PDA

View Full Version : Packet Collecting (22-08-2004)

Melwin
08-21-2004, 04:54 AM
Features to be collected
Please see THIS PAGE (http://humme.dk/eqemu/packetcollect.html) for a list of what has currently been/not been packetcollected for the emu (to my knowledge. I try to stay up to date)

Preferred way to packetcollect
Start packetcollector (see this link (http://eqemulator.net/pcItems.htm) for help)
Do your thing as fast as possible
Log out
Save the log and name it something appropriate, then email it to rogean@gmail.com
Repeat for next item.

You can also make a big log of a playing session or whatever, but it's a lot more helpful if you do it that way as it's pretty inefficient to fiddle through some 100mb log.

If I missed anything, please PM me (PREFERRED) or post here (your post will be deleted once I add the item to the list).

Updates

22-08-2004: Casting Spells collected by RangerDown

Last updated 22-08-2004

bloodgoth
08-21-2004, 01:17 PM
Alright, I did 2 Adventures today, as well as sent some tells to the item bot. I have a win on normal and a lose on normal. The file is 136 megs though... Which is bigger than baby jesus, will zipping it up really compress it that much... I mean, I can't really send 136 megs now can I? *swoons*

-edit-

Nevermind, newbness set in on me >_>

sotonin
08-21-2004, 03:41 PM
text files usually compess a SHITLOAD. try it.

Melwin
08-21-2004, 09:50 PM
Yes, ALWAYS compress your logs. Text files compress to a fraction of their original size.

bloodgoth
08-22-2004, 07:10 AM
I did ^.^ The zip file ended up being 9 megs. Already sent it off :D

Valor
08-23-2004, 06:47 AM
How do you close the packetcollector corectly?

Draupner
08-23-2004, 06:54 AM
control + c to end logging

Valor
08-23-2004, 06:56 AM
it will auto upload if i do that tho?

Draupner
08-23-2004, 08:01 AM
no that'll just stop the packetcollector from collecting

Valor
08-23-2004, 08:58 AM
sent combat and looting NPC

Epoch18
08-25-2004, 02:20 PM
I'll start doing some augging right now and send off my log.

RangerDown
08-25-2004, 05:49 PM
After I press Ctrl C to end the logging program it crashes with an option to send error report. The logfile is intact though. Is it normal for it to crash when it ends? (Using WinXP btw)

Cisyouc
08-25-2004, 05:54 PM
After I press Ctrl C to end the logging program it crashes with an option to send error report. The logfile is intact though. Is it normal for it to crash when it ends? (Using WinXP btw)CTRL+C is the hotkey to close a DOS Application. (In DOS Alone, it would return to the cd> prompt, differing from an 'exit' or 'quit' command.) So yes I wouldn't be suprised if it would get a crash message.

cofruben
08-29-2004, 11:45 PM
I have done inspecting.Guild managment done too.Autosplit done.

Melwin
08-30-2004, 02:09 AM
I'd say it's completely impossible for me to know what has/has not been collected, since nobody seems very intent on telling me anything, so yeah.

Xabob
09-05-2004, 05:50 PM
Yo i know yea yea i left boo hoo but i play live alot now and i though i could be a little help i will be doing mage things such as Eye or zomm,Summonings,everything possabile ^_^
anyways ttyl

mcswanbeck
09-08-2004, 12:34 AM
I'll bluntly admit that I'm not into all this emu-stuff (and thereby not 100% sure of the initial post in this thread means), but I'm very interested in the item-collecting part. However when I tried to run the collector yesterday to add some items, then I ran into some problems.

I use the following command to start the collector (yes, my network device is #2):
D:\Sony\PacketCollector\PacketCollector.exe 192.168.1.35 -items -name mcswanbeck -d 2
... which gives me the following output:
Failed to connect to database: Error: Access denied for user: 'items@195.47.162.33' (Using password: YES)
Enabling logging of items only.
Loading Item information from master database...
Not connected. Cannot execute query.
Error getting information from master database, make sure you have the latest version from http://www.eqemulator.net/PacketCollector.zip
Error getting information from master database, make sure you have the latest version from http://www.eqemulator.net/PacketCollector.zip
Items not being processed: Could not connect to parent database to get item struct!

Is the item database down atm or am I miserable failing at some point?

mcswanbeck
09-10-2004, 12:02 AM
Come on... It can't be through, that noone knows what I'm talking about :(

Indomidable
09-23-2004, 05:30 AM
I did pretty much everything on that list and sent them in, with extras.
----------------
Here's the Question do I need to do this again as part of a OoW packet collection?

Including getting tasks (I belive this system is still being tweeked since I've seen some absurd tasks given to low levels)
Also the new Expidition Zone in DS
New Murmarite Rune Turn ins. Not random goes through a certain order, (Unsure what happens if try to turn in a rune after the turn in list is complete...)
New AA abilities (I'll collect them after I reach 70, 67 atm)
I might collect lvl 70 ding if requested.
-----------------------
I would like to see a current list of needed things

Cisyouc
09-23-2004, 07:14 AM
New Murmarite Rune Turn ins. Not random goes through a certain order, (Unsure what happens if try to turn in a rune after the turn in list is complete...) Not needed. Quests are not OP Codes they are perl quests.

might collect lvl 70 ding if requested. Also, not an OP code =)

The others might be good additions =)

Indomidable
09-27-2004, 03:43 PM
Not needed. Quests are not OP Codes they are perl quests.

Muramite Runes are for Spells, or Combat abilities:
Minor 66
Lesser 67
Muramite 68
Greater 69
Glowing 70 (Normal)
Ancient lvl 70 Ancient (spell line).
(so all the information can be found about zones and spells from the files in EQ directory)
--------------------
No need for:
GoD - Expidition
Zoning into new zones (Drankins Scar, Bloodfields, Nobles Causeway, WoS, etc.)

So, I should Packet collect:
*The new zones (trials in Proving grounds-Instanced zones).
*Expeditions from Dranik's Scar.
*New AA's as I buy them.

Need someone to - Packet Collect new Guild Tribute Activation
Does the new Raid Management abilities Need to be collected? (Move players(1-12), Raid Invite, Raid Remove, Make Raid Leader, Make Group Leader, remove group leader, Lock Raid, Unlock Raid) - although still buggy on moving a leader of a grp into another group (really messes up if you do that!)