PDA

View Full Version : Cannot Enter World

Rico
01-27-2002, 07:58 AM
im getting a text box that pops up with the error message "Cannot Load the File "E|W'' in the current directory you are running everquest from. Make sure you are not running Everquest from two different directories"

Before anyone answers, I just want to double check 0.2.0 IS Luclin Ready, correct...if not, then there is my prob ;)

Zeitgeist
01-27-2002, 11:32 AM
it is Luclin Ready yes...

Rico
01-29-2002, 08:51 AM
anyone shed some light on this topic? I am unable to use the Emulator until I can find a solution to this problem.

-Thanks in Advance

Baron Sprite
01-29-2002, 05:20 PM
Been getting that also, only had about 2 hours to mess around with EMU so far though, will tell you if I get it :rolleyes:

xiix
01-30-2002, 04:11 AM
been getting this problem too

madborg
01-30-2002, 06:35 AM
I have seen that message before on the EQLive servers -- long time ago. I don't remember what had caused it. But the fact that more than one person is seeing it, makes me very suspcious.

I just ran my server with miniLogin and didn't get the message. I also tried with gotfrags but I wasn't able to connect to the server.

At what point do you get the message:
-before login screen
-after server select
-after character select

Also how long ago since your last EQ patch? And of course are you using the miniLogin or the gotfrags login server?

xiix
01-30-2002, 06:42 AM
i get it right after char select going to enter world. i have the latest patch and use minilogin.

Rico
01-30-2002, 08:34 AM
I get the problem after I choose a character and click the 'enter world' button. The music plays for about 5 seconds and then I get the error, im using EQW and will try later with patchme. I do prefer to have my EQ windowed however =/

Baron Sprite
01-30-2002, 08:58 AM
How I fixed it:
1) Patched EQ with a full file scan
2) Made a new db
3) Installed the DB.sql
4*) Copied my item db into there
5a) Booted up minilogin, world, and 2zone.bat (2 zones instead of 5 :D personal pref.)
5) Ran EQW 2.2
6) Created a character
7) Went into admin tool and moved character into a new zone.
8) Went back into world and camped out.
9) Did 5a then used eqgame patchme and it worked fine.

If anyone has any shorter versions, all you :p

xiix
01-31-2002, 05:14 AM
well that fixed my "cannot load the file E|W" error, i was able to log in once everything was working fine so i camped out and decided to try once more to make sure it worked. well the next time and the times after that i have been getting "you've been disconnected" screen.

kinda sux i just got a tease =(

madborg
01-31-2002, 01:53 PM
well that fixed my "cannot load the file E|W" error, i was able to log in once everything was working fine so i camped out and decided to try once more to make sure it worked. well the next time and the times after that i have been getting "you've been disconnected" screen.

kinda sux i just got a tease =(

I can sort of understand your third attempt resulting in a "disconnect" since your second attempt also was a disconnect.
But what was different from you first and second attempt?

xiix
02-01-2002, 12:24 PM
well madborg it must have magically fixed itself cuz i have not had a disconnect in about 10 tries runs perfectly now =)

azul14457
02-02-2002, 12:07 PM
well i cant get into the servers, i can login, view the server list and click on them but then i get an error and it drops out
any ideas.? i use windows Xp and tnt2