PDA

View Full Version : The road to the Celestial Fists (Monk Epic)

Sensu-Bean
07-21-2004, 04:25 PM
The road to the Celestial Fists (Monk Epic)

This is my attempt in scripting out the monk epic in perl. I am giving this to everyone to use as a rough draft. It is missing faction/xp hits, and some advanced perl needs to be inserted for this to work exactly as Eqlive.

Updates

* 08-16-04 Fixed spelling errors
* 08-23-04 Added Qeynos Headband Quests

Part 1 - Freeport White & Yellow Sash of Order

#Zone - West Freeport
#Type - Quest
#Class - Monk
#mob - Velan Torresk

sub EVENT_SAY
{
if($text=~/Hail,$mname/i)
{
quest::say("Greetings, $name ! I am Velan Torresk of the Ashen Order. I am in charge of training the newest members of our clan, and helping them advance their skills and rank. When members perform certain tasks on behalf of the Order, they advance to a higher rank in our clan, and are awarded a special [sash].");
}
if($text=~/What sash?/i)
{
quest::say("The Sashes of Order are given out by the various trainers of our clan. I give out the [white training sash] and the [yellow sash of order], and [Reyia] is in charge of the orange and red sashes.");
}
if($text=~/What white training sash?/i)
{
quest::say("The white training sash of the Ashen Order is awarded to our new members for completing a few simple tasks to prove their devotion to our clan. As you know, Freeport is a very hostile place, under constant attack from orcs, wild beasts, and even the undead. To help keep this city and its citizens relatively safe, we mus help the Militia protect the main gates. Bring me two deathfist pawn scalps, a snake fang, and a bone chip. Good luck, $name , represent us well!");
}
if($text=~/Who is Reyia?/i)
{
quest::say("Reyia is standing outside the Ashen Order. She will instruct you in completing the orange and red sashes");
}
if($text=~/What yellow sash?/i)
{
quest::say("To earn the yellow sash, you must prove yourself to be very skilled in the art of fighting. The lands to the west and south of Freeport are filled with dangerous beasts that often prey upon innocent travelers. Help protect our merchant caravans and traveling citizens, while at the same time practicing your defensive skills, and eliminating these deadly creatures from the surrounding landscape. Bring me a giant snake rattle, a deathfist slashed belt, a desert tarantula chitin, and turn in your white training sash, and I shall reward your noble work with our yellow sash of order. Good luck, $name !");
}
}

sub EVENT_ITEM
{
if($itemcount{13794} && $itemcount{13794} && $itemcount{13067} && $itemcount{13073} == 1)
{
quest::say("Good work, $name , you have worked hard and proven yourself a valuable addition to the Ashen Order. Here is your white training sash, wear it with pride");
quest::summonitem(10130);
}
}

sub EVENT_ITEM
{
if($itemcount{13916} && $itemcount{13058} && $itemcount{20901} && $itemcount{10130} == 1)
{
quest::say("Good work, $name , you have worked hard and proven yourself a valuable addition to the Ashen Order. Here is your yellow sash of order, wear it with pride");
quest::summonitem(10131);
}
}

