PDA

View Full Version : BioSprite General Public Free Use Communications License

Baron Sprite
08-01-2004, 08:11 PM
This is not the hold harmless license needed to host a patcher, check out: http://www.eqemulator.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=16426 for the hold harmless agreement.

Copyright ? 2002-2004 Baron-Sprite All Rights Reserved.

BioSprite General Public Free Use Communications License:

This network, service, or medium of communication is protected
under the BioSprite General Public Free Use Communications License
and shall forth be referred to as the network.

A party endorsed by the owner must posses a notarized legal document from
the state of residence of the owner to be considered endorsed. Furthermore all
endorsed parties must acknowledge and agree to the owner of the network, who is
the person(s) owning the equipment necessary to run the network, having final
say in all matters pertaining to their endorsement, which may lead to criminal,
civil, and/or administrative action being taken against the endorsed party, as well
as acknowledging and agreeing to defend, indemnify, and hold harmless
the owner of the network from all damages, liabilities, claims and expenses,
including but not limited to attorneys' fees and costs, arising from or related,
directly or indirectly, from any criminal, civil, and/or administrative action taken
against the endorsed party.

Information is, without limitation code, programs, routines, subroutines, objects,
files, data, and information uploaded to, downloaded from, and accessible through
the network, including, without limitation, graphics, sound effects, music,
animation-style video, live action video with and without sound, and text.

You agree and acknowledge that this license may not violate its self in any way,
unless the violation would benefit the owner or a party endorsed by the owner in
any way, at which time you agree and acknowledge that the owner or party endorsed
by the owner would receive full benefits from the violation, without any repercussions
from the violation, and that the benefits would only apply to the owner or a party
endorsed by the owner.

A) This network and it's entirety, unless specified elsewhere
may be used free of charge by anyone so long as this copyright notice and
license is read and agreed to in full and remains intact. By using this
network or reading/failing to read any letter or word in this copyright notice
and license you acknowledge and agree to defend, indemnify, and hold harmless
the owner of the network as well as any parties endorsed by the owner of the
network from all damages, liabilities, claims and expenses, including but not
limited to attorneys' fees and costs, arising from or related, directly or
indirectly, to any use or misuse of the network, any services provided by the
network, or breach of this license by you or any party endorsed or related to you.

B) Selling or distributing any information discussed or observed on this network
by any means by any party without prior written consent from the owner of the network
is expressly forbidden. You must obtain permission from the owner of the network
before trying to make money or any other profit off anything said or done on the network
using this license.

C) Problems that arise from the use of the network including without limitation:
Unexplained hardware failure, software failure, any and all computer problems,
emotional trauma and or distress, or physical harm and or death, may not be
used in any court or any other form or medium of gaining profit and or justice
against the owner of this network or any parties endorsed by the owner, as well
as indemnifying the owner from any and all problems arising from its use or misuse.

D) You shall obtain permission before redistributing any information gathered or observed
on the network over the Internet or in any other medium. In all cases
copyright, header, and this license must remain intact. By reading this
or using the network in any form you hereby agree to the terms and conditions contained
herein.

E) If you are affiliated with, endorsed by, or representing any organization, party,
person or persons with maligned intents or purposes against the owner, moderator,
administrators, or users of the network then you shall first gain written permission
from the
owner or a party endorsed by the owner for using the network or attempting to use
any of the services offered by the network. If you are allowed access to the network,
you must cease and desist all hostile activities or other methods intended or which
do cause harm against the owner, moderator, or administrators of the network.

F) Access to the network or services provided by the network and/or its owner may be
denied freely at the discretion of the owner or parties endorsed by the owner. If
a forceful removal from the network or its services is of questionable intent an
appeal may be made in writing to the owner or moderator of the network by the method provided
by the owner or moderator. An appeal may be heard at the sole discretion of the owner,
a party endorsed by the owner, or a moderator. The owner or any party endorsed by the owner
reserves any and all rights to restrict, deny, or prevent access
to the network or any services provided by the network to any person or party with or
without cause.

