PDA

View Full Version : Help with Perl script

nilar
06-22-2004, 07:45 PM
Can anyone tell me whats wrong with this script? The second sub Event_Say and the sub Event_Attack work but I can't get the first sub Event_say to work.

sub EVENT_SAY(){
if ($text=~/Hail/i){quest::say("Hello there $name. I am the Avatar of Anarchy. If you are wishing to turn to the dark side, I can call upon Cazic Thule to free you from the chains of order. This will convert you into a Player Killer who can kill and be killed by other Player Killers. Do you wish to [convert]?"); }
}
sub EVENT_SAY(){
if ($text=~/convert/i){quest::say("Very well then $name. Bring Anarchy upon this world!"); quest::pvp("on"); }
}
sub EVENT_ATTACK(){
quest::shout("FOOL! You have dug your own grave!");
}

red1234
06-22-2004, 08:25 PM
Both 'if' statements should be in one EVENT_SAY I believe.

Syntax looks right for the first 'if' statement, too.

KhaN
06-22-2004, 08:30 PM
sub EVENT_SAY
{
if ($text=~/Hail/i)
{
quest::say("Hello there $name. I am the Avatar of Anarchy. If you are wishing to turn to the dark side, I can call upon Cazic Thule to free you from the chains of order. This will convert you into a Player Killer who can kill and be killed by other Player Killers. Do you wish to [convert]?");
}
if ($text=~/convert/i)
{
quest::say("Very well then $name. Bring Anarchy upon this world!");
quest::pvp("on");
}
}
sub EVENT_ATTACK
{
quest::shout("FOOL! You have dug your own grave!");
}

animepimp
06-23-2004, 01:03 AM
You're not allowed to have two subs with the same name. The program is reaching that second one, finding an error and quiting.

nilar
06-23-2004, 05:47 AM
Ah alright I've been using QST which allowed more than one Event_Say. Thanks guys