PDA

View Full Version : Lurker 0.35 DB

Lurker_005
04-27-2002, 12:45 PM
Lurker's EQEmu Database
This is meant to be added to the standard db.sql file that came with EQEmu 0.3.1 If you put db.sql in the same directory as these files it will replace the specified db with a clean one before beginning.

import.bat <database name> <optional mysql path> to import this into your database. Run the import.bat for more usage instructions.

New in 3.5
Updated to Drawde's 0.85
Fixed Kael spawns showing up in ToV (oops) Updated import batch file. This now has a menu and uses choice.com. Nt users will need to get choice.com from a windows machine c:\windows\command\choice.com
Cleaned up spawns in WestFreeport, Paineel, BlackBurrow, Warrens, and StonebruntMountians
Added MarusSeru and DawnshroudPeaks (Spawns as skeletons only, no loot)

Lurker0.35.zip (http://home.earthlink.net/~dpuch/misc/Lurker0.35.zip)

*edit: sort of forgot to put this in when I posted

Lurker 0.35 for use with EQEmu 0.3.1.1 (or 0.3.1)

NT, 2000, XP users can get choice.com (ftp://ftp.microsoft.com/Services/TechNet/Windows/msdos/RESKIT/suppdisk/choice.com) from microsoft

Trementar
04-27-2002, 02:35 PM
Is there any way you can build the DB that is Current with your change's as some of us are not able to figure how to add them .Txt file's to the DB.

Only one I been able to use is DwargD's DB which is easy to update since there's no guess work on how to add them .txt file's

Thank's

just_add_water
04-27-2002, 03:45 PM
/argee

meliudaj
04-27-2002, 04:12 PM
Just loaded it up. Of course I went straight to Blackburrow :-) Some of that looks a little familiar ;) Looks really good acctually but found just 3 errored spawns 2 that are safe spotting, and The one off in the distance in the attatched screen shot.. Thought you might find it interesting to SEE. :-)

Ran to Freeport.. Nice work.. the newbie ground acctually has stuff in it now! (/em checks that off list to do). Same goes for the Acadamey for Archane Science. Merchents are back on the right floor! (/em makes another check)

These guys have a point... I say package up your #.zip just like you are.. but add a built db.sql into the zip as well... for those that don't care about seeing the split out table's.

meliudaj
04-27-2002, 04:19 PM
Son-of-a- DOH... Forgot to attatch picture... here it is.

Baron Sprite
04-27-2002, 04:44 PM
the bat works good for me, I luv you lurker ;)

frax
04-27-2002, 05:07 PM
the bat keeps giving me:
'CHOICE' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program, or batch file.

Right after it lists A, B, C, Z options after running import.bat db.sql c:\mysql2\bin\

meliudaj
04-27-2002, 05:27 PM
I'm not sure if This (http://sourceforge.net/docman/display_doc.php?docid=9548&group_id=46446) still holds true (hope it does for sake of uniformity) But if so your Way out of wack.

Just a FYI.

Furinex
04-27-2002, 06:47 PM
So I chose 'A':

I certainly do get a LOT of "ERROR 1062 at line <line number>: Duplicate Entry yadda yadda" That normal?

Hardy
04-27-2002, 07:31 PM
Only one I been able to use is DwargD's DB which is easy to update since there's no guess work on how to add them .txt file's

/agree Use db.sql format :p :D

Lurker_005
04-27-2002, 08:13 PM
I package it this way so that you can replace OR update an existing DB.

Yea there are a couple of duplicate errors in the loot file again, they don't harm anything. I guess I was a bit mind numb after working on the files I didn't even notice em :p

As for choice, I guess I only mentioned it in my batch file for publiclogin :( Anyhow 9x machines have it, but microsoft removed from NT, 2000, xp... Download choice.com (ftp://ftp.microsoft.com/Services/TechNet/Windows/msdos/RESKIT/suppdisk/choice.com) from microsoft

If you have an existing DB named eq31 then unzip the download, and run "import eq31" chose B and it will update your database with these spawns and other stuff

If you want to replace a DB named eq31 then unzip the download, drop the original db.sql from the EQEmu 3.1.1 download in the same directory. Run "import eq31" and select A This will completely replace that DB with this.

If you want to create a new DB named eq31 unzip, copy over db.sql, run "import eq31" select A This creates a new DB named eq31

Calabeth
04-27-2002, 10:25 PM
Ok I must be a dunce or something. I am getting the import.bat seemingly running fine.

What I did was took the db file from mysql/bin dropped it into the unzipped directory I made and ran it.
Typing import db31 in command.exe mode.
Chose A got a few error lines.
took the db file and placed back into mysql/bin.

Is this the right way to have done that? Because reason I ask is so far I have not seen any newer items or NPC spawns anywhere.

Trementar
04-28-2002, 02:27 AM
It don't work either. It just give me a {Y,N} and that's it.

frax
04-28-2002, 05:31 AM
Got it to work =) Thx lurker, what you do is you save choice.com somewhere on your computer, i saved it in the lurker folder, then run import.bat and it'll all be good =)

frax
04-28-2002, 05:36 AM
Hmmm... except the "new" db file is exactly the same as the old lol... and mysql doesnt want to open it =(

Lurker_005
04-28-2002, 06:30 AM
If you used a different db name than your current database, did you change db.ini?

You don't run choice, put it inyour system path, or with my files, and just run import {database}

If you have more than 5 or so duplicate entry errors, copy and paste the screen with the errors here.

Also make sure you are using the EQEmu 3.1 or 3.1.1 db.sql While it should work with the other db.sql files, It was tested and designed for that one.

Furinex, more than 5 duplicate entry errors is not normal. The only way I can think of to have lots of them is if your using ariak's db file as db.sql

Calabeth
04-28-2002, 08:35 AM
Ok i tried doing this with the older import and this is the message I see.

"Ready to delete and recreate the db31 database"

I got that from running the older import.bat and typing "import db31" I thought it was supposed to redo the db.sql not redo itself?

With your newer one choice A says. "Make db31 a freshly installed database." so same Q basically I thought this was suposed to redo the db.sql. Or do I make the db31.sql file and then use the mysql.exe then type
use eq
source db31?

Thanks for this help for a dunce of a noob.

Lurker_005
04-28-2002, 11:28 AM
This does not do anything to db.sql. It puts the data directly into the mysql database, eq31 in the examples. dq.sql is unaltered.

Once you have run import eq31 and chosen A the database is done. Edit db.ini to make sure your using the same database you just made (eq31) and start the emu.

Calabeth
04-28-2002, 01:05 PM
hehe I think I got it all working well now what I did was ran the bat like this.

import eq

then chose A

Everything seems to be working well now, ( I went to the irc channel for some help also ) As an update for items none of the GM stuff seems wearable by Iksar or Vah Shir yet in the db.

Thanks for the help Lurker :) and Shin_Noir ( if he reads here at all ) from the irc channel.

bigwangtom
04-28-2002, 04:46 PM
I got it working finally but none of the npc's move and they aren't argo to me at all..... Is it suppose to be like that?

Trementar
04-28-2002, 04:55 PM
Most likely they are Static NPC's since that's is the easy one's to work on first then they will start with the one's that move once they get the Static one's

Hmm
04-28-2002, 06:39 PM
actally all is static even the ones thats supposed to move. theres just no support for movement script currently. it do run when aggroed but otherwise very still.

bigwangtom
04-29-2002, 02:46 AM
How can I set the npc's to be argo to me?

Lurker_005
04-29-2002, 06:28 AM
bigwangtom, See your post in the general eqemu forum.