PDA

View Full Version : Lost and dont kno how to fix this error

supernova
08-24-2004, 03:45 PM
ok i hv the trilogy everquest and i hv done everything in the guides.
but i get an error saying "The procedure entry point _AIL_open_XMIDI_driver@4 could not be located in the dynamic link library mss32.dll". I hv no idea wut this means and hoping some1 has the answer to this. i hv already used the 2k pacther and still i get the same error. help would be nice.

mattmeck
08-24-2004, 04:24 PM
a quick google of mss32.dll brought up

WinTasks DLL Library

mss32 - mss32.dll - DLL Information
DLL File: mss32 or mss32.dll
DLL Name: Miles Sound System Library
Description: Miles Sound System Library used by WinAmp and many games for audio playback and sound effects.
Part Of: WinAmp
System DLL: No
Common Errors: File Not Found, Missing File, Exception Errors

so I would say ether sound drivers are off, or its a DX 9 issue

Raddiux
08-25-2004, 04:31 AM
It sounds like you installed the files from the 2k patcher without patching EQ to live first.

supernova
08-25-2004, 06:42 AM
well i tried patching on eq live and i got an error saying it couldnt find it or something ill take a look tho. thx

Scrv
10-26-2004, 06:14 AM
I've also been having this problem. I thought it might be my older soundcard at first (SB pci 128) but I got the latest drivers, and still no go. Might try a different card tonight.

I've been trying to connect simply through the WR patcher (hit connect after tha patcher has run). Might just run it as patcher, close it out, and they try connecting through eqw (suggestion from Eredhel)

you never know...I'll let you know.

Scorpious2k
10-27-2004, 03:05 AM
Try downloading the file ( http://www.dll-files.com/dllindex/dll-files.shtml?mss32 ) and putting it in your eq folder.

If that doesn't work, try running without sound...