PDA

View Full Version : HOWTO: Video Releases (Visual Aid) {UPDATED: 1/2/05}

Spike
05-08-2004, 04:16 AM
http://img17.exs.cx/img17/8360/EQ000001.jpg

HOW TO HOST A SERVER + MINILOGIN! (http://www.raskii.net/spike/eqemu_project.wmv) (coming soon...)

HOW TO PLAY EQEMU! (http://www.linkups.placida.fu8.com/new_login_method_SPIKE.mpeg) File size: 34MBs
(VIDEO UP TO DATE AS OF 1/2/05!)
NOTE: Right click on link, save target as... (its a HUGE file!)
CABLE INTERNET (estimated) = 6 minute download

Special thanks to: mikenune for BREAKING THE LINKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bypassing the DMZ in a router and disabling firewalls V I D E O COMING SOON!

Spike
07-01-2004, 01:06 PM
HOW TO PLAY EQEMU + HOW TO NOT PATCH!

1) DOWNLOAD THIS (http://www.linkups.placida.fu8.com/EQHOST.zip)-Don't forget to make it read only! (RIGHT CLICK, PROPERITES, READ-ONLY!)

2) Put the file into your EverQuest directory. (overwrite the old one)

CHOOSE ONE OPTION BELOW, EITHER OPTION A, OR OPTION B!
OPTION A) CREATE A SHORTCUT OF THE EQGAME.EXE FILE! (Right click on eqgame.exe, create shortcut...)

OPTION A-2) Change target name, and add space, then the command pathme to the end of the already typed in command. (outside the quotation marks)
EXAMPLE: "c:/program files/everquest/eqgame.exe" patchme

OPTION B) DOWNLOAD THIS (http://eqwindows.com/eqw247.zip), then make sure the FIX EQCLIENT checkbox is checked, and the patch Everquest checkbox is NOT CHECKED!

Spike
08-20-2004, 07:56 AM
BYPASSING THE BUILT IN FIREWALL IN LINKSYS ROUTERS !

I had a DSL connection at the time I wrote this so this text is based on that experience. My setup was something like this:

The telephone line with the DSL connection on it hooked up into the DSL modem. The modem then had an RJ45 connector going into the DSL Router (this was a Linksys BEFSR41 4-port router). The Client PC's then connected into the Router from their individual NIC's.

Using the default address of the router in Internet Explorer allowed me to adjust the settings.

http:// 192.168.1.1

admin/admin as the login/password

from here i entered in the information provided by my ISP.

IP ADDRESS: xxx.xx.xxx.xxx
SUBNET MASK: 255.255.255.0
GATEWAY: xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
DNS1: xxx.xxx.xxx.xx
DNS2: xxx.xxx.xxx.x

I DISABLED DHCP and left the starting address at the default.

I went into the advanced settings. I knew that the Client i would be primarily using would have an FTP and would be using alot of online resources. So i first setup the Filter for the FTP:

Under Forwarding I knew that the FTP would have a Port of 21. so I set the:

Service Port Range: 20 ~ 21
Protocol: Both
IP Address: 192.168.1.2 ( The machine I was going to be using's IP )

Then under Port Triggering:

Application Name: FTP
Trigger Port Range: 20 ~ 21
Incoming Port Range: 20 ~ 21

As I stated earlier, I knew i was going to be using alot of online resources so I wanted my machine to use DMZ Hosting. This feature sets a local user to be exposed to the Internet. Any user on the Internet can access in/out data from the DMZ host.

DMZ Host IP Address: 192.168.1.2

Now that my Router was setup, it was time to Setup the Clients.

In order to use the FTP, I HAD to disable DHCP. Unfortunatley this meant that I would have to manually assign IP Addresses for the Client PC's.

In Network Neighborhood i had the following Installed:

Client for Microsoft Networks
Dial-Up Adapter
Network Adapter ( on the NIC card )
NetBEUI->( also on the NIC -- required for Filesharing on the network )
TCP/IP -> Dial-Up Adapter
TCP/IP -> ( on the NIC card )
File and Printer Sharing for Microsoft Networks

To save me some typing, I was having trouble with the Client Configurations, so i did some browsing and came accross a post on a messageboard about how to set up Clients with DCHP disabled. Here is the meat and potatoes of that post:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Say I'm setting up 3 computers, WS1, WS2, and WS3. I always disable DHCP server for the LAN on the router. I usually build my workstations with IP scope from 100-254. I leave the 20s range for print servers, the 2-9 for other servers, etc. DNS host name also equals your computers network ID name, which is what you see the computer called in network neighborhood. Also, all 3 workgroups should be the same so you can see all the computers in the first level of your network. And you will only see computers in network neighborhood if they have File and Print sharing loaded, or if they are running NT.
Below example is using DSL from SNET, with SNETs DNS servers at 204.60.0.2 and .3 Find out your ISP's DNS servers, either through the documentation they send you, their support website, or better yet, just log onto the routers status page and see what they hand your router through when it logs on and is connected.

*WARNING: THESE CHANGES ARE FOR THE TCP/IP -> ( on the NIC card) ONLY**

WS1 IP 192.168.1.100
Subnet 255.255.255.0
WINS Disabled
Gateway 192.168.1.1
DNS Host WS1
DNS Domain SNET.NET
DNS Servers 204.60.0.2 and 204.60.0.3

WS2 IP 192.168.1.101
Subnet 255.255.255.0
WINS Disabled
Gateway 192.168.1.1
DNS Host WS2
DNS Domain SNET.NET

WS3 IP 192.168.1.102
Subnet 255.255.255.0
WINS Disabled
Gateway 192.168.1.1
DNS Host WS3
DNS Domain SNET.NET
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

As you can see the ISP I was using did not require a DNS Domain. Also the DNS Server numbers were different and I chose to assign the IP's 192.168.1.2 and .3 to my two systems. However with those subtle changes this setup seemed to work perfectly.

CONDENSED VERSION
1) Open Internet Explorer
2) In the Address bar, type in 192.168.1.1 (click enter)
3) Afte typing in the 192.168.1.1 address, you will be asked to type in a username and password. Type in the following information.
NOTE: IT IS THE SAME FOR ALL ROUTERS! NO USERNAME OR PASSWORD DIFFERENCE!
USERNAME: admin
PASSWORD: admin
4) Depending on what firmware version you have, look for a link to DMZ. (it will either be on Advanced tab or the Gaming tab, then select DMZ)
5) It will then say 192.168.1.(BLANK), where it shows a blank, fill in your ending IP address there. To figure out what your local IP address is, follow either of these next tutorials to find it out...

My Network Places > Network Connections > (find your internet) (example: Local Area Connection, or Wireless Connection, etc.) (double click) > Click on the Support tab
(END)

Click START (it's the button on toolbar in lower right corner of your computer) > RUN > (type in) CMD > (in the black window type in) ipconfig
(END)

a_Guest03
12-13-2004, 11:30 AM
Moved server guide to its own topic.