PDA

View Full Version : SEQ log request.

meliudaj
04-22-2002, 04:14 AM
I'm just haveing a HELL of a time getting SEQ to run on my redhat 7.2 box (acctualy 7.2 keeps crashing)

Anyway I was hoping I could get someone that has SEQ running good to drop a SEQlog of Blackburrow on here for me so I can do some work on that zone (in the meantime untill I get mine working), Also getting some practice in for tweaking out a zone.

Trumpcard
04-22-2002, 05:48 AM
I have Blackburrow in my spawnlog.txt.

I meant to write a parser that would break the spawn.log into a bunch of seperate zone files, but never got around to it, so you'll just have to bite the bullet and download the whole thing..

http://denial.dyn.dhs.org/eqimages/spawnlog.txt

Lurker_005
04-22-2002, 05:55 AM
It's getting bigger :) Just zipping up the log, and starting a new one would be nice. (post the link to the ziped one too :) )

And meliudaj, I'll post the edited blackburrow ready to be used by EQNPC if you like.

meliudaj
04-22-2002, 06:21 AM
Nah.. I wana start out with the raw data straight from SEQ so I know all my conversion attempts work like I'm expecting.

Also do you need/want the finish blackburrow when I'm done, or has this wheel allready been invented?

Lurker_005
04-22-2002, 06:40 AM
:) I can understand that.

When you get the zone done, please post the section of EQSpawns.txt for that zone.

meliudaj
04-22-2002, 07:01 AM
GULP 5.07Mb 1372 page log file!

A TAD bigger then I was expecting.... But your right blackburrow is in there

/em Cut, Paste

Much better!

Now question... I see one colum in there is killedBy. A mob doesn't have to be Killed to have the data sent down to client does it? (so showeq can log it) I'm under the impression that all mob data is dumped at the client on zone load/ zone change.

Trumpcard
04-22-2002, 07:14 AM
Good idea Lurker...

Its probably time to retire that spawnlog..

What I'll do is make a directory called spawnlog under that root, then copy them in, and zip them up for archive purposes..

Heres the new link.

http://denial.dyn.dhs.org/eqimages/spawnlog

This is just a directory, so should be able to just view it and pick the one you want..

If anyone else has showeq logs to contribute, I'll be happy to open up anon ftp access so you can stage them into this directory...

Big isnt it melinda? Thats been my running spawnlog for a while.. :-) Good thing about having one that old though, have a good chance of picking rares when you run through..

I'll get showeq running again pretty soon. Updated my QT to 3 to run KDE3 (which rocks btw), now have to wait for the showeq team to update showeq to work with QT 3.x

meliudaj
04-22-2002, 07:28 AM
Again don't have the stuff on this puter to verify.. but I though showeq4 DID work with QT 3.x. Don't quote me on that.

Also not a fan of re-inventing stuff... is has the step from ShowEQ log --> EQspawn.txt been automated yet?

And a third note.. Now seeing how badly you mangled my name Trump :-P I have decided to change my name on this board, No more 521 name for me :-) (didn't know I was going to hang around when I first signed up.)

Trumpcard
04-22-2002, 07:34 AM
Mangled?

LOL... I was one letter off the short name!

meliudaj
^
melinda

I get QT errors when compiling with 3.0.3 , and ./configure lets me know that QT isnt officially supported yet.. THink they are still working the kinks outta it

meliudaj
04-22-2002, 07:38 AM
True.. not exactly a mangle in spelling.. but with that one letter I became a different sex! :-)

Trumpcard
04-22-2002, 07:44 AM
Wishful thinking? Freudian slip?

LOL

Lurker_005
04-22-2002, 07:52 AM
Meliudaj, I have a macro for ultraedit to convert it. Really just search and replace, but it works pretty well. I'll post the text of the macro so regardless of what you use you can benifit from what I worked on.

Regarding the killed by... SEQ logs spawns, and de-spawns (kills)
I probably should remove any lines that start with -: (de-spawn) since it had to already bee there elsewhere.

I suggest you pick just 1 copy of a zone log, and use it. Only use the other copies as referance, or to find rare spawns. My first attempt I took all the logs of a given zone, converted em to EQSpawns.txt format and deleted the dupes. There were STILL tons of duplicates at slightly different locations, plus lots more player characters scattered in there.

meliudaj
04-22-2002, 07:52 AM
Uh-oh... thread off target...

Wanted to makes sure this question wasn't forgoten.

Also not a fan of re-inventing stuff... has the step from ShowEQ log --> EQspawn.txt been automated yet?

****NM****

meliudaj
04-22-2002, 07:58 AM
So your saying eqemu doesn't force those players to relogin and Pop where they are supposed too huh.. How lame :P

As for posting your macro. Good that may be usefull.. I just wanted to make sure I wasnt wasting my time doing what has been done... I may try some different approches to it as well.