PDA

View Full Version : Minilogin business.

hellbender69
03-15-2004, 08:34 PM
Alright, i followed the the recent 03-10-04 guide for server setup to the T with no problems. I'm trying to run a minilogin now and i'm having some problems. When i type in ANYTHING for a username and password, i mean anything, i can still make it to the server select screen where i see my server. BUT I get the dreaded 1017 when i try to connect. I pretty damn sure it's a minilogin issue, but It could well be anything.
Someone please, help me out if ya could and tell me what you need me to show you.
I'm running on a router but, i'm trying to use Minilogin so ports shouldn't be an issue i would think.

Thanks in advance - Matt

KhaN
03-16-2004, 03:03 AM
1.MiniLogin
Check you have a file called "MiniLoginAccounts.ini" in your EQEmu folder. If no, create one, then enter the following code.
Be sure to enter a space af the end of the line code, or that wont work, btw, you can copy/paste, code is case sensitive.
localhost eqemu eqemu

2.Enabling account for world.exe
Run MSDOS prompt and type :
world adduser eqemu eqemu 200

2.my SQL Account Status
Run mySQL, open your EQ Database and enter :
INSERT INTO account SET name='eqemu', password='eqemu', status=200;

you can go check these links for more info :
http://www.eqemulator.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=4526
http://www.eqemulator.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1021

Hope that will you.

themushygod
03-16-2004, 10:29 AM
i was having the same proble ill try it when i get home :)

darkshadows501
03-19-2004, 08:17 AM
How do you create the miniloginserver.ini file??

samandhi
03-19-2004, 08:35 AM
How do you create the miniloginserver.ini file?? First open up "Notepad" then type in the information you want. Click on file, save-as, and type in the name of the file as miniloginaccounts.ini, and make sure it is saving it in your emu directory, and you are done...

There is TWO things to remember when makeing this file that most poeple dont realize. One is that you HAVE to have a space after your password, so using the example .ini file :
localhost eqemu eqemu You will have a space after both eqemu's.

The second thing to note is that when you type that in and then hit your space bar after the last eqemu, do NOT hit the enter/return button. If you do this will be read as a newline and server will read that line as, not blank, but a newline character, and this WILL cause you to not be able to connect...

world adduser eqemu eqemu 200 And:
INSERT INTO account SET name='eqemu', password='eqemu', status=200; This command does the same thing as the previous quote... In order for this command to work properly (making sure you have the right DB selected) you must first type the following command after opening MySQL as root user:
USE eq; If your DB is named eq.....

If you are still having the problem after you try recreating your .ini file and adding the accoung, paste your world.exe, and zone.exe output here, also post your loginserver.ini, and load5zones.bat, and eqhost.txt files...