Part 2 - Freeport Orange & Red Sash of Order

#Zone - West Freeport
#Type - Quest
#Class - Monk
#Mob - Reyia Beslin

sub EVENT_SAY
{
{
quest::say("Greetings, $name . I am Reyia Beslin of the Ashen Order. I help train our members and I am in charge of handing out the orange and red sashes of order. Would you like to know [how you can get an orange sash]? Or maybe you think you are ready to earn the [red sash]?");
}
if($text=~/How can I get an orange sash?/i)
{
quest::say("To prove your skills and earn the orange sash of order, you must bring me the following items, a greater lightstone, a cutthroat insignia ring, a legionnaires bracer, and of course, your yellow sash. I will leave it to you to figure out exactly where to get these items. Good luck, $name .");
}
if($text=~/I am ready to earn the red sash/i)
{
quest::say("So, you think you are skilled enough to earn the red sash of order, $name ? I have just the [task] for you then. But be warned, this will be the toughest challenge you have faced yet. There are many legends and myths of great heroes and ancient evils from all over Norrath. Here in Freeport, we get travelers from all over the world, and we get their tales as well. The point is that most of these stories are just that, stories and fairy tales. Told to amuse people and frighten children. I also thought the tales I heard about the [Marnek Jaull] were only legends, but now I know better.");
}
if($text=~/Who is Marnek Jaull?/i")
{
quest::say("Marnek Jaull led a cult of necromancers who followed the Burning Prince, Solusek Ro. He built an army, known as the Burniing Dead, and spread destruction and fire throughout Antonica. Over the years, the Burning Dead fought many fierce and bloody battles with the paladins of Prexus, the Oceanlord. Though Marnek achieved many victories over the paladins, ultimately they were able to defeat him and destroy the Burning Dead. Legends say that before his defeat, Marnek created many powerful weapons and items, and wrote many books on his findings in the areas of magic. Many of these items were hidden away from the paladin forcer, and remain untouched, waiting for Marneks return, as the legends go.");
}
if($text=~/What task?/i)
{
quest::say("Ive heard a few legends of a powerful wand that Marnek himself used to wield. This was know as the wand of the Burning Dead, and was rumored to instill its owner in mystical energies. The legends I have heard all differed on the wands creation and powers, but the basic story was always the same. I will [tell you the legend] if you like. The task I have for you is to bring me the two parts that make up the wand of the Burning Dead, before they can be assembled and used for evil once again. Bring me Marneks wand and the Sapphire of Souls, along with your orange sash, and you will have proven yourself a loyal member of the Ashen Order, worthy of recieving the red sash.");
}
if($text=~/I would like you to tell me the legend/i)
{
quest::say("The legend of the wand of the Burning Dead goes basically like this, though you may hear slighty different versions from others. Marnek did a lot of experiments and created an unknown number of diabolical artifacts and weapons. One of his creations was this wand. Marnek fashioned a charred wand from the scorched bone of a paladin of Prexus, and Solusek Ro himself created the wretched Sapphire of Souls. Then, Marnek and his priests combined these, with the Burning Prince's blessing, to create the wand of the Burning Dead. Marnek used this Wand and its powers in his evil and destructive reign over Antonica. Years later, as Marnek starting losing battles to the paladins of Prexus, one of his own followers, a necromancer named Kenox, was able to steal the wand. Sensing Marnek's defeat, Kenox made his way toward Odus, hoping to strike a deal with the paladins for the wand. Would you like me to [tell you about Kenox]?");
}
if($text=~/I would like you to tell me about Kenox/i)
{
quest::say("Well, Kenox was not as sly as he liked to think he was. Marnek knew full well what he was up to, but let him continue with his plans. Kenox had arranged to meet with two paladins late one nght on a small island in Erud's Crossing, a place that would be considered neutral ground. Sir Toran Neshal, leader of the paladins, knowing the power of the wand, was certainly not going to make any deals with a servant of Solusek Ro, and definitely not foolish enough to take any chances with this mission. Imagine the look on Kenox's face when a ship carrying more than 25 paladins, including Sir Toran, arrived at the small island! The paladins immediately captured Kenox and the wand, and headed back to Erudin. Would like me to [tell you what happened to Toran]?");
}
if($text=~/What happened to Toran?/i)
{
quest::say"Below the deck of the ship, Toran and his men questioned Kenox and carefully inspected the wand. Toran ordered one of his men to pick up the wand and try to identify its true powers. The man picked up the wand, but was unable to decipher its magic. He handed it to Toran, just as Marnek and Solusek had hoped, and the wand exploded, instantly incinerating the ship and everyone aboard, and lighting up the night sky with a giant fireball. Marnek's plan had succeeded. With the help and blessing of the Burning Prince, they had destroyed Sir Toran and an entire squad of Prexus' finest paladins. Years later, though, the paladins were able to regroup and ultimately defeat Marnek. The wand of the Burning Dead was destroyed and gone forever. Or least, that's what we thought. This wand must never be allowed to be made whole again.");
}
}

sub EVENT_ITEM
{
if($itemcount{10400} && $itemcount{1903} && $itemcount{2299} && $itemcount{10131} == 1)
{
quest::say("You have proven yourself a mighty warrior. I am honored to present you, $name , with the orange sash of order");
quest::summonitem(10132);
}
}

sub EVENT_ITEM
{
if($itemcount{13237} && $itemcount{13238} && $itemcount{10132} == 1)
{
quest::say("Good job, $name ! Congratulations. With the destruction of these evil items, the wand of the Burning Dead will never bring harm to anyone in Norrath again. It is my honor to present to you, on behalf of Master Closk and the Ashen Order, the red sash. May Quellious be with you always");
quest::summonitem(10133);
}
}

Sensu-Bean
07-21-2004, 04:31 PM
Part 3 - Qeynos White, Yellow, & Orange Headbands

#Zone - North Qeynos
#Type - Quest
#Class - Monk
#Mob - Phin Esrinap

sub EVENT_SAY
{
if ($text=~/Hail/i)
{
quest::say("Hello, my name is Phin. Practice, practice, practice.. That's my motto. It is my responsibility to train our members, and help them to advance their skills and abilities. I also reward our members with colored [Headbands] for completing certain tasks.");
}
if ($text=~/What Headbands/i)
{
quest::say("Yes, I give the White, Yellow, and Orange Headbands to our newer members, and Togahn gives out Red, Purple, and Blue Headbands to our elder members.");
}
if ($text=~/what white headband/i)
{
quest::say("That is our training headband.. Beginning students can earn this by slaying four [gnoll] pups, and bringing their scalps back to me.");
}
if ($text=~/what gnoll pups/i)
{
quest::say("Those vile creatures are constantly attacking our city.. and often killing innocent citizens. It is our duty to help defend Qeynos from their vicious raids.");
}
if ($text=~/what yellow headband/i)
{
quest::say("This is awarded to our students for helping clear out the evil that inhabits the old ruins of the Qeynos Hills. Just bring me back three putrid rib bones as proof of your good deeds and turn in your training headband, and then I will give you the yellow headband.");
}
if ($text=~/what orange headband/i)
{
quest::say("This is a difficult award to obtain. The city of Qeynos is, as you know, under constant attack by the gnolls of Blackburrow. The Silent Fist Clan rewards its members who venture deep into this gnoll stronghold and bring swift justice to these vile creatures. Please return two Blackburrow gnoll pelts - make sure they aren't ruined - and a Blackburrow gnoll skin as proof of your noble actions. Also, turn in your yellow headband, and then I shall give you the orange one. Good luck.");
}
}

