PDA

View Full Version : Zones

bbaker1980
03-23-2004, 01:04 PM
I'm currently able to run my server ... but there are a few problems that occur while doing this.

1) Occasional LD's ... but they seem to sort of snowball, and it starts to happen to players more often.

2) It seems like I'm not able to run more than a few zones at a time ... I'm pretty sure (please correct me if I'm wrong) that this has to do with my db.sql file, I just would like some tips on how to change this? (FYI - NOT asking for someone to put up a working DB I read the thread, and I can understand how that would be a very aggrovating request). Just some pointers please.

3) Players (myself included) occasionaly get stuck in a zone and are unable to get out ... no gating, no porting no #zone command nothing works - have to /camp and come back and sometimes that fixes it, but not always. Ideas?

I think thats it for now ... may come back and throw some more problems out there for the brains that come here. (I just followed what someone else did thanks to some good tips from people last night and got my server up and running ... thanks to you!)

samandhi
03-23-2004, 01:25 PM
1) Occasional LD's ... but they seem to sort of snowball, and it starts to happen to players more often This happens for many reasons, but there are too many to go into detail, but SOME are not your fault, nor your computer or the server... Put it this way this is a known issue...

2) It seems like I'm not able to run more than a few zones at a time ... I'm pretty sure (please correct me if I'm wrong) that this has to do with my db.sql file, I just would like some tips on how to change this? (FYI - NOT asking for someone to put up a working DB I read the thread, and I can understand how that would be a very aggrovating request). Just some pointers please. It is NOT your DB, you need to edit your load5zones.bat (or as some are NOW calling it boot5zones.bat) it should look like this:
REM: ****Read this first!!!****

REM: This file requires your real IP in the place of "YourIP" when you are connecting
REM: To the EQEmu Loginserver.

REM: When you are using minilogin, Replace all IP Addresses to say 127.0.0.1

REM: If you still get errors try using localhost instead of 127.0.0.1

REM:--------------Start-----------------------
@echo off

if NOT exist spells_us.txt goto NOSPELL

start zone .<your IP> 7995 <your IP>
start zone . <your IP> 7996 <your IP>
start zone . <your IP> 7997 <your IP>
start zone . <your IP> 7998 <your IP>
start zone . <your IP> 7999 <your IP>
exit
cls

:NOSPELL
echo You did not copy the spells_en.txt from your everquest directory to this one. Please do so or zones will crash on startup.
PAUSE

REM:---------------END------------------------

If you want more zones just add more of the :start zone . <your IP> 799x <your IP> lines to your file. Every one represents another independant zone...

3) Players (myself included) occasionaly get stuck in a zone and are unable to get out ... no gating, no porting no #zone command nothing works - have to /camp and come back and sometimes that fixes it, but not always. Ideas? This means that there is a problem with that zone. Whether it be wrong coordinates or something other.... Create a new character, then log into it and type this command using the character name that is stuck and the zone you want to take them to....
#movechar <name> <zone> If successful it will come up with a message that says character moved successfully,,, or something to that nature.. Hope that helps you out... :)