PDA

View Full Version : sitting and permaroot

t7x53
05-14-2004, 10:27 PM
Two questions regarding quests/NPCs in general. Does anyone know how to have an NPC sit down after it spawns (like the seer in pok). Also, is permarooting possible at the moment?

xtremeterror
05-14-2004, 10:30 PM
Just a guess, maybe you should set walk/run speed of the mob at both 0 so that he can't move ?

Also, maybe you should look at OP, or action (don't remember at all the exact name, i just know i did something with it) packets, get the command in PERL and execute it on mob spawn ? (sub EVENT_SPAWN)

t7x53
05-14-2004, 10:33 PM
leaving run/walk at 0 sets it to the default speed I believe, as they can walk/run with them both at 0. Tried some negative numbers as well but didnt really seem to affect them.

xtremeterror
05-14-2004, 10:45 PM
Oh, nevermind then...

I only saw theses numbers when i was looking at a DB, never modified them, though..

Don't know, so :/

animepimp
05-15-2004, 05:40 AM
Well, it is possible to make a mob cast spells on themself. Perhaps if permaroot is not possible right now you could jsut tell them to cast a nondamaging root spell on themself every minute or so.

Charmy
05-15-2004, 05:56 AM
Cept if the point is to have a mob that doesn't move, or is on a leash type thing then the casting root wouldn't work because if you were to attack with a spell it would break the root. although i am not really sure what your purpose is so i could just be talking about nothing here. That didn't make any sense did it.....

sandy
05-15-2004, 06:21 AM
permaroot is not possible right now because if walkspeed and runspeed are at 0, eqemu changes it to 0.7/1.25
look in the constructor in mob.cpp
it is there =)

animepimp
05-15-2004, 08:10 AM
Well, then you could change the constructor to not changes from 0 to the defaults, but that would break a lot of mobs that are already 0. Perhaps change the constructor so that 0 still goes to the default, but anything that has a speed of -1 is set to 0?

sandy
05-15-2004, 03:23 PM
no =) worldbuilders should just update their database to set the default values instead of 0

update npc_types set walkspeed=0.7 where walkspeed=0
update npc_types set runspeed=1.25 where runspeed=0

something like this

xtremeterror
05-15-2004, 09:19 PM
Cept if the point is to have a mob that doesn't move, or is on a leash type thing then the casting root wouldn't work because if you were to attack with a spell it would break the root. although i am not really sure what your purpose is so i could just be talking about nothing here. That didn't make any sense did it.....

I think (although i only heard it...never been there myself, in fact) ssra lizards are perma rooted ? Maybe he wanted to do this kind of things.

t7x53
05-15-2004, 11:10 PM
thanks for the suggestions :)

there are quite a few things I wanted to do with permarooted mobs. Things like archers or just a lot of different mobs that cant move from their spawn in different situations :)

t7x53
05-15-2004, 11:16 PM
Also seeing what charmy posted reminded me about leashing. Any ideas on what would need to be added to create a limit on the distance a mob can move from its spawn, or how to implement it if its not already possible. Any ideas would be much appreciated :)

zarcath
05-16-2004, 03:34 PM
If you wanted to go the spell route, you could make a new spell that was a non-damaging root duration 24 hours and could not be dispelled.

I'm not sure on leashing, I think that has to do with the grids.

-Z

Charmy
05-16-2004, 07:32 PM
Depends on what type of leash, a leash like the emperor has at first, well sadly i have not a single clue how that works, but a leash like TT has when you fight her, (her leash is if you try to pull her out of her dome and she hits the archway she depops and repops witha full detrimental dispell, i.e. any bad spells on her (tash, slow etc) go bye bye) this type of leash could be done by making a simple perl script and using the EVENT_WAYPOINT sub to execute a depop and repop. i suppose a simliar thing could be used to leash like the emp has, but if i remember correctly and it has been a while since i killed emp, he actually appears to be on a leash like he is teatherd to a pole. so i am really unsure on how to accomplish this kind of leashing, but other than that, i was also thinking, and i am not sure if npc's are subject to encumberence or not, but you could just make an item called "the Rock" and make it weight 100000000000000000000000 pounds. but i don't know if npc's are subject to encumberence rules....

I would go with the 24 hour duration root that can't be dispelled, i was on my server today and i noticed that roots didn't break from nukes, they only broke based on the MR of the mob, some of the higher lvl mobs it would break faster and some lower level mobs, (with 15000000 hp just to test) the root didn't break for the full 3 mins while i was nuking the whole time. so i think your best bet would be to do the 24 hour root for now atleast, just add a few hundreded thousand posion counters to the spell effect and it shouldn't ever get cured or dispelled.

sandy
06-21-2004, 10:25 AM
permaroot i hope will be implemented in next DR
a npc with walkspeed = 0 and runspeed = 0 will be permarooted