PDA

View Full Version : PoD Help

Darkdrizzt
07-26-2004, 06:32 PM
I have a Pod .pl file and i get this error in the zone.exe :

WARNING: error compiling quest file quests/nexus/281174.pl: Perl runtime error: syntax error at (eval 28) line 11, near ""Greetings, $name. If you wish to follow the ways of discord, simple tell me you wish to be what we call [pvpon]. To follow the ways of Order and remove yor "PvP"
(reverting to default questfile)

I'm using

# Quest Has Been Created For Bobby's World Server created by -]Bobby]-
# NPC Name :
# ID & Zone : Nexus
# Principal Quest : Greeter
# Secondary Quest : None

sub EVENT_SAY
{
if($text=~/Hail/i)
{
quest::say("Greetings, $name. If you wish to follow the ways of discord, simply tell me you wish to be what we call [pvpon]. To follow the ways of Order and remove your "PvP" tag, simply chant the words, [pvpoff].");
}
if($text=~/pvpon/i)
{
quest::say("Good Choice. Destory the shackles of order, $name!!!");
quest::pvp("on");
}
if($text=~/pvpoff/i)
{
quest::say("While you will regret putting yourself back under Order, I cannot refuse your request.");
quest::pvp("off");
}
}

Eshmanguls
07-26-2004, 07:13 PM
remove your "PvP" tag

Remove the quotes around PvP

Cisyouc
07-26-2004, 08:58 PM

Actually the quest is identical to the one I wrote up on another thread, dont lie :roll:

Yeah, Eshmangul has it. remove the quotes and it should work fine.

I quote myself:
Here you go.
sub EVENT_SAY
{
if($text=~/Hail/i){quest::say("Greetings, $name. If you wish to follow the ways of discord, simply tell me you wish to be what we call [pvpon]. To follow the ways of Order and remove your "PvP" tag, simply chant the words, [pvpoff].");}
if($text=~/pvpon/i){quest::say("Good Choice. Destory the shackles of order, $name!!!");quest::pvp("on");}
if($text=~/pvpoff/i){quest::say("While you will regret putting yourself back under Order, I cannot refuse your request.");quest::pvp("off");}
}

Also, this is in a sticky although I redid it to your exact requests, so, next time look around a little =)

Darkdrizzt
07-26-2004, 09:23 PM
lol whos lying? im just telling him what i had there

Dave987
07-27-2004, 02:07 AM
Instead of using Quotes, you should use the apostrophe sign (') . If you really want to use double quotes, use 2 apostrophes. Sorted! ;)

Dark - you're lying. :P

... lol?

animepimp
07-27-2004, 03:01 AM
You should be able to put in \" in order to be able to keep the quotations. I'm pretty sure that works in perl.

Cisyouc
07-27-2004, 08:51 AM
You should be able to put in \" in order to be able to keep the quotations. I'm pretty sure that works in perl.Mmm I think I've tried that and it didnt work.. Regardless just remove them entirely its not that important :lol:

Now back to fixing my server...