PDA

View Full Version : Can't connect to the database

Eshmanguls
05-10-2004, 04:36 PM
I'm running the latest PacketCollector (http://www.eqemulator.net/PacketCollector.zip). When I type packetcollector.exe -name Eshmanguls xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx I get the following:
Microsoft Windows XP [Version 5.1.2600]
(C) Copyright 1985-2001 Microsoft Corp.

C:\Documents and Settings\(Myaccount)>cd c:\packetcollector

C:\PacketCollector>packetcollector.exe -name Eshmanguls xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
Failed to connect to database: Error: Access denied for user: 'items@S0106000c6eec9045.vn.shawcable.net' (Using password: xxxxxx)
Loading Item information from master database...
Not connected. Cannot execute query.
Error in GetVariableInt8: (

Items not being processed: Could not connect to parent database to get item struct!
Username set to: Eshmanguls
Sniffin on '\Device\NPF_{76E61FE3-711C-4C01-8762-2F28E572D745}', net=0.0.0.0, target=xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx (xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx)
And when I hit Ctrl+C I get
Got signal: 2
Failed to connect to database: Error: Access denied for user: 'items@S0106000c6eec9045.vn.shawcable.net' (Using password: xxxxxx)
Searching items for ones not uploaded and
querying the database where necessary...
0 items added, 0 updated, 0 unchanged.
Not connected. Cannot upload texts.

C:\PacketCollector>

Any ideas?

Edgar1898
05-10-2004, 09:37 PM
yah, just download the latest again from the same link. Until its officially released (still beta right now), when I find a bug that could affect data, I change the password to prevent anyone from uploading data from the old packetcollectors. This should (hopefully) be the last time that happens before its officially released. The old version was trying to update an item when it shouldnt have, so we were getting duplicates, thats what this fix is. As long as you havent deleted your items file, you can simply load it using the latest version and use Control-U to upload the items from your list.