PDA

View Full Version : EverQuest 2 Discussion

Ariak
04-26-2002, 11:24 AM
Anybody planning to buy it? Why or why not?

Baron Sprite
04-26-2002, 12:22 PM
6 words sum it up - Hell no it's made by verant.

Ariak
04-26-2002, 01:04 PM
Yet, you play EverQuest on the emulator.. That makes a lot of sense.

Baron Sprite
04-26-2002, 01:11 PM
Ok: It's run by verant, then. :p
I play it because I can world build with it until Never winter nights ;)

Ariak
04-26-2002, 01:13 PM
Ugh, NWN.

I was planning on getting it until I played DND at a friends house. First time I fell asleep playing a game with friends before. Not even massive amounts of coffee kept me up.

But, yeah, I disliked EQ, also. I hate relying on other people to do stuff. Massive raids are great, but I don't want to *HAVE* to be in a guild.

Baron Sprite
04-26-2002, 01:17 PM
Go buy icewind dale, it's like 15$ It will show you some awesome dnd action. NWN is gonna be alot better then pen and paper to put it lightly :D. Yeah I used to know all sides of eq, I like epic fights, but I don't like spending 7 hours to do it :cool:

Arcalyn
04-26-2002, 01:20 PM
There not gonna make an EQ2?!?!
:eek:
Where'd ya get this info?

Share the URL

:)

Baron Sprite
04-26-2002, 01:24 PM
www.nekotulus.com and wailingcaves.com are 2, however you spell the darkelf forest is the first one ;)

Arcalyn
04-26-2002, 01:33 PM
They had better not make an EQ2!

I had problems with the first one! ROFL

But did have some fun also, they'd probably get me to at least try it....although if its anything like EQ then it'll be a short trial period, VERY short, otherwise ya get hooked and stupid and neglectful of your friends & family, eatting sleeping and bathing in front of your monitor......if your lucky sex also.

I think its just a promo for their add-on to EQ

Hopefully the DEV team can incorporate Planes of Power into the Emu.

Mike

ps. Besides if they did have an EQ2 who'd be dumb enough to continue playin EQ everyone would switch to the newest progy.

Baron Sprite
04-26-2002, 01:36 PM
they would prolly make it so you can convert your characters to it, of course :D Verant made a pretty good game, it's replay factor was great, but they shouldn't have made it so time consuming and require a large guild. Also they should learn what customer support is. Good game - Bad company in other words :D

strychn
04-26-2002, 01:54 PM
off topic, but has anyone played dungeon siege?
it's not too bad.
as to eq's replay value, until the emu it didn't exist.
having to pay for the game as long as you want to play it, doesn't appeal to me that much. on top of having to first purchase the client, which if you decide not to keep an eq 'live' account, reduces the clients value to less then a door wedge.

Baron Sprite
04-26-2002, 01:59 PM
I had a blast leveling to 50 before kunark, not spending much time playing, casually grabbing a group for an hour or 2 and smashing some stuff. Don't get me started on kunark again! ;)

Anyways you like dungeon siege? I was going to buy it tomorrow, how is the multiplayer/graphics/sound/control? Heck give me a review from your point of view hehe :p

strychn
04-26-2002, 02:42 PM
actually it's a pretty good game.
it's somewhat hack and slash, like diablo, but there's good camera control, lotsa nice graphics, and some other kewl stuff.
i'm not much for reviewing stuff, but let me just say, i bought it a couple days ago, and i've had trouble keeping myself from playing it. part of the reason i have little time to work on my emu tools. :p
that and i work a lot, long hours. sometimes 12+ hours /day.
but if you were asking me if i'd recommend buying the game...i would have to say yes.
and once they release the maps editor and stuff for it, it will definitely be a game to get. it's an excellent game imho to get to tide you over till nwn :)
the multiplayer isn't too bad, haven't tried it alot. there's a few issues with some configurations with the multiplayer, but supposedly a patch coming. k, i'm babbling. i say go get it, and let me know when you do...have to have a game :p
it's a fun way to waste time. ......holy off topic :p

ps. graphics are good, but some of my friends have mediocre systems, and lose a lot of the greatness to slow system. i've got a 1200, with 768 mbram...so i can't complain.

Baron Sprite
04-26-2002, 02:55 PM
cool, thanks :)

strychn
04-26-2002, 09:59 PM
update...i've played a good deal of the multiplayer in dungeon siege. it's pretty good. yes. get the game, you'll like it.

Ariak
04-27-2002, 01:16 AM
No character transfers and or item transfers.

This is a COMPLETELY different game, not an expansion.

Baron Sprite
04-27-2002, 09:49 AM
Sounds lame then ;)

Ariak
04-27-2002, 10:33 AM
Do you think having 4 year old charactes from FoH, AL, LoS, and guilds like them will make it enjoyable for newcomers who just bought the game?

I quit over a year ago, myself..

AA, Timesink keys, etc, they have to make it a 'new' game. Besides, it is for playstation 2 :)

Jay
04-28-2002, 04:10 AM
What about Final Fantasy 11? Online FF, very tempting...of course so is Middle Earth Online. :P

Baron Sprite
04-28-2002, 09:10 AM
Thanks for the input stry, dled the demo last night and it was really fun, gonna go buy it, much luv~ :o

strychn
04-28-2002, 09:21 AM
yeah, it's not too bad of a game. the multiplayer is pretty fun, and once they release the map making tools it should get even better. i noticed someone started a project to remake the lands of norrath for dungeon siege. that should be interesting. good game though, i recommend it to anyone who's listening, unless you are holding out for NWN.

DeletedUser
05-08-2002, 10:47 AM
My friends and I are going to all buy it and spend x-mas break to see how high we can get in EQ2... :) Should be fun.

ednecro
07-31-2002, 11:55 AM
I have played dungen siege, I would recommend
playing it with the complete freedom camera mod, its very nice but pretty linear. NWN I did not like at all, moves slow and not much camera freedom, the editor is cool and easy to use, I lost interest after a day or so of playing it.
Back to the emu I went. Galaxies looks stunningly beautiful but I will be dammed If Im gonna shell out $350 buck for a hi end geforce 4 and then of course the impending EQ2!!!!! I got so hooked on the first one I doubt I will start on the 2nd one,
It is soo cool looking If I play I will probably end up divorced, and I do not want to get divorced. But If I was single I would sell everything I own except my PC and DSL and never come out of my house again. Thank god sex is better then video games!!!!

a_Guest03
08-01-2002, 04:51 AM
So sad and so true, ed!