PDA

View Full Version : Easier Mob Creation

Locoelf
04-22-2002, 02:21 AM
I am quite knowledgable when it comes to the Emulator and editing and such...but whenever I try to create my own independent mobs it always ends up crashing the zone. I dont know if this would be a change in the Admin or in the Emu but just some more simplicity when it comes to creating your own mobs. Thanks

Sauron
04-22-2002, 03:20 PM
Right now in the Admin tool that I'm working on it will fill out most of the Tables for you reducing the risk of a messup. It will simplify it hopefully down to just inputing what NPCs you want. What you want them to drop and there zone and loc. The rest my program will take care of all the complicated relations becween spawn group, spawn entrie and what not. So hopefully if this works and my admin tool can do most of the hard work for you, spawn creation will be alot easier. Once I can figure out how to decode and encode the Blobs such as the one in in the raw_data column in the Items table I can release it. However until then I'm stuck.

Lurker_005
04-22-2002, 03:53 PM
I know the Items blob contains a lot of stuff! Why not try to just get the item name to start with. Once you get that working add the other item info in.

To my knowledge, all data in the blob starts at a specified offset, and any text is null terminated (there can be and is garbage between that null and the next data offset) The data may also change format for different item types (bag, book, std item) personally I don't know if that is the case.

So to get the item name (the first field) get everything till you hit a null. The text field displayed if identify is cast is next (item lore), I don't know the offset at the moment, but same thing applies. Grab till the next null.

There was also some talk about decoding the blob for PHP pages a bit ago, you may want to glance at that. I'm not sure if it will apply to your programing...

I hope this helps

stormgod
04-22-2002, 04:09 PM
here would be a simple request to get the name of and item you already got the ID :

first part getting the ID
SELECT * from items where raw_data LIKE '%" & Texttosearch & "%';

this should find the text to search and fill your recordset
but it will be case sensitive
ie it will Jagged Blade of War if you search for "agged" but not "AgGed"

then you get the id from the id field

SELECT mid(raw_data,1,35) from items where id = '" & testid & "' ;

this will get you the name of a specific item id

Hope this helps ;)