sub EVENT_ITEM
{
if ($itemcount{13789} == 4)
{
quest::say("Good job, $name, keep up the good work! Here is your white training headband. Wear it with honor, and make Lu'Sun proud.");
quest::summonitem("10110");
}
}

sub EVENT_ITEM
{
if ($itemcount{13722} == 3 && $itemcount{10110} == 1)
{
quest::say("Good work.. and, as promised, here is your reward. It is an honor to present this yellow headband to $name, for recent acts of courage and heroism, on behalf of the Silent Fist Clan.");
quest::summonitem("10111");
}
}

sub EVENT_ITEM
{
if ($itemcount{13027} == 2 && $itemcount{13028} == 1 && $itemcount{10111} == 1)
{
quest::say("It is an honor to present the orange headband of the Silent Fist Clan to one of our finest members, $name the mighty!");
quest::summonitem("10112");
}
}

Part 4 - Qeynos Red & Purple headbands

#Zone - North Qeynos
#Type - Quest
#Class - Monk
#Mob - Togahn Sorast

sub EVENT_SAY
{
if ($text=~/Hail/i)
{
quest::say("Greetings.. I am Second Master Togahn Sorast. I am here to teach the ways of our guild. For our more advanced members, I will give out [headbands] as a reward for their contribution to the clan.");
}
if ($text=~/What headbands/i)
{
quest::say("The Silent Fist Clan gives out colored Headbands for various deeds completed by our students. Phin gives out the White, Yellow, and Orange Headbands.. and I give out the Red, Purple, and Blue Headbands.");
}
if ($text=~/What red headbands/i)
{
quest::say("Ah, you think you are skilled enough to earn the red headband of the Silent Fist Clan, $name ? Hmmm.. Well, if you can help us find [Brother Dareb], you would certainly deserve the honor of wearing the red headband.");
}
if ($text=~/Who is brother dareb/i)
{
quest::say("Yes, brother Dareb was last heard from over two weeks ago. He was out in the Plains of South Karana, and then just disappeared. We fear that those vile gnolls fleeing Splitpaw may have captured him or worse. We sent brother Shen to go search the Karanas and look for Dareb over three days ago, but haven't heard from him, either. I fear the worst for both of them, especially if the [Splitpaws] are involved. Please, $name , find and return our lost brothers to us. If they are not alive, bring back their remains so we may give them a proper burial.. and, if it is that evil [Ghanex Drah]'s doing, bring me his head as well, for the honor of the clan. You do this for us, $name , and turn in your orange headband, and I will reward you with the red headband of the Silent Fist. Good luck.");
}
if ($text=~/What splitpaws/i)
{
quest::say("The Splitpaws were a large clan of gnolls that lived in a burrow out in South Karana, They have recently been ousted from their home by a new clan of gnolls that are very powerful. We try to stay away from them if we can, for we do not know much about this new breed. The Splitpaws are on the move and now is the only time to strike. If we wait too long, there will be no way to find our brother. Go now my friend, we haven't much time.");
}
if ($text=~/What Ghanex Drah/i)
{
quest::say("Ghanex Drah is ruler of the now fleeing gnolls of Splitpaw. I've heard rumors that he has been dabbling in the dark art of necromancy. Ghanex is looking for more test subjects, no doubt to rebuild his stronghold. The good people of Antonica must put an end to his evil reign soon, or I fear he could grow much more powerful.");
}
if ($text=~/What purple headband/i)
{
quest::say("Ah, you think you are now skilled enough to deserve the purple headband of the Silent Fist Clan? Very well, $name, I have a task for you that will prove whether or not you are worthy of this honor. I have heard recent rumors of ancient evils surfacing once again throughout Antonica. These evil groups have discovered some items that are giving them mystical and dangerous powers. These items must be destroyed, or else the evils of Norrath may gain control of the world's future. Bring me these [evil items], and turn in your red headband, and you will have proven yourself a mighty spirit and dedicated member of the Silent Fist.");
}
if ($text=~/What evil items/i)
{
quest::say("These evil creations have been found all over Antonica, and no one knows, or at least no one admits to knowing, where exactly they were found, but we do know that they are currently in the wrong hands and must be destroyed. Please, $name, seek out the [Skull of Jhen'Tra], the [Dagger of Marnek], and the [Coronet of Buried Blood], and bring them to me.");
}
if ($text=~/Skull of Jhen'Tra/i)
{
quest::say("I don't know much about the Skull of Jhen'Tra. I've heard that it has resurfaced in the gnoll burial grounds of Lake Rathetear. Apparently, this skull is helping to give these gnolls the power to raise an undead army of their fallen ancestors. This evil must be stopped before their army becomes too powerful.");
}
if ($text=~/Dagger of Marnek/i)
{
quest::say("The Dagger of Marnek is a diabolical weapon created by the ancient necromancer Marnek Jaull. Marnek was the leader of a small cult of necromancers who worshipped Solusek Ro. Marnek used this dagger in his ceremonial sacrifices to the Burning Prince, to increase his own power and show his loyalty to his god. His cult grew stronger and word of the evil acts spread all over Antonica. Legend has it that a group of paladins from Erudin, followers of Prexus, spent over 10 years searching out Marnek and his followers, and finally destroyed them. Though Marnek's evil reign was put to an end, many of his books and items are still being uncovered to this day. The Dagger of Marnek is now being used by the evil inhabitants who control the depths of Befallen. Bring this dagger to me, so that we may dispose of it and banish its evil powers forever.");
}
if ($text=~/Coronet of Buried Blood/i)
{
quest::say("The Coronet of Buried Blood is an ancient headdress which is said to have belonged to the High Priest of the Plexant Temple. The Plexant were known to be devout followers of Innoruuk and the coronet is supposed to have been blessed by the Prince of Hate himself. Apparently, the coronet is now in the hands of a clan of goblins that dwell in the caverns of Permafrost.");
}
if ($text=~/What blue headband/i)
{
quest::say("Sorry, we are currently out of blue headbands. Please check back later.");
}
if ($text=~/What black headband/i)
{
quest::say("The black headband is one of the highest honors of our guild.. [Lu'Sun] only gives those out for great acts of heroism and devotion to the clan.");
}
if ($text=~/Who is Lu'Sun/i)
{
quest::say("Ahhh, Lu'Sun is a master of many skills. He has traveled all of Norrath, studying various techniques and disciplines. Now, he runs this small guild and passes on his knowledge to those willing to devote their lives to our cause."); }
}
}