G) Information sent through this network is the sole property of the owner and may be
viewed or deleted at the discretion of the owner, a party endorsed by the owner, or
a moderator. By using this network you forfeit any privacy rights you have, unless
specific written permission is granted by the owner. If information passed through this
network is found to be encrypted in a form other then provided by the network, the network
owner may remove any encryption at will using any means required if it is in an
attempt to stop the owner or any party or parties endorsed by the owner from viewing
information. Information of any kind may not be redistributed in any form by any party
other then the owner or a party endorsed by the owner.

H) All information on this network may be intercepted, recorded, read, copied, and
disclosed by and to the owner of the network or a party endorsed by the network possessing
explicit written permission by the owner for official purposes, including criminal
investigations. Such information includes sensitive data encrypted to comply with
confidentiality and privacy requirements granted by the owner. Access or use of this network
by any person, whether authorized or unauthorized, constitutes consent to the terms contained
herein.
There is no right of privacy on this network as a user.

I) You acknowledge and agree that the owner or a party endorsed by the owner is the sole
and exclusive owner of the network, and that the owner or a party endorsed by the owner
or its suppliers are the sole and exclusive owner(s) of all right, title and interest
(including, without limitation, any and all intellectual property rights), to any information on
or sent through the network. You also shall acknowledge that none of the items listed above may be
redistributed in any shape or form to any party that has not received explicit written permission
from the owner and a notarized legal document from the state of residence of the owner. The owner
may not be held liable for any form of information as described above, even if it conflicts with
any and all laws.

J) Failure to read this license is in direct violation of the license its self and may
result in legal action seeking the maximum possible amount in damages. Failure to
comply with this license may result in penalties up to, but not limited to, 100,000
US dollars or its equivalent in gold. This license is a legal contract, agreed
upon by reading and or having this license available to read on the network. If you are not over
18 years of age, then your parents or legal guardian must accept full responsibility in writing.

K) You shall agree and acknowledge that to institute any and all legal action against the owner
or any party endorsed by the owner, in any manner whatsoever, caused or relevant to any occurrences
or information as described above found within the network, you shall pay for any and all
legal fees and costs in advance to the owner, or any party endorsed by the owner, regardless if the party
was previously endorsed before any legal proceedings were instituted. You shall also agree and acknowledge
that you shall institute any and all legal action against the owner or any party endorsed by the owner, in any
manner whatsoever only within 12 hours of the event subject to the legal action occurring. As well as paying
for any and all fees and costs related to travel and room and board in advance that would be expected to be
incurred as a result of instituting legal action against the owner or any party endorsed by the owner, with
a minimum, but not limited to, amount of 20,000 US dollars or its equivalent in gold. Furthermore,
you shall agree and acknowledge that if the owner or any party endorsed by the owner, regardless if the party
were previously endorsed before any legal proceedings, is found guilty in any manner whatsoever in any form
of means of gaining monetary rewards, that you must 0 (Zero) the amount owed by the owner or a party
endorsed by the owner, and instead pay a multiple of 3 of the amount in return to the owner or a
party endorsed by the owner.

Baron Sprite
08-01-2004, 08:16 PM
Purpose of this isn't to control the users or what they do, this is to protect the devs from the users or stuff the users do on this network. This doesn't mean you can break the rules or distribute warez. This means we don't get sued if you do, it's not a get out of jail free card for you, we will cooporate with authorities if you break the law.

gottasummer
08-06-2004, 09:59 AM
Interesting liscense agreement, I think this is good for you, I would hate to see it if a dev got in trouble just because of some n00b.

Anyway, I will make sure I put that on my site before allowing anyone to download stuff that I am gonna make like connection help etc, possibly my own patcher.

Anyway, I support you in all of these actions, thanks for bringing us EQEmu, I just finally got it to work, I have been trying for almost 6 months, I finally have something setup.

Thanks again for everything! I appriciate and support EQEmu 100%!

Chrysm
10-19-2004, 08:03 AM
Don't be sellin my damn e-mail /smack