PDA

View Full Version : Quest Helper Ver 0.7 + Launch tool

stormgod
04-22-2002, 04:01 PM
first of all sorry for all the version ;o)

anyway I will be away for a while soon so you will have to wait for a new version
(I will still watch the forum from time to time to see any bug report )

New features :
- options are save to registry
- Monitor tool : once configured in the options , it can launch the world server , 1 , 2 ,5 or 10 zone servers , EQw , Spell Editor
- Editor : open save save as qst files and basic copy cut paste function (notepad like )

To Do :
- Add some color to the keywords in the editor
- correct any reported bugs
- anything You ask that I can do

stormgod
04-23-2002, 07:42 AM
Little bug found in the launcher , You can launch only one zone from here , else it will zone multiples zones but with the same port number so world server will only see one zone and you will be disconnected when zoning , I will correct for the next release in two or three days

Catranis
04-26-2002, 04:26 PM
What do we put for the DSN user name? I tried the user names like eqemu and my MySQL user name.

stormgod
04-27-2002, 01:38 AM
you must install myodbc to get a dsn username , read the readme attached to this message

stormgod
04-27-2002, 03:05 AM
also I'm looking for someone to port the code to VB6 and/or VC++ , it would be really appreciated as some peoples cant seem to have it working under other OS than XP ,

I would really love if someone could do it , sources are documented inside , and only external reference is adodb.dll

If you want to do it just ask me if you need more info

Thanks !

Hardy
04-27-2002, 11:26 AM
Everytime I try to boot up the questhelper, i get an illegal operation and it has to close, I do have MyODBC driver version 3.51 and the .NET Framework, I downloaded them today. Do I just need to install them 2 and run it, or there something else I need to do?

stormgod
04-27-2002, 11:53 AM
should be all that is needed but I will port to another langage as it seems that this one is not really compatible with many systems