sub EVENT_DEATH
{
{
quest::summonitem("10115");
}
}

sub EVENT_ITEM
{
if ($itemcount{13166} == 1 && $itemcount{13167} == 1 && $itemcount{13165} == 1 && $itemcount{10112} == 1)
{
quest::say("We are deeply honored to have such great warrior as part of our Clan. With a proper burial, Shen and Dareb's souls will finally be at peace, and with the death of that vile Ghanex, the plains will be much safer for travelers. It is a great honor to present you, $name, with the red headband of the Silent Fist Clan.");
quest::summonitem("10113");
}
}

sub EVENT_ITEM
{
if ($itemcount{13168} == 1 && $itemcount{13169} == 1 && $itemcount{3000} == 1 && $itemcount{10113} == 1)
{
quest::say("In honor of your recent acts of courage and dedication, I reward you, $name, with the purple headband of the Silent Fist Clan.");
quest::summonitem("10114");
}
}

Sensu-Bean
07-21-2004, 04:37 PM
Part 5 - Robe of the Lost Circle

#Zone - South Karana
#Type - Quest
#Class - Monk
#mob - Brother Qwinn

sub EVENT_SAY
{
{
quest::say("In the name of the [Brotherhood of the Lost Circle] I greet you.");
}
if($text=~/What is the Brotherhood of the Lost Circle?/i)
{
quest::say("The Monks of the Whistling Fist are called the Lost Circle by others. We are an ancient league of monks. Long forgotten and few remaining. Within this realm there are only two. I and [Brother Zephyl]. We seek the items stolen from us. I seek the [Code of Zan Fi].");
}
if($text=~/Who is Brother Zephyl?/i)
{
quest::say("Brother Zephyl is a member of the Lost Circle. He can be found in Rathe Mountains, and is also seeking items stolen from us.");
}

if($text=~/What is the Code of Zan Fi?/i)
{
quest::say("The tome called the Code of the Whistling Fist has been stolen from me. It contains many secrets pertaining to our brotherhood. Thankfully it is magically locked and only a Zan Fi master could unlock it. I quest for a monk to retrieve it. Would you be an [interested monk]?");
}
if($text=~/I am an interested monk/i)
{
quest::say("Then venture into the depths beyond the great Solusek Mining Company. There, living among the Kobolds, will be Targin the Rock. Get the book from him and return here and wait for my reappearance. When we meet again you shall hand me the book and a Purple Headband earned from the Silent Fist Clan. Do so and you shall be closer to joining the brotherhood.");
}
}

sub EVENT_ITEM
{
if($itemcount{12316} && $itemcount{10114} == 1)
{
quest::say("We had an agreement. The proof of a skilled monk, the Purple Headband, and the Code of the Whistling Fist.");
quest::summonitem(12314);
quest::say("We thank you for the Code of the Whistling Fist. Take this sewing needle. You shall find it useful should you aid [Brother Zephyl] in his quest. His item, the needle, a swatch of shadow silk and a scroll containing Jonathans Whistling Warsong. Into a sewing kit they will be going. And into the brotherhood will you.");
}
}

