PDA

View Full Version : A few questions...

klarm
03-15-2004, 11:46 AM
I've been off of EQemu for quite a while now and i've noticed that there are some new server types...

I have a few questions..

1/ I can only connect to the DR5.3 servers....how do i connect to the 5.1/5.5 ones??

2/ How can i connect to the Official Test whatever server?? The one with RC1 or something on it??

Derision
03-15-2004, 11:49 AM
To play 5.5 (DR1 or RC1) , patch to live (as of the time of writing). And post your support questions in the support forums. If you still want to play 5.3 servers, make a copy of your EQ client directory before you patch as 5.3 and 5.5 require different patch levels of the client.

klarm
03-15-2004, 11:51 AM
To play 5.5, patch to live (as of the time of writing). And post your support questions in the support forums. If you still want to play 5.3 servers, make a copy of your EQ client directory before you patch as 5.3 and 5.5 require different patch levels of the client.

Oops...i posted in the wrong forum?? Sorry...

Anyways, will i have to patch through to live as i would connecting to EQlive then copy the patched files to my EQemu file?? Or....not?? :roll:

Jezebell
03-15-2004, 11:59 AM
to play on a 5.5 server you have to patch to Live via Sony's servers, if you patch though you will not be able to play on a server older than 5.5 unless you make a backup of your EQ folder somewhere else before you patch.

To play on EQEmu all you have to do is change the eqhost.txt files as described here:

http://www.eqemulator.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=9649