PDA

View Full Version : Where might I find a zone creator?

Mongoose
04-22-2002, 10:34 PM
I have been on other people's servers and have noticed they've made zones. How might I do this and if there is a program, where can I get it? Also, Quest helper does not work for me. Can you not run it on Win XP?

Sauron
04-22-2002, 10:54 PM
Not sure about the zone creation however the quest helper was programmed with VB.NET so you need the microsoft.net framework installed on your computer. Look the posts for verser .4 of the quest helper there is a link to the .NET Framework download. Also you can search on microsofts site for it.

_OZZY_
04-22-2002, 11:57 PM
XP is built on the .NET framework. No need to download it because it is integrated. I can run all servers and tools on XP no problem. There's something on your end that isn't quite right. Hope you find it.

_OZZY_
04-23-2002, 12:00 AM
By the way...you need to install MyODBC in order for the quest helper to work.

Mongoose
04-23-2002, 12:34 AM
Thanks, will look for MyODBC :D

TheClaus
04-23-2002, 01:59 AM
I am curious to what you mean by creating of their own zones. That is just not possible cause you would have to download the modified zone files to see any of the changes. Do you mean like different spawns in zones where there should be something else. Just curious.

Mongoose
04-23-2002, 02:17 AM
Check out Master Wraith's EQ Server. He has a zone called Becomuber with a dragon in it that when you hail it gives you level 100. The zone looks like big steps up to a moat that surrounds the dragon. I am also curious to how they make their own zones.

stormgod
04-23-2002, 02:19 AM
its not a new zone its the zone you see at the character loading ( the one where you see your character rotating)

Mongoose
04-23-2002, 02:29 AM
Ah, but I don't understand how they can make it look like different zones, example: Becomeuber on Wraith's server looks different then Levelme on Adult Oriented server. How can you make them look different?

stormgod
04-23-2002, 02:43 AM
I know one of those is the startup screen , the other one I never got in so I cant tell you , but there is no way to get "new" zones , the client only accept existing zones with maps he has

Mongoose
04-23-2002, 03:05 AM
I know one of those is a startup screen

You will have to simplify that for me. I'm trying to figure out still how he gets what you call a startup screen as a zone and makes it look like the way it looks. If I wanted a startup screen, how would I make it look different?

stormgod
04-23-2002, 03:35 AM
when I say stratup screen I want to talk about the levelme zone who actually is the zone where your char is loaded in when your at the character selection screen , where you see it rotating and moving , its a zone and its the same zone called levelme on eros server , for the other one it might be any other small zone you dont know of or something like that , there is a code in the client that prevent it from loading zones player mades so it can only be a renamed zone that's it

TheClaus
04-23-2002, 05:23 AM
HEHE You guys are making it harder than it really is. Basically in the database you can give the shortname of the zone file a Different Long Name. So if I wanted to make an alternate universe where DE rule West Freeport (zone long name) freportw (zone shortname) and they called it Aikon then in the db you would add a zone called freportw as shortname but Aikon as its Long name. Understand?

Lurker_005
04-23-2002, 06:03 AM
Regarding the "startup screens"

Yes these are existing zones, and there are either 2 zones or 2 seperate sections to the zone. Start a DarkElf and before you hit the emter world, pay attention to the scene behind your nes DE. Then start a HighElf and do the same thing. Note that they are different.

As mentioned, you can rename the zones. Thus #zone levelme instead of #zone load <- as in Drawde's database Drawde also put in #zone tutorial

ssfourgoku
04-23-2002, 07:11 AM
so how exactly would you make a npc give u 60 and all skills on the evil screen?

TheClaus
04-23-2002, 08:15 AM
Make a quest that when you hail the target it does a #level whatever. That is it.

Jartik
04-23-2002, 09:04 AM
Stormgod, you said earlier in this thread that you did not know how to get into the other part of the loading zone, i found out how on accident actually, just use #zone load, or #zone becomeuber or whatever, then once you get into the zone do the same command again, it will say Loading... Please wait then it will pop you into the other part of the zone, if you are tryin to get to the "good" section it will spawn you under the platform you rotate on, just use the #goto command to get on top :)

stormgod
04-23-2002, 09:22 AM
lol thanks for the info Jartik ;o)

Hmm
04-23-2002, 12:34 PM
thecalus youre actally a little bit wrong.

basically theres columin called "filename"

you just put in TheUber as shortname and put Load or cshome ( if you has it ) it will be a new zone named Theuber but uses the zone name you had put in "filename"

TheClaus
04-24-2002, 01:49 AM
Well I tried. I didn't have the exact format on hand with me here at work but for someone looking at it I am sure they would of eventually firgured it out. Thanks Hmm.

Maniac
05-10-2002, 06:01 AM
I noticed that tutorial was listed as a zone, some reason i crash everytime i try and zone there? Just wondering =P

zzaqfox
05-10-2002, 08:30 AM
see long time All Tell !
me too don't know how to make it !:confused:

in Game Re-Zone Name or use Admin Tool re-Zone Name ??

if in the game Re-Zone Name ! me need how to make it ??

Me use Admin Tool Re-Zone name get Err !
and Me re-setup DB 4 time !OMG ~

Can i get any Help ! plz ,.Thank all !

Windcatcher
05-10-2002, 10:39 AM
Are there any brave souls out there who want to try to make a Crystal Space app that talks to the emu? Then we could really make our own zones :)

The CS demos come with some sample zones, at least one animated human model, and lots of textures, so there would be at least some starting content...

WC

Lurker_005
05-10-2002, 02:02 PM
Ok, we want to make a new zone using befallen as the base (will look just like befallen, but be a seperate zone, and spawns)

The zone table fields are as follows:

short_name, file_name, long_name, safe_x, safe_y, safe_z, munimum_level, minimum_status

For the standard zones short_name is the same as the file_name, so file_name is left blank. Long_name is just that, a long descriptive name. You can figure out the rest, if in doubt, use the same values as the zone your basing things off of.

So if I want to make a zone named Lurker`s Cavern (short name= lurkercave) based off the befallen zone.

lurkercave, befallen, Lurker`s Cavern, -813, -205, 5, 50, 100

That makes a seperate zone from befallen named Lurker`s Cavern (#zone lurkercave) with safe point of -813, -205, 5 A minimum player level of 50, and minimum accout status of 100

I really don't know how to explain it any more straigh foward...

zzaqfox
05-10-2002, 04:59 PM
Wow ~

Lurker_005 you is Power man !

Thank you Lurker_005 Again !

I Love you ! :D

Teddy
05-12-2002, 10:28 PM
hehe, i kinda understood all of that.. but erm....

can someone draw me a picture.. i can give you the blank piece of paper and the crayon :p

i'd like to make a zone where someone can do quests and what not :)

:p

Teddy

Ironman
05-13-2002, 12:55 AM
Kinda like the Temple off of Lavastorm in EQ Live?

Lurker_005
05-13-2002, 08:45 AM
Just follow my example above to create a seperate zone with a new zone name.

Think of it this way:
your creating a new zone "short_name" the full title is "long_name" and it uses the model "file_name" to define the zone.

The key is to think of file_name as a model that can be used as many times as you want. But each use is independant from the rest.