next

#Zone - Rathe Mountains
#Type - Quest
#Class - Monk
#Mob - Brother Zephyl

sub EVENT_SAY
{
if($text=~/Hail, $mname/i)
{
quest::say("Greetings. I am one with the [lost circle]. You have found me. What is it you desire?");
}
if($text=~/What lost circle?/i)
{
quest::say("The monks of the whistling fist are called the lost circle by others. We are an ancient league of monks. Long forgotten and few remaining. Within this realm there are only two. I and [Brother Qwinn]. We seek items stolen from us. I seek the [Idol of Zan Fi].");
}
if($text=~/Who is Brother Qwinn?/i)
{
quest::say("Brother Qwinn is a member of the Lost Circle. He can be found in South Karana, and is also seeking items stolen from us.");
}
if($text=~/What is the Idol of Zan Fi?/i)
{
quest::say("The Idol of Zan Fi is a sacred totem to our brotherhood. I cannot share its secrets, but I can offer to you a reward for its return. Are you an [interested monk]?");
}
if($text=~/I am an interested monk/i)
{
quest::say("Then venture to the lands of evil. The swamps of Trolls and Ogres, there will seek a monk called Raster. He has the idol. You will return here and wait for my reappearance. When we meet again you shall hand me the Idol of Zan Fi, and a Red Sash earned from the Ashen Order. Do so and you shall be closer to joining the brotherhood.");
}
}

sub EVENT_ITEM
{
if($itemcount{12317} && $itemcount{10133} == 1)
{
quest::say("We had an agreement. The proof of a skilled monk, the Red Sash, and the Idol of Zan Fi.");
quest::summonitem(12315);
quest::say("We thank you for the return of the Idol of Zan Fi. Take this rare robe pattern. You shall find it useful should you aid [Brother Qwinn] in his quest. His item, the rare robe pattern, a swatch of shadow silk and a scroll containing Jonathans Whistling Warsong. Into a sewing kit they will be going. And into the brotherhood will you.");
}
}

Sensu-Bean
07-21-2004, 04:41 PM
Part 6 - Robe of the Whistling Fists

#Zone - Dreadlands
#Type - Quest
#Class - Monk
#Mob - Brother Balatin

sub EVENT_SAY
{
{
quest::emote("turns to you. A transparent human face materalizes upon the skull. As he speaks the smell of rotted rat corpses rushes into your face. You must fight the urge to vomit");
quest::say("What discipline do you follow?");
}
if($text=~/I follow the Brotherhood of the Lost Circle/i)
{
quest::say("Then we are one. The rebirth of our circle shall start with you. I have waited decades for your arrival. You should seek the living brothers within Tunaria. When you have earned your garb then you will be ready for the true drape.");
}
if($text=~/I am ready for the true drape/i)
{
quest::say("Seek the broken flute of our master. Taken from us by the Iksar twins of Vistrei. To me they will come and to me your robe and to you will come the dawning of the new brotherhood.");
}
}

sub EVENT_ITEM
{
if($itemcount{12979} && $itemcount{12980} && $itemcount{12256} == 1)
{
quest::summonitem(12970);
quest::emote("holds his arms out and a fine robe materializes before your eyes. You grab it just in time to see the skeleton fade from existence.");
quest::depop();
}
}

Sensu-Bean
07-21-2004, 04:47 PM
Part 7 - Celestial Fists - Part 1

#Zone - Erudin
#Type - Quest
#Class - Monk
#Mob - Tomekeeper Danl

sub EVENT_SAY
{
{
quest::say("Good day, $name . Please remember to keep your voice down in our library. Feel free to browse the extensive collection of books we have on display. Learning is all about you and our library is the greatest collection of educational literature in the world, as you can no doubt see. However, there are a few books we do not own and we are prepared to pay well to acquire [rare finds].");
}
if($text=~/What rare finds?/i)
{
quest::say("Yes, any rare books, tomes, essays, or other literature you find may be of interest to me. Although the finds I am interested in are quite high profile and would most likely only be found in the possession of very powerful or influential beings. Give me what you find and I will pay you what it is worth to us.");
}
}

sub EVENT_ITEM
{
if($itemcount{18195} == 1)
{
quest::emote("gasps at the sight of the rare book.");
quest::say("This is a great find indeed! I can only imagine who you had to.. persuade to give you the book. Our library would be very interested in acquiring this and I am prepared to give you this referral that marks you as a friend of the library. If only [Lheao] could see this.");
quest::summonitem(1682);
}
if($text=~/Who is Lheao?/i)
{
quest::say("Lheao was my predecessor here at the library of Erudin. He has since retired, just a few years ago. Im sure he would be most impressed with your find and other insightful conversation on the subject. Although Im not sure one of your profession would be interested in such a scholarly endeavor, no offense. If you are interested, find him and tell him you found the book Immortals. Im not sure where he has retired to, but I hear it is near an ocean somewhere.");
}
}

Sensu-Bean
07-21-2004, 04:51 PM
Part 7 - Celestial Fists - Part 2

#Zone - Timerous Deep
#Type - Quest
#Class - Monk
#Mob - Lheao

sub EVENT_SAY
{
{
quest::emote("jumps at your voice and begins laughing at his skittishness.");
quest::say("Ahh, hello there. Not many people know of this place, so visitors are quite rare. Hehehe. Its a very beautiful place indeed, so..ummm, please dont go telling everyone you know about it. Heheh. Thanks, Friend.");
}
if($text=~/I have found the book Immortals/i)
{
quest::emote("looks up at you, eyes wide in astonishment.");
quest::say("My god, you found Immortals?! Where did you find it? Nevermind, that is unimportant. I have in my possession a book that explains more about these individuals. Its value is unimaginable as well as the impact it is capable of. As you can see, I grow old. I need an individual to watch over this book and make sure it is protected. Would you be willing to [take this responsibility]?");
}
if($text=~/I will take this responsibility/i)
{
quest::say("Im sorry, $name , but I could only give this book to a true master, such as a member of the Whistling Fists Order. And unless you can give me proof that you are one, in addition to Danls reference, which is very unlikely, there is no way Ill let you take charge of [the Celestial Fists].");
}
if($text=~/What Celestial Fists?/i)
{
quest::say("The Celestial Fists is the title of a book written by an unknown author. His writing is sub par but the legend is interesting from a biographical standpoint alone. Its rarity commands top dollar in the scholarly community but the secrets revealed in the book are what truly makes it dangerous. Ive thought many times to destroy it but just couldnt. I hope Im able to find someone to watch over it soon.");
}
}

