PDA

View Full Version : Admin Tools and Worldbuilder - Questions

EmuSharky
04-24-2002, 04:24 AM
Questions about NPCS -

1. Can NPCs be set to walk around? (How).
2. Drop rates/ Items / Money - Percentage (How can I set it)?
3. Why is the Map black when I try to place an NPC on the coords?
It's VERY difficult to set NPCs in the correct spots with a Black box on the side.
4. NPCGroup Type - Whats this?
5. Multipule NPC pets (see Tabin's Picture in screenshots; how do I create this?)
6. Assinging Values to an NPC (How do I make them shopkeeper and assign what items they have?)

1. Worldbuilder - where do I find it?
2. How compatable is it with the zones ; or can I download someone's file who already has the zones setup?
3. Someone spoke of having characters in the room (or zone) that you see when you login your character (The room with all of the windows)
a) what file is this?
b) can I set this so that players can start in this zone?
c) If I cant do b, how can I get players into the zone.

===============
Thank you for your time.
-Sharky

stormgod
04-24-2002, 04:59 AM
ok first for the black map you need an older version of the admin tool with the maps included in

worldbuilder is not a program but its someone who is building a database ( drawde merkur ariak lurkeer meliduja etc...)

there is another thread talking about how to use the character select zones somewhere ( its still discussed so you should not have a hard time finding it )

NPC can walk around if you use the flocking code and the like from malevolent (eqemu 0.3.1.1-X)

dunno about the others questions hehe

Shin Noir
04-24-2002, 09:44 AM
1. "can NPCs be set to walk around? (How)."'
Originally posted by Sauron (clipped).. NPC AI Question
The NPCs are still have static position (unless they aggro on something.)...The DB has walk and run speeds in it...So is it just a bug that keeps moving NPCs from working[?]

Originally posted by Merkur no its not a bug, its missing code. ATM everybody is working on something else, but i'm sure we will get this in soon
two posts found at:EQ EMU > General > EQ Emu > NPC AI Question

2. Drop rates/ Items / Money - Percentage (How can I set it)?
These are set inside the database, there's a few ways to set it. I've seen people post about this topic a few times. The whole concept behind loot tables can easily be seen on the eqadmin clicking the appropiate tabs. I'm too lazy to go find the exact article since there's a few known ways I can think of.

3. Why is the Map black when I try to place an NPC on the coords? It's VERY difficult to set NPCs in the correct spots with a Black box on the side.
stormgod talked about this. I agree.

4. NPCGroup Type - Whats this?
NPCGroup Type? Hmm. If you're talking about the NPC Types tab in eqadmin, this lists all the NPC's inside your database and their pertaining information. This is useful especially for quests when you need their ID to assign them a quest. If you aren't talking about the NPC Types tab.. I'm not sure where you saw this.

5. Multipule NPC pets (see Tabin's Picture in screenshots; how do I create this?)
I'm not sure on how he did that, but I'm assuming since NPC pets are sorta bugged right now, a possible way would be to just #spawn Jobober race lvl (race being the pet model race #) then have them #npcattack your target for whatever reason you'd want a pet. (You need high access on a server to do these commands)

6. Assinging Values to an NPC (How do I make them shopkeeper and assign what items they have?)
All NPC Classes (yes, shopkeeper is a class) is found in the eqemu's README.txt. You can either #spawn the shopkeeper (more temporary use, just type #spawn for details) or tweak the DB. For items you would assign that in the CFG file (see EQNPC)

1. Worldbuilder - where do I find it?
As in a zone builder? I dont' think there's a zone builder out there as of yet. All people I have seen are using zones pre-created with EQ and just modifying their entities. You need to understand that to make a new zone you'd have to have all clients download the file.. Since there is no patcher with EQEMU there's no way to release a new zone unless you tell them to download it. (You'd just disconnect otherwise, like when people zone into #cshome) Or when you say Worldbuilder, do you mean something that modifies the world executable? You would edit the source code with some form of C editor (found on eqemu's homepage) Then you can totally build the world executable to whatever you want 8)

2. How compatable is it with the zones ; or can I download someone's file who already has the zones setup?
Now this can be taken two ways depending on how 1 was asked. If you mean a world builder, then my answer to 1 should tell you. If you are referring to the world executable, it is quite compatable with zone executable. Ask around, most people aren't too stingy about their custom code on EQemu.

3. Someone spoke of having characters in the room (or zone) that you see when you login your character (The room with all of the windows)
a) what file is this?
intro, tutorial, or default, I believe it's one of those words initially. Jump on a server and go #zone keyword, and say those 3 keywords, chances are you'll find yourself in that zone.

b) can I set this so that players can start in this zone?"
yes, you'd have to modify your database to do so.
get microsoft acess and edit the appropriate entry in your database would work. Which entry? Hmm, I'm too lazy to go look up, but it's in there somewhere if I recall right.

c) If I cant do b, how can I get players into the zone.
Numbered questions above originally posted by EmuSharky

Note that most of this was OPINION! not fact. If any of my answers are wrong, go ahead and correct me. I'm just a newbie anyways =P

Baron Sprite
04-24-2002, 05:53 PM
I believe you're looking for: "load" without the "s of course, duh :D

Mongoose
04-24-2002, 07:34 PM
There is also a zone called "tutorial"