PDA

View Full Version : New PacketCollector version

Edgar1898
05-10-2004, 09:54 AM
I need help beta testing this new version and help in collecting items if you dont mind. Just download it from http://www.eqemulator.net/PacketCollector.zip. If it says your missing wpcap.dll, just install the third party network tool available at: http://winpcap.polito.it/install/default.htm. Once that is done, just run it with the following options to collect items:

packetcollector.exe (whatever your ip address is) -items -name (whatever upload name you want for stats)

Let me know if you have any errors or problems.

From previous post:
There will be a new version of PacketCollector released shortly that should solve most of the problems that people have been experiencing. This was a large overhaul, especially in the way we were handling items. Now when a person collects an item, its uploaded in its raw form to us. We will then run a program on it to parse the data so its useful to us and it will be inserted into the downloadable database. This new process will enable us to reprocess the data if it becomes corrupted instead of people having to retrieve the items. I think the best bet to ensure that all the items are clean, is to do a complete wipe of all items in the database and then process the items as they come in. Depending on how many people help collect, it might take a little while to get it fully populated again. Anyways, stay tuned, it will be out tomorrow or Tuesday.

I havent wiped all the items yet, but once we have a good number of raw items in the database, I'll wipe the old items and setup the automated process that will convert any new items that come in and insert them into the database so they can be downloaded and searched through. (So the more people that help, the sooner we can get rid of some of the corrupted items in our database and replace them with good versions)

freak88
05-10-2004, 10:56 AM
will this version work with slip/ppp/ppoe connections? i know that winpcap now supports it :)

Edgar1898
05-10-2004, 11:26 AM
it should

Edgar1898
05-10-2004, 11:27 AM
Btw, if anyone started using the collector before 6:30 PM CST today, please download the newest version. There was a bug with updating items.

ndnet
05-10-2004, 12:06 PM
The URL gives me a 404 =(

Horjay, eet works~

Edgar1898
05-10-2004, 12:38 PM
Sorry try again, hopefully its fully fixed now hehe. If it says bad password (or access denied), that means I found a bug and needed to get it fixed before someone uploaded any new data with the old version. If thats the case, just download the new one from the same URL:
http://www.eqemulator.net/PacketCollector.zip

kawaru23
05-11-2004, 01:33 AM
If it would be useful I can drop you a dump of my item database. I scrape Lucy's pretty regularly for it, so if you trust them it's pretty much up to date.

ndnet
05-11-2004, 03:17 AM
I get several lines of this when I startup the PC using
packetcollector.exe myIP -items -name ndnet

Loaded text:
Loaded text:
Loaded text:
Username set to: ndnet

Is this collecting text correctly?

Other than that it seems to be working well, though it does take a fuggin' long time to load and then upload a 1.5-2mb item file ~.~

Isla
05-11-2004, 04:56 AM
Current version seem to collect these fine:
* Items in inventory / equipped items
* Items on merchants
* Item links when a link is clicked
* Items on LDoN merchants (need to click item link to collect it)

Current version does not collect:
* augments on items. Even if I click augment link on item it does not get collected.
* Items inside containers in bank.
* Items inside containers in inventory.

Workaround to collect these items is to make text link from items and then click link, but it's pretty annoying and slow.

Crash bug: My "collected_items.eqitems" file is currently 350k, when i run packetcollector now it always crashes after loading (all?) items. I had to rename that file for packetcollector to run.
If you want me to email the "collected_items.eqitems"-file to someone to reproduce the problem please let me know.

Edgar1898
05-11-2004, 05:02 AM
To get rid of the loaded text messages, just delete your collected_texts.eqtexts file.

If you have a crash bug while loading items could you please email me your items file (email: LethalEncounter@eqemulator.net)? Maybe I can determine the crash (and hopefully fix it), although I have an idea about the cause. As far as it not collecting bank items or augment items, bank items are sent along with inventory, but augment items should be send along with their parent item.

Edgar1898
05-11-2004, 03:29 PM
OK, I released a new pc, it will fix the issue with not logging items that were in bags, banks, and on augments. Just download it from the usual link. I also added some stuff in that should speed up loading items and sending them. It keeps track of items that werent updated and unless the item changes, it wont try to upload that item again. Let me know if you have any issues with it. There is still a 1 in 18 chance that it will try the item again, but in most cases, it wont. Also, instead of displaying every item as it was being loaded, I changed it to display a message after every 1000 items are loaded. This will make it load items a LOT faster. Anyways let me know if you have any issues with this version.