. The same is true when I spawn a mob -- it doesn't exist in the database either.

But with a couple of simple hooks, couldn't this work?

#script <filename>

and in the script you would have

#spawn .....

#createitem .... or #additem

Of course its possible that I could try to create something that is "bad" but the spawn and createitem routines can deal with that.

Even if later a fancier scripting mechanism went in place, the underlying mechanism would stay the same. Actually I would keep everything in some other format and then run a program to convert to #spawn or #createitem.

Interactively it would work the same way, if you use the #createitem command, then it is persistent. Of course some editing hooks would be good to so that properties could be changed.

Am I talking about the same thing or did i miss the point?

Reap
01-21-2002, 03:52 PM
How do you update item DBs?

Lurker_005
01-21-2002, 04:22 PM
Auto grabbing items from the live servers is definatly the best way to go... But that does require someone activly collecting the items. Also I have noticed that there are several entries in the current database that are corrupt. Take a look at the first 30 or so items with the admin tool. Above and beyond that there is a bunch of garbage in there that dosen't apear to affect the database. Notice all the garbage between the item name and lore name, that should be all nulls.
Someone posted a image that had the hex values for items, but that was on the other board. Well this is what I have found messing with it last weekend. I am sure windcatcher can tell us some more also. The first numbers are the hex offset for the item. Note some values seem to be used differently for different type of items like bags/spells. I am not sure how it would impact the emu, but I imagine changing the item from a BLOB in SQL to individual entries would make dealing with the item records easier.
00-21 Item Name
22 <Null>
23-5D Lore name
5E <Null>
5F-63 ID File (or 5f-64)
<Null>

(hex bytes reversed)

65-66 Flag (or 66-67)
<Null>

7D Weight
7E No save (summoned)
7F No drop
80 Size
81 <Null>
82-83 Item Number
84-85 Icon Number
85-86 Equipable Slots (binary)
87-8B ??
8C-8D Cost in cp
8E ??
A4 Str
A5 Sta
A6 Cha
A7 Dex
A8 Int
A9 Agi
AA Wis
AB MR
AC FR
AD CR
AE DR
AF PR
B0 HP
B1 Mana
B2 AC
B3 Max Charges
B4 Curent Charges??
B5 Light
B6 Delay
B7 damage
B8 Range??
BA Item Type
BB Magic Flag
BC Casting Level
BD Material
BE-BF ??
C0-C3 Color 4
C4-C5 <null>?
C6-C7 Spell ID
C8-C9 Clases
CA-CB <null>?
CC-CD Races ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? Ogr Trl
CE <null>?
D0 Weight Reduction? (set same as BA?? Item Type)
D1 same as BC?? level
D2 charges
D3 same as B8?? range
D4-D5 same as C6-C7?? spell ID
D6 ??
D7? Slots
CD Slots
Open/Closed??
CF Max Item size for Container
Trigered / Proc / Constant effect??

Below is a snipit from the showEQ code regarding items that I used as referance

int16_t m_flag; // See itemStruct for values
uint8_t m_weight; // Weight of item
int8_t m_nosave; // Nosave flag 1=normal, 0=nosave, -1=spell?
int8_t m_nodrop; // Nodrop flag 1=normal, 0=nodrop, -1=??
uint8_t m_size; // Size of item
uint16_t m_iconNr; // Icon Number
uint32_t m_equipableSlots; // Slots where this item goes
int32_t m_cost; // Item cost in copper
int8_t m_STR; // Strength
int8_t m_STA; // Stamina
int8_t m_CHA; // Charisma
int8_t m_DEX; // Dexterity
int8_t m_INT; // Intelligence
int8_t m_AGI; // Agility
int8_t m_WIS; // Wisdom
int8_t m_MR; // Magic Resistance
int8_t m_FR; // Fire Resistance
int8_t m_CR; // Cold Resistance
int8_t m_DR; // Disease Resistance
int8_t m_PR; // Poison Resistance
int8_t m_HP; // Hitpoints
int8_t m_MANA; // Mana
int8_t m_AC; // Armor Class
uint8_t m_light; // Light effect of this item
int8_t m_delay; // Weapon Delay
int8_t m_damage; // Weapon Damage
uint8_t m_range; // Range of weapon
uint8_t m_skill; // Skill of this weapon
int8_t m_magic; // Magic flag, 1(0001)=magic
int8_t m_level0; // Casting level
uint8_t m_material; // Material?
uint32_t m_color; // Amounts of RGB in original color
uint16_t m_spellId0; // SpellID of special effect
uint16_t m_classes; // Classes that can use this item
uint16_t m_races; // Races that can use this item
uint8_t m_level; // Casting level
uint16_t m_spellId; // spellId of special effect
int8_t m_charges; // number of charges of item effect (-1 = inf)
uint8_t m_numSlots; // number of slots
uint8_t m_weightReduction; // percentage weight reduction
uint8_t m_sizeCapacity; // Maximum size item container can hold

