PDA

View Full Version : bard epic quest

x-scythe
06-26-2004, 06:28 AM
for anyone who wants/needs this for any reason this is the bard epic quest. ill prolly make the other class epics one at a time seeing as they are long :)
there may be a few errors but for the most part should be error free.

MAIN
this part is the main person who acctually starts the epic and gives it to you:

#zone start - Dreadlands
#type - epic
#class - Bard
#mob - Baldric Slezaf

sub EVENT_SAY
{
if($text=~/Hail, $mname/i)
{
quest::say("Hello. Don't you think this would be a wonderful place to perform a [symphony]?");
}
if($text=~/what symphony/i)
{
quest::say("It has been my dream for years to perform a symphony that would be remembered for ages to come. I have run into a few minor [snags], however.");
}
if($text=~/what snags/i)
{
quest::say("Several years ago I bought sheets of the most beautiful sounding music from a traveling merchant. He did not know the author of the work as it was simply signed 'the Maestro'. The melody I played from them was wondrous and invoked feelings in me I have never felt before. However, as I reached the middle of the music, I discovered it was missing two [pages]!");
}
if($text=~/what pages/i)
{
quest::say("The pages that were missing were pages 24 and 25. I have been searching the world for a spot to hold my symphony and I have finally found it. Without the music and a new lute crafted by the famous instrument maker [Forpar Fizfla], I do not think I can pull it off.");
}
if($text=~/who is forpar fizfla/i)
{
quest::say("Forpar Fizfla is an eccentric instrument maker from Ak'Anon. He makes enchanted instruments that enhance the sound of the music. If I am to perform the concert of all concerts, I must have one of his instruments. I went to Ak'Anon, seeking to purchase an instrument from him but he wouldn't even speak to me.");
}
if($text=~/what music/i)
{
quest::say("It makes me sad to know that the pages of this music may be spread across the world or destroyed. If you find and bring me the two missing sheets as well as a new lute, I would be happy to repay you in some way.");
}
if($text=~/how will you repay me/i)
{
quest::emote("pulls a fantastic looking sword from its scabbard");
quest::say("I might be willing to part with this wonderful sword if I were able to perform this symphony. You would also gain recognition at the opening of the symphony.");
quest::emote("sheathes his sword and begins to hum a haunting melody");
}
}

sub EVENT_ITEM
{
if($itemcount{20383} && $itemcount{20376} && $itemcount{20377} && $itemcount{20538} == 1)
{
quest::say("Oh my! Is that...you reunited the lost pages of Maestro's Symphony! And you had a lute built by Forpar! I will gladly hand over this fine sword for these items!");
quest::summonitem(20542);
}
}

this is the race to get Page 24 (top)
you have to run a race across Antonica
start/end of race:

#part of bard epic quest
#its a race across Norrath, 4 npcs total
#this is the start and end of the race
#npc - Konia Swiftfoot
#zone - West Karana

sub EVENT_SAY
{
{
quest::say("Why hello there $name! What brings you out to the Western Plains of Karana?");
}
if($text=~/i am looking for a page/i)
{
quest::say("Ah, well I have both the top and bottom of an old symphony written by a long dead maestro, but I could never part with it easily. It's been in my family for ages. However, if you take part in a [race] I might hand it over the top part to ye.");
}
if($text=~/what race/i)
{
quest::say("It is a race across Antonica! It will take you to three different areas of Antonica. Will you participate?");
}
if($text=~/no/i)
{
quest::say("Farewell then.");
}
if($text=~/yes/i)
{
quest::say("Very good! Take this torch and run to Misty Thicket and give the torch to Fajio Knejo. Then follow his instructions on what to do with the next torch. Farewell!");
quest::summonitem(60184);
}
}

sub EVENT_ITEM
{
if($itemcount{19805} == 1)
{
quest::say("Welcome back! I see you completed the race without cheating. As I told you, I will give you the top part of the symphony. Are you also interested in the bottom?");
quest::summonitem(20376);
}
}

part 2 of race:

#2nd part to the race
#part of bard epic
#npc - Fajio Knejo
#zone - Misty Thicket

sub EVENT_ITEM
{
if($itemcount{60184} == 1)
{
quest::say("Here is your second torch. Take it to Andad Filla in the Southern Desert of Ro. Be swift!");
quest::summonitem(13002);
}
}

part 3 of race:

