PDA

View Full Version : About Lurker's latest db

ryco
04-20-2002, 10:53 PM
First, thanks a lot for doing the dirty work =)
Real cool, but I've noticed a few weirds things, wanted to know if that was my fault or if you got that too :
Every mob in Kael drops Ro armor and ghoulbanes hehe, even tormax , vindicator etc..
Statue of rallos, avatar of war seem to be missing and they seem to be inside ToV instead...

maybe I did something wrong with the zone files ? I've no idea hehe

Vipermmx
04-21-2002, 12:13 AM
Think its just common glitches. I played EQ for 4 years and know every NPC loc and look. I noticed that pups in Nqeynos are skinned wrong, beetles are all queen size, bats are way to big, snakes are giant snakes, Rossten is a female insead of male. I found alot of errors. I think the DB is limited in what it can do maybe because of emu? Love the DB it should be easy to correct all those things once a tool is out.

Nice DB though!

Drawde
04-21-2002, 01:10 AM
Most of the things you describe are really easy to fix, just change the values in the DB. In fact one of the things I'm doing at the minute is fixing the size and texture values for things like beetles. As for the things that the Kael giants drop, no idea why that error occurs, since I didn't do that bit of the DB. The loot table sounds like the one for very high-level paladin NPCs, the giants should drop things like velium weapons.
Also, Ariak said a while ago that he had problems with getting some of the textures (like the statues) to work properly.

Lurker_005
04-21-2002, 05:55 AM
Hmm the stuff in the old world comes from bugs in drawde's DB data, easy to fix, just time consuming. I think this is mostly what Drawde does now, work on finetuning the zones he spawned.
A few things seem to just be wierdness with skins. I have seen this with the wolves in kael, this may be a emu bug, but more likely something to do with the DB.
The Kael spawns in ToV... err well that bug is all mine :( I was wondering were ariak's kael spawns had gotten to. I must have the zone name wrong in eqspawns.txt and changed it to ToV with all the spawns (Drawde I could never get the actual updated EQNPC program)
The DB is a continual bug fix/work in progress :) Your usage is really helpfull in finding/fixing these bugs.

Shortlived
04-21-2002, 06:39 PM
I can't imagine Hand writing EVERY single spawn in EQ!!! man you guys are fucking great!

Lurker_005
04-22-2002, 05:28 AM
Hand wright? (he thinks I hand wright stuff ;) )

All the zones I added, I took a spawnlog froim ShowEQ and ran some macros in a text editor. That results in the skeleton spawned zones in about 20 minutes. For Kael and Warrens I did some search and replaces that got almost all the models in pretty good shape. the Lucin zones I added I have no idea what they should look like, so....

The hard stuff has been done by ariak and Drawde, they actually HAVE done a lot of hard work to get the location, model, skin, loot, merchants in there. They rock!

Ariak
04-22-2002, 06:24 AM
Statue/Vindi/AoW/Tormax are in Kael, and in the correct graphic. See my latest training: Kael, for further proof.

/shrug

ryco
04-22-2002, 10:28 AM
Have any new DB that works with the latest version Ariak ? would be cool if you have a link to it or something =)

Lurker_005
04-22-2002, 10:47 AM
Her 9.0 is out in the worldbuilder forum. The Emu will revert to the eqemu3.0 npc_types table and should run fine.

But she hinted at a 11.0 soon