PDA

View Full Version : Login Problems =(

ImTheEnernet
02-29-2004, 10:11 AM
Hello all, i did exactly as the tutorial said by changing eqhost.txt just like it should and saving it. When i connect it says "Wrong Name or Password." So i go back to eqhost.txt and sure enough, its been changed back what it used to say. Any suggestions? Thank you.

Derision
02-29-2004, 10:17 AM
You didn't follow the guide correctly then. You could try downloading EQW from www.eqwindows.com and deselect the 'Run Patch program' option and see if that works for you.

ImTheEnernet
02-29-2004, 10:36 AM
Found my problem, i had a shortcut to EverQuest.exe... when i needed to have a shortcut for eqgame.exe. Thank you all.

Floarn
03-06-2004, 06:33 PM
once i try to log in it tell me EQEMu errior Bad Username\password how do i fix that?

samandhi
03-06-2004, 11:07 PM
once i try to log in it tell me EQEMu errior Bad Username\password how do i fix that? If you havent activated your account using the email that should have been sent to your email address you gave, when you signed up, then you will either get that message or 1017 error... Also, make SURE you are typing in the correct UN/PW which should be the same as your UN/PW on this board to post. Beyond that you will need to contact an admin to research what it could be.

BTW, it IS saying eqemu bad username and/or password right? Not the station name or password is incorrect ?!

Floarn
03-07-2004, 02:49 AM
ok i could olny log on once this morning and then after that it says erorr 0016 and stuff like that how do i get by that? plz help me

samandhi
03-08-2004, 12:19 AM
Did you change your eqhost.txt? The only time you will see "station name and psswrd is not valid" is when you are connecting to SOE. We don't send out the phrase "station name" in our code. This also means that you did NOT create a shorcut to eqgame.exe correctly.. What you probably did was create one to everquest.exe which will take you to the patch server every time...