sub EVENT_ITEM
{
if($itemcount{12970} && $itemcount{1682} == 1)
{
quest::say("Astonishing! To think that you are a master of an order thought to be lost to our world. Forgive my earlier doubts. I believe you are indeed worthy to be given the responsibility of watching over this book. Take great care that it does not fall into the wrong hands as it would be truly disatrous.");
quest::summonitem(1683);
}
}

Sensu-Bean
07-21-2004, 04:58 PM
- Edit , see top post for future updates.

Sensu-Bean
07-21-2004, 07:38 PM
Part 7 - Celestial Fists - Part 3

#Zone - Trakanons Teeth
#Type - Quest
#Class - Monk
#Mob - Kaiaren (Mad)

#You will need to create a dupe of kaiaren with different npcid for his trueform spawn.
#Below Ive used 0000 for npctype in quest::spawn(); and created a 0000.pl.
#Also be sure the numbers you pick arent already taken from another Npc-Id.

sub EVENT_SAY
{
{
quest::say("AHHH! Get it away from me. Go away. ..Leave me alone.");
}
if($text=~/What Celestial Fists?/i);
{
quest::say("Eh? Whats that? Bah! That was destroyed long ago. Dont waste my time with fairy taAAAAAGGHH GET IT AWAY!!! HELP!!! Theyre all over MEHEHEHEHEEEEEee!!");
}
}

sub EVENT_ITEM
{
if($itemcount{1683} == 1)
{
quest::emote("eyes open wide and he attacks you!");
quest::attack("$name");
}
}

sub EVENT_ITEM
{
if($itemcount{1684} == 1)
{
quest::say("Ahhh, impressive indeed! Now that you have broken the chain of the Fists, the others may come toppling down if you persevere. The Fist of Air is now the weakest, then Earth, and finally Water before the master of them all, Vorash. You must defeat them in order, proving the demise of the last to draw out the one you are after. The task before you now is to take this scale and show it to the Fist of Air wherever he may be. Good luck, $name .");
quest::summonitem(1684);
}
}

sub EVENT_ITEM
{
if($itemcount{1688} && $itemcount{1689} == 1)
{
quest::emote("bows his head and breathes a long sigh as if relieved of a great weight. He then looks up at you.");
quest::say("I honestly did not believe you could have defeated Vorash. Even though he sought nothing but war and bloodshed,it is a life nonetheless and we must mourn him. I will sew these fangs into magical fist wraps and they shall be yours. Remember Xenevorash. A purpose can be found for every situation and individual. To achieve perfection is to perceive this truth.");
quest::summonitem(10652);
}
}

sub EVENT_DEATH
{
{
quest::say("Not bad.. Now lets see if you can find my trueform if you do we discuss this further.");
quest::itemsummon(1683);
quest::spawn(0000,0,0,2470,306,-339);
}
}

next

#0000.pl
#Zone - Trakanons Teeth
#Type - Quest
#Class - Monk
#Mob - Kaiaren (Trueform)

sub EVENT_ITEM
{
if($itemcount{1683} == 1)
{
quest::say("Now, then. Where did you find this, monk? This is not just some light reading to be borrowed from the town library. Who gave this to you?");
}
if($text=~/I got it from Lheao/i)
{
quest::say("Hmmm, never heard of him. Well, it doesnt, the book is here now. Curse that idiot for writing it in the first place. Not even sure why I let him stick around. If you ever see that clown monk Aradiel kick him in the shins for me! At any rate, I suppose you would like to find the Fists and [have a nice chat with them],eh? Their master owes me much. I would reward you well if you were to bring me proof of the masters defeat.");
}
if($text=~/I would like to have a nice chat with them/i)
{
quest::say("Yes, I suppose you would. All you children looking for fame and glory will eventually learn the poison of ambition. But how will you find them? The are able to meld with their elements seamlessly and they certainly have no interest in fooling with the likes of you. No, you will need to get their attention. Fortunately, I know [how you can do this].");
}
if($text=~/How can I do this?/i)
{
quest::say("My guess is that the weakest of the Fists will be the easiest to draw out. He is egotistical and arrogant. How he came to master the Discipline of Fire, I do not know. He will most likely be in another form, one of his element. When you find the one you believe to be the Fist, you must challenge him. If you use his true name, Eejag, in your formal challenge, he will respond. A flame can burn intensely but it cannot last for long. Know this when you battle him.");
quest::itemsummon(1689);
}
}

sub EVENT_ITEM
{
{
quest::say("Ahhh, impressive indeed! Now that you have broken the chain of the Fists, the others may come toppling down if you persevere. The Fist of Air is now the weakest, then Earth, and finally Water before the master of them all, Vorash. You must defeat them in order, proving the demise of the last to draw out the one you are after. The task before you now is to take this scale and show it to the Fist of Air wherever he may be. Good luck, $name .");
quest::summonitem(1684);
}
}

sub EVENT_ITEM
{
{
quest::emote("bows his head and breathes a long sigh as if relieved of a great weight. He then looks up at you.");
quest::say("I honestly did not believe you could have defeated Vorash. Even though he sought nothing but war and bloodshed,it is a life nonetheless and we must mourn him. I will sew these fangs into magical fist wraps and they shall be yours. Remember Xenevorash. A purpose can be found for every situation and individual. To achieve perfection is to perceive this truth.");
}
}

