PDA

View Full Version : Question

ryder911
03-24-2004, 12:15 AM
Do you have to have like a database set up with mysql and such to use perl? Can you just script it in notepad and save it as a .pl? Any help would be appreciated

smogo
03-24-2004, 02:31 AM
to use perl quests, you only need to have perl installed, and perl enabled in the zone binaries.

The only thing that requires DB update atm is for use of the global variables, as designed by tark and scorp (lookout 'coming soon' post), and included in distro since 0.5.3dr3 or so.

To write a quest, just create a text file, name it 1243.pl where 1234 is NPC type id, and put it in the right directory ( ./quest/freporte/ if your NPC is in freport east).

All about this in the sticky in this forum, but basically that's all you need to do. Look at that post for a debug-convenient default quest, too.

ryder911
03-24-2004, 04:59 AM
K i got ya, Cause im helping a friend with his server, Gonna try to make some quest for it. wasnt sure if i needed direct DB access or if i could just send him it in notepad them have him rename it

ryder911
03-25-2004, 09:01 AM
I dont no were to put the quest. You said ./quest/freporte/ if mob wasi n freeport.
Well i can find any /quest folder. I checked emu folder. Checked mysql folder to dont no were elsr to check

samandhi
03-25-2004, 10:59 AM
That folder should be in your /eqemu folder.. if your eqemu is in C: then it should look like this:
C:/eqemu/quests If there isnt one there you will have to create it...........Then create the subfolders needed under the quest folder (specific to whatever quest you are wanting to add).. So for the example listed in this post it should look like this:
C:/eqemu/quests/freporte/ Not to contradict Smogo, but note that it SHOULD be quests not quest...........

smogo
03-25-2004, 11:06 AM
Not to contradict Smogo, but note that it SHOULD be quests not quest...........
How did you dare !!! :evil: Fear my wrath now ...

hehe, J/K

ryder911
03-25-2004, 01:25 PM
K thanks guys=) now only if eqadmin wasnt so stupid and it wuold let change my gm status not just look at it lol

ryder911
03-26-2004, 12:29 PM
Can't get my quest to work. This is how i have it set up, Im using 5.5 dr 1. I have perl and scaler both installed. And i check with guide and shows that scaller is instaled right

I put the quest in emu directory. c:\emu2\quests\qeynos

I saved the file as 3414.pl

That is one of the npcs on the dock Marlin something.
I hail him and get no responce. Tried it on multi pc's with my quest and bone chip quest from guide and never get no responce both files look like this

sub EVENT_Say
{
if($text=~ /Hail/i){quest::say("Hail $name. I need your help recovering some [ingredients].");}
if($text=~/ingrededients/i){quest::say("I need two wolf pets and two bone chips. If you bring me these I will reward you.");}
}
sub EVENT_ITEM
{
if ($item1{31792} == 2)($item2{13073}== 2){quest::say("Thank you, $name, take this as a reward.");
quest::exp(200);
quest::spawnitem(6351);}
}

and the onei got from guide

sub EVENT_SAY
{
if ($text~= /Hail/i){quest::say("Hail $name. We of Tunare are charged with protecting the Great Mother from the forces of Innoruk. Even now the evil minions of this foul deity are despoiling our great forest. Will you help us [protect the mother]?");}
if ($text~= /perform a task/i){quest::say("Just outside the gates of Felwithe the forces of Innoruk gather in the guise of decaying skeletons. Bring me four sets of bone chips as proof of your vigilance. I assure you that your faith shall not go unrewarded.");}
}
sub EVENT_ITEM
{
if ($itemcount{13331} == 4){quest::say("Praise Tunare - I knew that you would be victorious. I reward you with this spell, and pray that it will help you in your fight against the unholy forces of Innoruk.");
quest::exp(125);
quest::faction(32,5);
quest::faction(57,-1);
quest::spawnitem(15374);}
}

I rebooted server multiple times trying to get it to work, cant seem to get it to work. Not sure if i scripted it wrong or something, but if i did, i dont see why the one from the guide wouldn't work. Someone told me you need RC1 bins, i did a search on boards couldnt find anything about them, and didnt read anythig on guide so i wasnt sure.

Any help with this is appreciated

Monrezz
03-26-2004, 11:34 PM
Paste the contents of your zone.exe when you boot it up, you may not have the Perl enabled binaries.

ryder911
03-27-2004, 12:47 AM
do you mean boot5zone? or zone? Cause i dont run the zone one it closes as soon as i run it. But my boot 5 zone looks like this

[Status] CURRENT_ZONE_VERSION: EQEMu 0.5.5-DR1
[Status] Loading Variables
[Status] Loading zone names
[Status] Loading items
[Status] EMuShareMem loaded
[Status] Loading npcs
[Status] Loading NPCTypes from database...
[Status] Loading npc faction lists
[Status] Loading loot tables
[Status] Loading Loot tables from database...
[Status] Loading doors
[Status] Loading Doors from database...
[Status] FileLoadSPDat() Loading spells from ./spells_us.txt
[Status] FileLoadSPDat() spells loaded: 5002
[Status] Loading guilds
[Status] Loading factions
[Status] Loading corpse timers
[Status] Loading what ever is left
Couldn't open './addon.ini'.
[Status] Loading commands
[Status] command_init(): Warning: Command 'help' defaulting to access level 0!
[Status] command_init(): Warning: Command 'version' defaulting to access level 0
!
[Status] command_init(): Warning: Command 'serversidename' defaulting to access
level 0!
[Status] command_init(): Warning: Command 'loc' defaulting to access level 0!
[Status] command_init(): Warning: Command 'flag' defaulting to access level 0!
[Status] 157 commands loaded
[Status] Entering sleep mode
Connected to worldserver: 192.168.1.119:9000

ryder911
03-27-2004, 12:49 AM
alrgith im pretty sure i dont have perl enabled zone.exe Anyone no where i can get one for 5.5 ?

ryder911
03-28-2004, 07:38 AM
Well I got perl Enabled bins, but npcs still arent responde

sub EVENT_Say
{
if($text=~ /Hail/i){quest::say("Hail $name. I need your help recovering some [ingredients].");}
if($text=~/ingrededients/i){quest::say("I need two wolf pets and two bone chips. If you bring me these I will reward you.");}
}
sub EVENT_ITEM
{
if ($item1{31792} == 2)($item2{13073}== 2){quest::say("Thank you, $name, take this as a reward.");
}

Is that wrong or something? I say hail and they just stare at me lol.
Yes im using 5.5 bins, and perl enabled

Scorpious2k
03-28-2004, 08:21 AM
sub EVENT_ITEM
{
}

Try

sub EVENT_ITEM
{
if ($item1==31792 && $item2==13073){quest::say("Thank you, $name, take this as a reward.");
quest::summonitem(6351);}
}

Sk8ordiek2k1
04-01-2004, 01:53 PM
Well I got perl Enabled bins,

could i ask where ya found em?
been looking around a for good while and havent tripped over them just yet..=P