PDA

View Full Version : Z-Fix Info / worldbuilder

Merkur
04-17-2002, 11:12 AM
Just FYI:
We will publish some sql update files to fix the Z problem for bad zones soon. these files will be based on Drawdes DB 0.8 and correct the spawnposition, textures and some other things. They only need to be sourced into an existing database. The disadvantge is that it will mess up the spawngroups (each spawn has is own group in these files), so it might need some finetuning but I think its worth :)

Ariak
04-17-2002, 12:33 PM
How will it fix it?

And, what if spawns are already on correct Z-Axis?

Merkur
04-17-2002, 07:12 PM
It will delete all spawnpoints in this zone and put in correct spawns from live eq.

Azaken
04-18-2002, 11:00 AM
Wait are you saying that all spawns in zones will now be complete and based on EQ live? I noticed that when i use Drawdes database it seems like most of the towns are empty and missing spawns (kelethin, freeport) its best DB out there maybe its my computer that messes it up. Hope that this fixes the
problem...

w00t

Ariak
04-18-2002, 02:14 PM
I'd kill for a VI DB :P

Merkur
04-20-2002, 02:13 AM
yes it will be pretty much 100% live spawn(points) and it will also populate empty zones like Velktors etc (thanks to spud and other who are helping out heh). But since we had to release yesterday, I couldn't put in support for some features like runspeed, walkspeed etc and there are still some npcbugs so I'll finish this and release the DB update with 0.3.2

Ariak
04-20-2002, 03:32 AM
Wow, you're serious?

How many meg is it? :)

Lurker_005
04-20-2002, 05:11 AM
Wow is right, sounds like we can move from working on spawnpoints to other things...

Shawn319
04-20-2002, 10:02 AM
Still need someone to work on loot with these new collected spawns hehe.

Shortlived
04-20-2002, 09:12 PM
I hate to ask this but is there an ETA?

Merkur
04-21-2002, 01:40 AM
soon ;) heh honestly I don't know yet. But as i said, it will probaly be released after 0.3.2 is out and that could take some days I guess. Anyway, you can visit the most recent progress on Spuds Server (eros), who is helping to get the data :) Check out Lower Guk, Grobb, ToV etc there, these zones are updated or complete new.

Ariak
04-21-2002, 06:48 AM
I am working on all items in SoV that are not in the emu, now. ;)

I need to get MAGELO to work, though, so I can fix some incorrect graphic items. =-/,.

sady
04-23-2002, 03:52 PM
I can program in C++, Visual Basic, Java and a few scripts like peal and javascript. I realy want to help but i am in need of manuals on where to start. I am trying to find out where the code is that controls dmg from naughtys, actions, "like when you hail them" that sort of thing but i cant find a place to get started.
If some one could post a few links to some good reading on those issues i will gladly make a heafty contribution. I am busy with school but when i get obsesed with somthing, i go insain on it. so please post some good links so i can get writing.

PS, I am still learning my way around the database, I added a guild "sisterhood" but it changed my gender to male. I think i need a new database program.

Thank you Sady

Jartik
04-24-2002, 09:14 AM
/cheer :)