Rico
01-27-2002, 08:05 AM
Sorry for the lack of updates, I was very sick with the Flu which has bed ridden me for the last 6 days. Before I was sick, I was able to get some new items in. Some items include Worked,Heavy,Matchless Dragon armor,and all the items down to "eashen of the sky'' in the North Temple of Veeshan Drop list website listed a few posts above. Fixed a bunch of textures on items, and some items who's slots were wrong. You can grab the new items here

http://www.nerdyboys.com/rico/Itemsv3.0.zip

-Enjoy

jack_frost
01-27-2002, 11:54 AM
I dunno what I'm supposed to do to import your (Ricos) new items db, so I just went to the command line and:

c:\mysql\bin\mysql
mysql> use eq
Database changed
mysql> source items.sql

It seems to work, just makes a million really annoying beeps, So I unplugged the internal speaker so no beeps... Is there a better way to do it?

Thanks, Jack
;-)

CoderJ
01-27-2002, 03:46 PM
I went into the file and emptied out the pieces I didn't need (like the table creation and extra data (accounts, zone server IPs, etc). I was left with a 4 meg file of the items, spawns, npcs, and zones. And no beeps :)

It might be a good idea to either delete your EQ database structure (but not the DB itself) or just empty the tables and live through a few beeps than to just run this file after running the standard db.sql.

CoderJ
01-28-2002, 07:53 AM
Just noticed this DB is still in the old format, so unless you have an easy way to modify the INSERTS on some of the tables, delete everything except for the "DUMPING ITEM DATA" section.

Also, Rico, you might want to check you zones on your server. The last 5 or 6 entries have the small name and long name switched (and are duplicate entries to boot!).

If anyone wants, I can upload an edited version that works with 0.2.0's DB structure (without spawns, sorry. Not sure if the spawns the way Rico has them work in 0.2.0)

Nada
01-28-2002, 08:18 AM
Coderj that would be great if you could. :D

CoderJ
01-30-2002, 01:39 AM
Okay, it's up....

Click here to get it (http://users.netsense.net/~jcronin/AO/mod-itemsv3.0.zip)

This is easy to install, and if Rico releases more in the future, I'll mod those as well for general consumption. It's very recommended you have phpMyAdmin installed and run through this process.

Open up phpMyAdmin (make sure you're web server (I use Apache) and MySQL services are both started) and click on "EQ" in the right hand window.
Put a check mark in "items" and "zone".
Click on the "Empty" button near the bottom of the table list.
A new page, asking if you want to go through with the delete will pop up. Confirm it, then exit phpMyAdmin.
Extract "items.sql" from "mod-itemsv3.0.zip" to your MySQL bin directory (may be something like "C:\mysql\bin", if you're on Linux, you know where to find it ;)).
Run "mysql"
Type in "use eq;" and hit return.
Type in "source items.sql;" and hit return. At this point, it will process the file and your screen should get flooded by confirmation of each query in the file "Query Complete. 0 rows affected... blah blah". If it beeps, note what the error was and report it back here. If it says duplicate entry on anything, you did not properly empty your "items" or "zone" table. There's about 7,692 items and zones that get inserted, so if you do not properly follow these instructions, you will get 7,962 beeps. Trust me, it's annoying.

In the future, I may configure the sql file to auto empty the relevant database tables prior to the INSERT queries so you don't have to muck through phpMyAdmin (which is a great tool if you do any PHP/MySQL development).

Boxz0r
02-11-2002, 05:49 AM
When will there be another item release? =)

Zeitgeist
02-11-2002, 08:50 AM
eek someone stole my graphic(!).

TheClaus
02-11-2002, 10:01 AM
Damn them, Damn them all to hell for taking your graphic

Pyrotek
02-12-2002, 12:57 AM
Wow, this is an old thread. There will be a new item db released with the next EQ Emu. If you would like to contribute, run PacketCollector. :)

Zeitgeist
02-12-2002, 08:58 AM
Thank you for your sympathy Claus :D The sad thing is that's a pic of my 'chanter from EQ in Werepuppy form =)

Trumpcard
02-12-2002, 09:04 AM
Maybe he's just paying you homage...
Imitiation is the sincerest form of flattery, or is it plagiarism?