#3rd part of race
#part of bard epic
#npc - Andad Filla
#zone - South Ro

sub EVENT_ITEM
{
if($itemcount{13002} == 1)
{
quest::say("Here is your next torch, take it to Misty Tekchita in Lake Rathetear.");
quest::summonitem(16546);
}
}

part 4 of race:

#4th part of race
#part of bard epic
#npc - Misty Tekchita
#zone - Lake Rathe

sub EVENT_ITEM
{
if($itemcount{16546} == 1)
{
quest::say("Well done. Return to Konia in the Western Karana with this ring.");
quest::summonitem(19805);
}
}

this part is for Page 24 (bottom):
start of quest:
you have to get Mahlin's Bongos for her

#part of bard epic
#for the bottom of page 24
#npc - Konia Swiftfoot
#zone - Western Karana

sub EVENT_SAY
{
if($text=~/i am interested in the bottom/i)
{
quest::say("It will not be as easy to get the bottom as it was the top. I want Mahlin's Mystical Bongos. Braenar Swiftsong has these and I have wanted them forever. Get them for me and I will give you the bottom piece.");
}
}

sub EVENT_ITEM
{
if($itemcount{20366} == 1)
{
quest::say("Oh my! You acctually got them for me! Here, take the page.");
quest::summonitem(20383);
}
}

Next part - Talk to Baenar

#part of bard epic
#started by Konia Swiftfoot for the bottom of page 24
#npc - Baenar Swiftsong
#zone - South Karana

sub EVENT_SAY
{
if($text=~/hail, $mname/i)
{
quest::say("Awww, I wish I could have gotten Serra her doll...it was a fine doll sold only by a gnome named Marfen in Solusek's Eye...I will give you Mahlin's Mystical Bongo's if you get the doll and give it to Serra for me. Go to Marfen and give him this invoice.");
quest::summonitem(20372);
}
}

sub EVENT_ITEM
{
if($itemcount{20371} == 1)
{
quest::emote("yells furiously");
quest::say("Damn that Maligar! Find him in Western Karana and give him this note and bring me his head if you have to!");
quest::summonitem(20368);
}
if($itemcount{20367} == 1)
{
quest::say("He got what he deserves. I thank you for doing this for me. I will give you these as a token of my gratitude.");
quest::summonitem(20366);
}
}

next part - Talk to Marfen

#part of bard epic
#to get the doll for Serra
#npc - Marfen
#zone - Solusek A

sub EVENT_ITEM
{
if($itemcount{20372} == 1)
{
quest::say("Awww, finally. Here is the doll Baenar wanted.");
quest::summonitem(20370);
}
}

next part - Give doll to Serra

#part of bard epic
#give doll to serra
#npc - Serra
#zone - Unrest

sub EVENT_ITEM
{
if($itemcount{20370} == 1)
{
quest::say("The doll Baenar promised to get me! If you know Baenar please give this to him.");
quest::summonitem(20371);
}
}

This part is where you give the note to Maligar

#part of bard epic
#portion started by Konia
#npc - Maligar
#zone - West Karana

sub EVENT_ITEM
{
if($itemcount{20368} == 1)
{
quest::say("So your from that fool Baenar eh? You will die!");
quest::attack("$name");
}
}

this section is getting page 25 (simple lol)
just have to talk to Kelkin Mekia and get the items they require

#part of bard epic
#page 25
#npc - Kelkin Mekia
#zone - South Karana

sub EVENT_SAY
{
{
quest::say("Well met $name. What can I help ya with?");
}
if($text=~/the symphony page 25/i)
{
quest::say("Yes, I have that. If you want it, it will not come to you easily. I will need you to get me a Chromodrac Gut, a Red Wurm Gut, and an Onyx Drake Gut. Give those to me and i'll give you the page.");
}
}

sub EVENT_ITEM
{
if($itemcount{20527} && $itemcount{20528} && $itemcount{20529} == 1)
{
quest::say("So you got my items eh? Well...here you go.");
quest::summonitem(20377);
}
}

this section is assembling the Mystical Lute
you first have to talk to a half elf bard in Butcherblock to get a note to give to Forpar so he will talk to you

