PDA

View Full Version : Setting up login server

Sledge
04-16-2004, 07:56 AM
I did a brief bit of looking but could not find info on setting up a login server.

Before I go any farther, let me detail what I want to do.

Set up a server with an as-close-as-possible to "real" EQ DB.
Have my friends access it over the internet (or myself from work when things are slow).
100% self reliance for all EQEMU processes (i.e. no using login servers provided by eqemulator.net)

I can handle setting up the server and tracking down the databases, but all I find is some useless (to me) info about minilogin for local logins which I have no use for, or other methods that rely on servers not 100% under my control.

Who knows how to solve these problems?

KhaN
04-16-2004, 09:21 AM
You dont have "problems".
When i started to collect infos on EQEmu, i wondered why i must use EQEmu login server. Maybe its the best way to centralise servers, maybe they want a control on account to ban some users to prevent problems with SoE, i dont know, i just let it drop :roll:

Good luck :D

Sledge
04-16-2004, 09:38 AM
You dont have "problems".
When i started to collect infos on EQEmu, i wondered why i must use EQEmu login server. Maybe its the best way to centralise servers, maybe they want a control on account to ban some users to prevent problems with SoE, i dont know, i just let it drop :roll:

I don't plan to. Guess I'll have to sniff the traffic and come up with a work around. If I wanted to connect to a closed login server I'd just use the real ones.

Good luck :D

Well, ok, I guess I phrased that wrong. A better description would be: "As close to possible except scaled for a small number of users and only concerning the original zones since I haven't played since before the first expansion and will never know the difference if anything is 'off' in the 'new' zones even though some of my friends might and I never had a character higher than maybe mid-twenties and the most uber loot I ever had was some bloody chain thing for my shoulders from Unrest."

eq_addict_08
04-16-2004, 11:13 AM
Well, boats don't work "out of the box" yet I believe. So, It shouldn't be too hard to stop peeple from traveling to far lands. Just don't create porters to zones you don't want goten to and dissactivate PoK books. would pretty much have old world content, since lizzys still seem to die on birth. oh, and set #zone to higher status than 0.

RangerDown
04-16-2004, 02:54 PM
If it's just that you're wanting to disable expansions, the serverop of each world server controls what expansions are available. Even though your server select screen says you have all expansions enabled, you can disable them in your world server settings.

To keep people out of zones you don't want them in: look in the 'zone' table in your database. Either delete from there the zones you don't want them to get to (if you delete, then you won't be able to get to them either), or set their Minimum-Status field to require GM status to get to.

NarutoLegacy
04-16-2004, 03:18 PM
Well, boats don't work "out of the box" yet I believe. So, It shouldn't be too hard to stop peeple from traveling to far lands. Just don't create porters to zones you don't want goten to and dissactivate PoK books. would pretty much have old world content, since lizzys still seem to die on birth. oh, and set #zone to higher status than 0.

There are alot of ways to ignore that.

bluejam
04-17-2004, 02:35 AM
I wonder if it was even possible to code all the quests and events from EQLive, hehe.