Sensu-Bean
07-21-2004, 08:45 PM
Part 7 - Celestial Fists - Part 4

#Zone - Lavastorm
#Type - Quest
#Class - Monk
#Mob - a Fire Sprite

sub EVENT_SAY
{
{
quest::emote("ignores you.");
}
if($text=~/I challenge Eejag/i)
{
quest::spawn(6517,0,0,1061,248,-132);
}
}

next

#Zone - Lavastorm
#Type - Quest
#Class - Monk
#Mob - Eejag

sub EVENT_SPAWN
{
{
quest::shout("What imbecile dares challenge a Celestial Fist?! Do you even know who you are challenging? HA! You are nothing but an insect! I will enjoy crushing you, I have not charred the flesh of an idiot in decades! If you truly wish to fight me, the battle shall be held in my ouwn element. Come, challenger, come down to the pits of flowing fire.");
}
}

sub EVENT_DEATH
{
{
quest::itemsummon(1684);
quest::spawn(5149,0,0,215,-986,4);
}
}

Sensu-Bean
07-21-2004, 08:53 PM
-Edit , see top post for future updates.

RexChaos
07-22-2004, 02:20 AM
Though I've taken a break from anything EQEMu related (aside from forums), this is great work your doing. On a lot of servers, quests are overlooked. Keep up the good work.

Sensu-Bean
07-22-2004, 03:41 AM
Part 7 - Celestial Fists - Part 5

#Zone - Plane of Sky
#Type - Quest
#Class - Monk
#Mob - a Presence

sub EVENT_ITEM
{
{
quest::say("Hahaha! That dolt Eejag fell to the likes of you? Im not surprised. So, I guess this means you are here to challenge me. Normally, I wouldnt waste my time, but since you have defeated my younger brother, I suppose Im obligated.");
quest::spawn(6336,0,0,0,0,0); #need x,y,z cords. spawns gwan. gwan and a presence spawn in the same place.
}
}

next

#Zone - Plane of Sky
#Type - Quest
#Class - Monk
#Mob - Gwan

sub EVENT_SPAWN
{
{
quest::say("Im ready when you are, $name , tell me when you are [prepared].");
}
if($text=~/I am prepared/i)
{
}
}

sub EVENT_DEATH
{
{
quest::itemsummon(1685);
quest::emote("lets out one last, fustrated breath and gasps");
quest::say("Trunt! Prepare yourself!");
quest::spawn(6335,0,0,0,0,0); #need x,y,z cords. respawns 'a Presence'.
}
}

Dave987
07-22-2004, 04:52 AM
Very nice work! Nice to see people are writing Epic quests out, and that they have the time and patience to.

Thanks alot! ;)

Xabob
07-22-2004, 05:21 AM
Yeppers now we have what is it 2 down? Bard and monk yay

Sensu-Bean
07-22-2004, 05:45 AM
-Edit , see top post for future updates.

Thanks again for all your kind comments.

Sensu-Bean
07-22-2004, 05:51 AM
Part 7 - Celestial Fists - Part 6

#Zone - Nurga
#Type - Quest
#Class - Monk
#Mob - a Sleeping Ogre

sub EVENT_SAY
{
{
quest::emote("yawns, and utters some gibberish, then falls back asleep");
}
}

sub EVENT_ITEM
{
if($itemcount{1685} == 1)
{
quest::say("Your path of wanton destruction ends here, $name . Gwan and Eejag were impatient and hot-headed. You will not defeat me, for I have the patience and perseverance of stone, unlike the children you have beated before me.");
quest::spawn(6518,0,0,1160,7696,0); #when triggered spawns Trunt where 'a Sleeping Ogre' stands.
}
}

next

#Zone - Nurga
#Type - Quest
#Class - Monk
#Mob - Trunt

sub EVENT_SPAWN
{
{
}
}

sub EVENT_DEATH
{
{
quest::itemsummon(1686);
quest::spawn(5321,0,0,1160,7696,0); #when triggered respawns 'a Sleeping Ogre' where Trunt died.
}
}

Part 7 - Celestial Fists - Part 7

#Zone - Lake Rathe
#Type - Quest
#Class - Monk
#Mob - Deep

sub EVENT_ITEM
{
if($itemcount{1686} == 1)
{
quest::emote("slowly opens her eyes and looks up at you. She stares at you a long while and then closes her eyes and lowers her head again.");
quest::say("Very well, $name, if you wish death so greatly, we will be happy to oblige. My master projects part of himself in the wilder lands known as the Overthere. He has granted you an audience. Find him and show him the head of our earth brother. At that point, we will discuss how we will end your life.");
quest::summonitem(1686);
}
}