#part of bard epic
#part of mystical lute
#npc - Vedico
#zone - Butcherblock

sub EVENT_SAY
{
{
quest::say("Greetings $name. Can you believe, I had a great horn, but on the crossing over here from Freeport a cyclops stole it from me! I would give anything to get it back.");
}
}

sub EVENT_ITEM
{
if($itemcount{20530} == 1)
{
quest::say("My horn! Thank you for retrieving it for me! Here, take this request for Forpar Fizfla to create a great lute for you.");
quest::summonitem(20378);
}
}

you then go to Forpar with the note and begin assembling the lute

#part of bard epic
#mystical lute
#npc - Forpar Fizfla
#zone - Steamfont

sub EVENT_SAY
{
{
quest::say("What do you want? Go away.");
}
}

sub EVENT_ITEM
{
if($itemcount{20378} == 1)
{
quest::say("Aww, so you want a lute eh? Well it won't be easy. I will need to craft the [head], [body], and [strings] seperately.");
}
if($text=~/what head/i)
{
quest::say("To craft the head of the lute I will need the Backbone of and Ancient Fisherman, an Amalgam Tentacle, and the Petrified Skull of a Lycanthrope. Oh, and also take this note and give it back to me when you turn in these components.");
quest::summonitem(20380);
}
if($text=~/what body/i)
{
quest::say("To craft the body I will need a Red Dragon Scale, a White Dragon Scale, and some metal bits. Give me these components and I will be able to craft the body of the lute.");
}
if($text=~/what strings/i)
{
quest::say("Retrieve the strings of Trakanon in Sebilis. They are called Undead Dragongut Strings.");
}
}

sub EVENT_ITEM
{
if($itemcount{20380} && $itemcount{20524} && $itemcount{xx} && $itemcount{29161} == 1)
{
quest::say("Well done! Well done! Just a sec, let me craft the head of the lute.");
quest::emote("fiddles with his tools and hands you the head.");
quest::summonitem(20535);
}
if($itemcount{11602} && $itemcount{11622} && $itemcount{16905} == 1)
{
quest::say("Very well done! I am surprised you were able to get the scales! Let me craft your body.");
quest::emote("fiddles with his tools a moment and returns with the body of the lute");
quest::summonitem(20536);
}
if($itemcount{20536} && $itemcount{20535} && $itemcount{20526} == 1)
{
quest::say("Well done indeed! You have gotten everything I need to craft a great lute indeed!");
quest::emote("grabs his tools and puts the finishing touches on the lute.");
quest::say("Aye, it is a fine lute. A Mystical Lute. Enjoy it!");
quest::summonitem(20538);
}
}

this script is for the undead bard. you have to give him the body of the lute and he will give it back and become enraged and attack you. you have to kill him to make trakanon spawn to get the gut strings

#part of bard epic
#mystical lute
#npc - an Undead Bard
#zone - Sebilis

sub EVENT_ITEM
{
if($itemcount{20536} == 1)
{
quest::summonitem(20536);
quest::emote("becomes enraged!");
}
}

sub EVENT_DEATH
{
quest:spawn(dragon, 0, 0, x,y,z);
}

^didnt have access to a DB so didnt know the spawn info for trak

thats it
feel free to leave comments or make corrections

Xabob
06-27-2004, 11:54 AM
Muhahahahha nice work man

sotonin
07-09-2004, 03:41 AM
You rock man.

Well. trakanon isnt in any of the actual databases right now. although we at projecteq HAVE collected him now. just not in a official release. We have NOT collected undead bard yet. working on it.

I dont think you can use the actual trakanon spawn though. because this is different from the normal trakanon as he drops the guts every time. real trak never drops the guts in eqlive anymore.

x-scythe
07-09-2004, 09:30 AM
thanks for the compliment :)
ya, you have to kill the undead bard in order to get the trak that drops the guts to spawn

sotonin
08-03-2004, 04:38 PM
FYI: This epic is riddled with incorrect or made up text responses. I't s a good starting point. But i'm compiling a complete true to live version.

This is just from writing up about 5 different npcs involved in this quest that i noticed the huge amount of text that didn't exist in the live quest. ) You dummied it up and tell the player where to go next, as opposed to eq's subtle hints

x-scythe
08-03-2004, 07:20 PM
ya i know, alakazahm is very incomplete and i searched various other sites but didnt find what i was looking for :? did my best to add text in the areas that were missing until i could find the right text (which i still haven't found).

Richardo
08-06-2004, 11:39 AM
Very Sweet imo :)