PDA

View Full Version : North Qeynos is crashing. All other zones work?

Vipermmx
01-26-2002, 08:31 AM
Whenever I try to zone into by zoneline or by #zone I crash. North Qeynos just wont work. All other zones work. Any chance my qeynos2 file might be corrupt? I get a GPF on zone.exe when I try north qeynos.

Im baffled.

Zeitgeist
01-26-2002, 10:01 AM
delete the qeynos files and repatch. also has qeynos craashed on you before? if so do a world clean or remove qeynos if it shows up under zone servers in the db using eqadmin.

madborg
01-26-2002, 10:50 AM
Whenever I try to zone into by zoneline or by #zone I crash. North Qeynos just wont work. All other zones work. Any chance my qeynos2 file might be corrupt? I get a GPF on zone.exe when I try north qeynos.

Im baffled.

You are not alone. I frequently get problems with qeynos and qeynos2. not confirmed yet I think what triggers it is that you try to first do a zoneline and you crash. Then you try to get around the zoneline problem by doing #zone.

Here is what I think is happening ( a guess :
1. zoneline movement causes a crash; to clear this the machine has to be reboot. restarting the server is not enough

2. #zone won't cause a problem between q and q2 if you just do #zone and never try a zoneline movement between q and 2.

There is nothing wrong with the qeynos files, but when a Windows machine crashes, even if it keeps going, the crash will have other effects and software will continue to crash. It's a bad, bad Windows design.

I will try this out later this weekend and confirm that case 1 & 2 are true -- or not.

**added**
I went to test this out with a new boot up of the servers. Entered s qeynos and did #zone qeynos2 and immedately crashed. So my best gues s was disproved.

Zeitgeist
01-26-2002, 03:10 PM
for the record i have never crashed zoning between qeynos..es whats the plural of qeynos? qeyni? qeynii? *shrug* well i had qeynos crash on me once had to pluck its entry out of zone servers in the db before i could get back in :)

madborg
01-26-2002, 03:18 PM
my experience so far (based on tests I did this afternoon):

I have a lot more zone crashes (move from zone to zone) when I use miniLogin. I don't think I have crashed with I move around in my server when it used the loginserver and connects through gotfrags.

I have tried with old chars and new chars and the problems seem to be isolated on what I use for a login server.