PDA

View Full Version : #ipc (interactive NPC mode) problems. help please?

exeden
04-12-2004, 01:43 AM
I was just messing around with some of the commands, trying to get used to them so I might have a small LAN with my friends and play some scenarios, I was wondering what the #ipc command is and exactly what it does.

RexChaos
04-12-2004, 02:18 AM
does that allow you to "possess" an npc? That would be great if it does. I wasn't aware anything like that existed. That was on thing I missed from being a GM on my Neverwinter Nights server.

nilar
04-12-2004, 06:07 PM
If you want to pose as an NPC....use /becomenpc :D

exeden
04-12-2004, 11:54 PM
OiC.. :P now i have something fun to do with my EQ Lan extravaganza.

exeden
04-13-2004, 02:00 AM
So.. you can become a NPC, but you can't, with any command, take over a targeted NPC, correct :?:

Monrezz
04-13-2004, 02:29 AM
I think /becomenpc makes you control the targetted npc. Useful for GM events if you want to control the "boss mob", I guess.

Dave987
04-13-2004, 05:53 AM
I think /becomenpc makes you control the targetted npc. Useful for GM events if you want to control the "boss mob", I guess.

I just been playing around with it, the Syntax is pretty cool.. something like

/becomenpc [race] [texture] [head] [face] [helm] [level]

Level is the highest level character you can be attacked by and that you can attack... if you did #name then your just like an npc ... but being able to take over a targeted NPC I don't think you can :(

RexChaos
04-13-2004, 06:16 AM
blah...that sucks....

Would be better as " /becomenpc <idnumber> " so you could instantly pick someone to be instead of having to "create" an npc every time you use the command.

NarutoLegacy
04-13-2004, 08:35 AM
A command to take over an npc should be made.

animepimp
04-13-2004, 09:01 AM
Its probably possible to do since we already have spells that let you look through a mobs eyes and they work jsut fine already. Allowing the client to attack with the mob and move them around is easy, the harder part is probably tricking the client into moving a npc instead of the player. And would the player's body jsut be left standing there while they controlled the mob or would it disappear or what? And would it respond to attacks on it as if it was a NPC if the player is not currently in his own body? Just some things that need to be thought of for this to be worked out.

exeden
04-16-2004, 12:34 AM
here, consider this,

when the player takes control of NPC, the player 'body' becomes a NPC, just like they do when the go LD.

doubt the code would support it that simply, but it would be cool.