checkitem ( )
}

sub CheckItem
{
if($itemcount{18700} && $itemcount{18700} == 1) #Finsihed Class Combined Bag
{
quest::targlobal("NecroCMP","2","D5",$mobid,$charid,$zoneln);
quest::emote("Opens the bag and peers inside");
quest::say("Hmm looks like everthing is here, well i suppose your good enough to study the art of necromancy. Just tell me when you are [Ready] and I shall being your lessons");
}
}

NOTE: i left alot out of the quest its several hundred lines long so i am only posting the part that doesn't work.

if($NecroCMP == "2")
{
quest::say("So Be it.");
quest::delglobal("NecroCMP");
#<events happen here>
}
else
{
quest::say("How dare you ask to begin studying with me before you have completed my quest.");
}
}

My problem is this, when i hand in the item i get the text like i have finished but then i say "ready" and it goes to the else action, i get an error in zone.exe

error inserting necroCMP:DBcore::RunQuery: No Result

this i beleive is telling me its having a problem posting the value of "2" into the database, however i don't understand why. if you have any ideas on a fix for this, that would be great thanks in advanced.

KhaN
05-17-2004, 11:29 AM
I will add that, when we open DB, variable is created and value 2 is inserted.

*cry*

Charmy
05-17-2004, 11:30 AM
yak* didn't know this. bad error =(

Scorpious2k
05-17-2004, 11:38 AM
quest::targlobal("NecroCMP","2","D5",$mobid,$charid,$zoneln);

$zoneln?

don't you want the zone id number and not the long name here?

KhaN
05-17-2004, 11:52 AM
changed "zoneln" by "zoneid", now in DB, it return the zone ID.
But charid is at 0.

Charmy
05-17-2004, 12:05 PM
Yes i did mean the id, however i don't beleive it works yet =( but thanks for pointing that out, i am sure it would have been an issue later on.

KhaN
05-18-2004, 02:06 AM
All rows in tables are setup correctly, but variables still not working ... *cry*

Scorpious2k
05-18-2004, 04:48 AM
On the DB...

Is npcid correct? You said that charid=0... that's wrong, but shouldn't interfere (its still a problem)

and I have to ask... in npc_types, is qglobal=1 for the npc to receive the targlobal variable? and remember the server has to be restarted if you change qglobal (or anything else in npc_type) for it to work.

Charmy
05-18-2004, 06:04 AM
Hmm.. we will try this today, i didn't realize the npc_types table was defaulted to 0 for qglobal, Thanks for the info S2k=) going to go try it =).

KhaN
05-18-2004, 07:00 AM
Thanks Scorp for your help, it work :)
We changed $userid by $charid and changed qglobal to 1 (*doh*).
For informations, error XXX still show on zone box, but it work fine (Using 5.7DR3 15.05.04).