PDA

View Full Version : current top problems list

madborg
01-26-2002, 12:01 PM
Here is the list of the current top problems that are still not resolved:

1. Neither eqw 2.2 nor eqgame patchme work, i.e. user can't get to character select screen.

2. Only eqw 2.2 works, eqgame patchme doesn't. Behavior of egame seems to be like item 1.

3. Qeynos and Qyenos2 zone movement causing a crash. So far these are the only two zones causing the problem. Is q2 more of a problem than q?

All the other known problems have workaround or simple solutions -- such as setting 16-bit, using eqemu/eqemu for minilogin, and so on.

Any other candidates?

Gino
01-26-2002, 12:40 PM
After creating a char and trying to enter the world, i get get dropped almost allways. Zone drops me after third package.
*only happens with new created chars, restarting client fixes that*

Not so top problems :

1. Con msg fubared.

2. After relogging armor dosent show up properly.
"Wizzies in plate are nice :D"

3. Barb faces are messed up.
"Luclin model. Ever seen the eye under the eyepatch ? :)"

4. Getting dropped when entering a heavy npc populated zone.
"Looks like lag then disconnects, only happens when the zone has to be started, for the player that enters it"

Regards
Gino

madborg
01-26-2002, 01:59 PM
After creating a char and trying to enter the world, i get get dropped almost allways. Zone drops me after third package.
*only happens with new created chars, restarting client fixes that*[/b]

Sounds like you can create a char, enter zone, then almost immediate you get dropped. What is your startzone?

I haven't heard of anyone else having this problem. Anyone?

4. Getting dropped when entering a heavy npc populated zone.
"Looks like lag then disconnects, only happens when the zone has to be started, for the player that enters it"

This looks like the zone death, 30 secs or less. The problem was on the top problem list before, but no one (until now) had reported it as a problem in 0.2.
Can anyone else add to this? I haven't seen it in 0.2

madborg
01-26-2002, 02:50 PM
3. Qeynos and Qyenos2 zone movement causing a crash. So far these are the only two zones causing the problem. Is q2 more of a problem than q?

Right now I am more suspicious of using the miniLogin than the Qeynos zone.

Here's what I did:

Using the gotfrags loginserver, I created a new char. Start zone s. qeynos. I zone many, many times with no problem. I even did a few zonelines moves from qeynos. This is the second char that I have that did not have zone problems.

Shutdown everything and this time I used the miniserver. I created a new char. On first #zone, crashed right away on zonigi to nexus. I reboot the machine and restarted server and deleted
char. Started again, tried to zone to n qeynos and crashed right away. This is the scond char that I have had zone crashes with this account.

It seems thast as far as #zone goes, my problems have all been related to the fact that I am using the miniLogin. I haven't experience zoning problems when I go through the Loginserver and gotfrags.

Gino
01-26-2002, 11:08 PM
This looks like the zone death, 30 secs or less. The problem was on the top problem list before, but no one (until now) had reported it as a problem in 0.2.
Can anyone else add to this? I haven't seen it in 0.2

Im using 0.2.0 and it only happens in zones with heavy population "75 Npc in that case" and if the zone need to be fired up. However if the zone is up already i can enter without any problem. The problem dosent not arise if a zone need to be fired up, but is not populated.

Sounds like you can create a char, enter zone, then almost immediate you get dropped. What is your startzone? [/B]

Usually an empty WFP.

I should maybe add some Details.
Im using 1 W2k Adv. Server running DB,World and Zones, connected to LS.
And 2 client pc`s to access the world over a hub.
(no internal network set up, using 3 ip`s provided by my isp. No ip masking)
All set up so that external people can join.

Regards
Gino

Hmm
01-27-2002, 01:20 AM
qeynos isnt only plm zone. going to south karana any #goto will cause you to fly up, pause then fall to death.