Sensu-Bean
07-22-2004, 10:27 AM
Part 7 - Celestial Fists - Part 8

#Zone - Overthere
#Type - Quest
#Class - Monk
#Mob - Astral Projection

sub EVENT_ITEM
{
if($itemcount{1686} == 1)
{
quest::emote("looks up and down.");
quest::summonitem(1687);
quest::say("Hmmm, I was hoping for something more impressive. This is just a small token of the last person who tried to interfere with my plans. He failed as you shall. But tell me truly, are you the one who has so rudely removed my students?");
}
if($text=~/Yes/i)
{
quest::say("I assume you have read about us and spoken with the old man, Kaiaren. Since that time, I have grown in power and influence to a point unseen by any mortal. Unfortunately, I will have to demonstrate a small amount of my skill when I destroy you. This is bad. I must decide whether you are worthy to see the techniques I wield, even though you will die shortly thereafter. Tell me, $name , who are you?");
}
if($text=~/I am the one/i)
{
quest::emote("chuckles");
quest::say("Thats quite a boast, $name . All beings strive for nothingness at the most basic level of sentience. However, almost none ever achieve this. Not even I have discarded my ego yet and you stand here and tell me you have? Perhaps you will be a worthy opponent. I shall be waiting in the great lake near here. Take that token as proof of things to come for you. If you still wish to throw your life away so needlessly, return it to my image there. I await your decision.");
quest::spawn(0000,0,0,0,0,0); #spawn dupe of Astral Projection different npc-id on center of platform in lake of loio.
}
}

Part 7 - Celestial Fists - Part 9

#0000.pl
#Zone - Lake of Ill Omen
#Type - Quest
#Class - Monk
#Mob - Astral Projection

sub EVENT_ITEM
{
if($itemcount{1687} == 1)
{
quest::spawn(0000,0,0,0,0,0); #spawns vorash to the right side of where Astral Projection stood.
quest::spawn(0000,0,0,0,0,0); #spawns Deep to the left side of where Astral Projection stood.
}
}

note: In the above quest::spawn code ive left the npc-ids empty so you can config to your database. Be sure to check that the npc-id you pick is not already taken. also need to enter the x,y,z cords.

Cisyouc
07-22-2004, 03:14 PM
I hope you are going to give us the appropriate mysql codes too?

bbum
07-22-2004, 03:29 PM
epics were a mistake tho.. why bring them abck 8)

Sensu-Bean
07-22-2004, 04:54 PM
Part 7 - Celestial Fists - Part 10 (Final Fight)

#Zone - Lake of Ill Omen
#Type - Quest
#Class - Monk
#Mob - Vorash

sub EVENT_SPAWN
{
{
}
}

sub EVENT_DEATH
{
{
quest::say("Foolish mortal! You think you have defeated me? Now, witness the true power of Rallos Zek!");
quest::spawn(6519,0,0,0,0,0);
#config x,y,z to spawn Xenevorash center of platform where Astral Projection died.
}
}

next - use the dupe npc-id you created for deep from my last post.

#0000.pl
#Zone - Lake of Ill Omen
#Type - Quest
#Class - Monk
#Mob - Deep

sub EVENT_SPAWN
{
{
}
}

next

#Zone - Lake of Ill Omen
#Type - Quest
#Class - Monk
#Mob - Xenevorash

sub EVENT_SPAWN
{
{
}
}

sub EVENT_DEATH
{
{
quest::say("Grraaaagghhhh!! NOT..POSSIBLE!");
quest::itemsummon(1688);
}
}

Note: The final hand in happens with Kaiaren.

Part 7 - Celestial Fists - Part 3

sub EVENT_ITEM
{
{
}
}

and can finish the epic by turning in the last two items to either the 'mad' or the 'trueform' of kaiaren.

_Sensu-Bean

sotonin
07-26-2004, 07:50 AM
Amazing Sensei. =)

wanna work on warrior next?
http://loophole.morpheus.net/eq/tubba_epic.html

Sensu-Bean
07-26-2004, 09:38 AM
fixed spelling errors

Zkhava
07-27-2004, 04:49 PM
Good Work Sensu-Bean .... :D

Dave987
07-28-2004, 04:01 AM
Isn't warrior already done? I could have sworn ..

Delete Warrior. Quit game.
Excellent! ;)

Thanks again Sensu, great work! I really dont have the time / patience to write epics. :P
Have you tested this quest? Last I heard quest::spawn() was broken.. not sure if it's fixed or what, but have you tested it?

Thank you once again! Good luck with the rest of your epic writing thingys. ;)

Sensu-Bean
08-23-2004, 01:12 PM
- Added Qeynos headband quests.

Cisyouc
08-23-2004, 03:05 PM
Isn't warrior already done? I could have sworn ..

Delete Warrior. Quit game.
Excellent! ;)

Thanks again Sensu, great work! I really dont have the time / patience to write epics. :P
Have you tested this quest? Last I heard quest::spawn() was broken.. not sure if it's fixed or what, but have you tested it?

Thank you once again! Good luck with the rest of your epic writing thingys. ;)I can confirm quest::spawn works.