PDA

View Full Version : Question on Developing A Server...

TheJoseph07
03-04-2004, 12:35 PM
Im using the guide by Bearik and have one question:
What are EQEmu server binaries and where do I get them, I need them for the next part of the process, thx!

nilar
03-04-2004, 02:38 PM
Hah your trying to setup a server and you dont even know what binaries are....

they are the files you use to get the server up and running, your gonna need 0.5.5 DR1 binaries if you patched and your gonna need to know how to compile and code.

TheJoseph07
03-04-2004, 03:15 PM
OK I got it all running but 0.5.5 DR1 was not available on the file list, only 0.5.3 was. Also:
My server's status is LOCKED and I cannot gain access, how do I fix this?

SBellew
03-04-2004, 03:22 PM
OK I got it all running but 0.5.5 DR1 was not available on the file list, only 0.5.3 was. Also:
My server's status is LOCKED and I cannot gain access, how do I fix this?
Your server will stay locked until you have the servers running properly.
ie. Run World.exe (listening) then run the .bat file that starts the 5 zone.exe servers (listening) then you should be able to see a 0 for your server pop. count when you hit the server list. If you see locked, something is not running correctly.

samandhi
03-04-2004, 05:34 PM
You are probably using a db that is NOT compatible with the server or dont have one at all sourced in....

TheJoseph07
03-05-2004, 01:31 AM
1. I have the latest version of EQEmu files available off of this website's link to source forge, where can I find the 0.5.5 DRU versions? they ae not available on the link!
2. Also, he DB files came with the download, so what would make them uncompatable (question not critisism) ?
3. Finally, how do you apply downloaded coding with mob/item/merchant ect info into your server? I have the wordpad documents with the coding- where to I paste/put them now?

Thanks for the help thus far, keep posting and get me thru this plz lol...

samandhi
03-05-2004, 03:55 AM
The latest version is at http://shawn319.eqemulator.net/cvs (http://shawn319.eqemulator.net/cvs) but it is NOT binaries, and there is NO support because it is NOT a release. You will have to compile it yourself....

2. Also, he DB files came with the download, so what would make them uncompatable (question not critisism) ?
The DB that came with it is probably a blank db, just adding the tables, you will need to source in the db that has all the info try the worldbuider forum there are two really good db's that you can get from the links there..

3. Finally, how do you apply downloaded coding with mob/item/merchant ect info into your server? I have the wordpad documents with the coding- where to I paste/put them now? If what you have is code as in C/C++ then you will have to add them in where they go, but if they are add-ons to the DB then you should have them as .sql file not .txt or .doc.... You wil have to source them into your DB once you have it set up correctly. The guides in this forum ARE still correct to get your server up and running (they will tell you how to source in a DB, which holds true for every version of the DB that you want to add on also), just version numbers are different, as you know...

TheJoseph07
03-05-2004, 05:01 PM
OK:
I got the DB loaded, the Item DB loaded, a custom (Myra's) DB loaded, and a custom (Myra's) Item DB loaded into:
/mysql/bin/
I have gone thru the DOS prompt and uploaded all these documents into my EQ DB with no problems.
I am still operating under 0.5.2 (The guide I was reffered to did not work for me, encountered problems in the DOS process)
The point: I am still a LOCKED server!
I have all my stuff together, compiled, and want to test it before I begin to edit it! I need to know HOW to unlock my server when my DB is functioning fine, with a modern update (previos post said outdated DB was problem)
Any ideas?

nilar
03-05-2004, 07:52 PM
One of Two things is wrong

1) Under loginserver.ini

locked=true

make it false

2) Your zoneservers (the boot5zones.bat) are not connected to world.exe.

The IP in loginserver.ini and the first IP in boot5zones.bat need to be the same.

TheJoseph07
03-06-2004, 01:09 AM
No, I have had it set on
locked=false
and also my IP's are the same,
what could it be?

SBellew
03-08-2004, 11:21 AM
What happens when you run the boot5zones.bat file? Copy in the output from your Minilogin, World and Zone windows so we can see what is going on.

samandhi
03-08-2004, 11:36 AM
Post the output of zone.exe and world.exe. Post the contents of your eqhost.txt, loginserver.ini, load5zones.bat, and your db.ini files here and we shall see what we shall see...:)