PDA

View Full Version : Error: no d3d9.dll

KazronVZVZ
04-05-2004, 05:07 PM
I apologize if this in the wrong forum, but i'm thinking this error stems from me not even having the correct files. I've followed the EQEmu set up tutorial before successfully,(and have since uninstalled eq twice hehe) so i know my computer can run this. My question is which pack of files do i need to play EQEmu, i cannot seem to get the right set of files. The Howto guide is perfect except for which set of EQEmu set of files i need to download.

Thank you very much if you can direct me toward a set of files that will allow me to play EQEmu, dont even need a server hosting set or anything.

ltlruss
04-05-2004, 05:11 PM
There are no files to download.... Just change your eqhost and set up the shortcut and you should be good. If it says that you're missing a file, run everquest.exe and patch to live again. It should replace anything that might be missing.... Good luck

Derision
04-05-2004, 08:33 PM
d3d9.dll is a DirectX9 file. Download DX9 from www.microsoft.com and install it.

KazronVZVZ
04-05-2004, 08:51 PM
oh god do i feel stupid then, i've reinstalled everquest twice today thinking when i tried to move it to a diff. harddrive i lost something... haha oh well. thanks for your help sir :)

ltlruss
04-06-2004, 01:21 AM
Oh, sorry about that... :oops: Probably should have done some research first.....

KazronVZVZ
04-06-2004, 01:45 PM
you shouldnt feel bad, you fixed my prob immediately :) thanks much.

now if anybody knows how to get eqw working with eqemu i'd be even happier!~

Monrezz
04-07-2004, 06:35 AM
Use patchme method, or latest version of EQW.