PDA

View Full Version : NPC Scripting - Please help!

TheDreamX
04-26-2002, 07:05 AM
I checked out the support thread for NPC scripting and it makes a lot of sense to me. Only problem is, I set up a few quests, but when I hail the specified NPC, nothing happens. What am I doing wrong? I know I have the correct NPC IDs, placed the files in my c:\eqemu\quests folder, and made them *.qst with the names using the zone short-names. Any suggestions?

BTW, does scripting work yet? Another thread said that NPC scripting will be used in later version. Is 0.3.1 the "later version" and does this work??

strychn
04-26-2002, 08:06 AM
npc scripting has worked for a long time. it could be spacing or something in your script. check with working scripts that people have posted(i posted some sample script that worked fine for me).

TheDreamX
04-26-2002, 11:15 AM
Thanks, it was the spacing. I thought I could use tabs to neaten it up, but I was wrong. Looks like bad code now, but I got a tone of quests in Greater Faydark, Crushbone, and the surrounding areas. All who want free 'Quest at its very best (or at least at this stage in time of the emu) visit the Denton Designs Server.

strychn
04-26-2002, 11:25 AM
good stuff. the quest stuff is fun :)
sucks trying to see blank spaces that are breaking your scripts :(

meliudaj
04-26-2002, 11:36 AM
As bad as this may sound..... Use MS-Word to write in... and turn on view hidden Characters..... makes tabs,spaces, and Enters stick out very nicely.

strychn
04-26-2002, 12:38 PM
lol, yeah...could do that :p