PDA

View Full Version : Live Compatible Login Server

Doodman
08-27-2004, 04:56 PM
That's right.. With 5.8DR-1 release around the corner, come try it out with your live patched client.

Here is what you need to do:

1 - Reset Authorization
First you will need to reset your "authorization". You'll need to do this only once, unless eqlive changes the key they use in the client or if you want to change your password. Point your browser to the following age to reset it.
http://www.eqemulator.net/eqresetauthrequest.php

The login/password you enter here is what you would normally enter on the loginserver. It is not your forum account name and password.

Notice it has your IP listed. This is only needed in resetting your authorization. Once your authorization is updated, you can log in to the login server from any IP (see below).

2 - Login to EQ
First, change your eqhost.txt to:
[LoginServer]
Host=newlogin1.eqemulator.net:5996
Then you will need to log in to the login server from EQ from the same IP as you connected to the authorization reset page . This is very important. After this, what ever IP you want to connect to the login server from is fine.

3 - Enjoy 5.8DR-1
When you get to the login server, you will probably only see one server at this time, "EQEmu Official Test [Non-Legit]". Feel free to login and test it out and report bugs.

X - Running your own 5.8DR-1
Once 5.8DR-1 is released, make sure your LoginServer.ini points to the new loginserve as well:[LoginServer]
loginserver=newlogin1.eqemulator.net
loginport=5996

This is very beta, so please let me know of any bugs with the login server. EQEmu 5.8DR-1 bugs can be reported on the forums.[/code]

Xabob
08-27-2004, 05:15 PM
W00T and i Tested it And it works ^_^ YaY.

Oh yea btw Guildwars isn't hardcoded in anymore YAY lol

Cisyouc
08-27-2004, 05:49 PM
-edit-
Errr, sorry. Had thought this was about 5.8, will take to Bug Forum when 5.8 source is released.

Doodman
08-27-2004, 05:51 PM
Please keep replies to this thread relevent to the login server, not general 5.8-DR1 bugs.

Thanks.

bluejam
08-27-2004, 11:37 PM
I had no troubles logging into the offical Emu server. Great job.

Melwin
08-28-2004, 12:28 AM
Works like a charm.

RangerDown
08-28-2004, 04:04 AM
Worked fine for me

Jett
08-28-2004, 04:07 AM
Hmm, when i try it, it say "Error, a timeout occured"

Cisyouc
08-28-2004, 04:08 AM
Hmm, when i try it, it say "Error, a timeout occured"Your eqhost.txt most likely says 5995 where it SHOULD be 5996 or you did not patch to live.

RangerDown
08-28-2004, 04:08 AM
You have to change the port number in eqhost.txt.

Jett
08-28-2004, 04:13 AM
Nope, its 5996...

Cisyouc
08-28-2004, 04:15 AM
Nope, its 5996...Do you have the right patch?

Jett
08-28-2004, 04:26 AM
I just patched before i changed it, so unless they had a patch today, im current.

Jett
08-28-2004, 04:29 AM
haha, ignore me lol, i had an extra ] on accident, didnt completely select my old host before changing :oops:

meowmix11
08-28-2004, 06:26 AM
Im having a problem. When I patch to live and go to run the game, it says: eqgame has experienced an error and could not start or something like that. What do I do?

Charmy
08-28-2004, 06:45 AM
restart your computer, i get that sometimes.

karkar
08-28-2004, 06:50 AM
Test works great! :D

laendrick
08-28-2004, 08:43 AM
Worked great for logging in for me too, though in the +- 10 minuts i took to test it fast, i saw 2 minor flaws.. : max level to 146 (no biggie), and also i had a "You have killed Velketor the Sorcerer" only when i launched the auto-attack on him (no corpse though, was still attacking me and all, just got the impression there was a message that shouldn't have poped)

Well..you said eqemu 5.8DR1 could be reported on the forums, didn't see a thread about it, posted here instead of creating one that shouldn't maybe have existed...

EDIT : Thanks on reply, and nevermind, didnt see that one...posting there

Derision
08-28-2004, 08:47 AM
Well..you said eqemu 5.8DR1 could be reported on the forums, didn't see a thread about it, posted here instead of creating one that shouldn't maybe have existed...

There is one thread about bugs on the 5.8 test server here

http://www.eqemulator.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=16887

meowmix11
08-28-2004, 02:30 PM
restart your computer, i get that sometimes.
Wont work. :( I restarted many times and still got the error.

the2ndone
08-28-2004, 06:12 PM
I have an odd problem when i log on sometimes theres toons on there that are not mine. every time i log on there are diffrent toons one time i had a frog war that was 255 and named grogg or something like that. lol idk i only saw the toon i made once.

bluejam
08-28-2004, 09:32 PM
That probably is a db problem and I've seen it before, so don't worry. It should be a minor problem.

Blakkjak
08-29-2004, 01:30 AM
marglar/obliv/shro here, I am getting the timeout error as well, here is what my eqhost contains

[LoginServer]
Host=eqemulator.net:5996

[LoginServer]
Host=xp-smitchell:7308

is this correct? the login-server part was auto added after I followed the directions on the main page.

*edit* nevermind, figured it out. for those dumb like me, after you finish with the authorization bit you just change eqhost to

[LoginServer]

and you are gtg... so I think anyways, now when I try to log into the test server , it freezes after charecter select screen. when I try to enter the world.

DrDre1854
08-29-2004, 06:42 AM
i have done this eqhost.txt part of everything, i just dont get how to do this part:

Then you will need to log in to the login server from EQ from the same IP as you connected to the authorization reset page . This is very important. After this, what ever IP you want to connect to the login server from is fine.

How am i suppose to change my IP to the one it gives me?

Derision
08-29-2004, 06:45 AM
i have done this eqhost.txt part of everything, i just dont get how to do this part:

How am i suppose to change my IP to the one it gives me?

The IP address it shows is the one you are currently using ... you don't need to reconfigure or change anything, just proceed as the post says.

DrDre1854
08-29-2004, 06:47 AM
K thanx

sotonin
08-29-2004, 08:34 AM
Did reset. set eqhost and logged in...

wa la a 65 enchanter on my account.. wtf ?

it let me log in too...

log out.. close eq. open it again... this time

Duke : 61 paladin
GordonZero: 250 wizard
Kittty: 65 Beastlord
Kitty: 65 Beastlord

... w t f mate ?

I figrue 3rd times a charm..... WRONG.

Grungan: 255 Shaman
Himmy: 1 Magician
Lorelia: 65 Rogue

Slightly buggy, i'm gonna stop trying now

Pingu0
08-29-2004, 09:20 AM
Ok i TOTALLY fucked this up.

for some reason i have two accounts... Pingu0 and Pingu00.. i originally used my everquest activation key on pingu00 and did the new auth thing on pingu0 (or the other way round) so now i can't play it on either of the characters.. is there anyway i can fix this..? =/

sotonin
08-29-2004, 10:00 AM
do an auth on the other account.

Shadow-Wolf
08-29-2004, 10:17 AM
yeah sotonin thats a db bug, everyones getting it i never have the same characters when i log in, if you ever get Shadowwolf thats mine, there sohuld also be one with 250+ shaman necor and other with my other character Shadowtwo

stormhalter
08-29-2004, 03:36 PM
Err, it worked for me earlier. I as well was getting other people's characters.

Now when I create a new character though, and try to log in, after clicking on "Enter World" it just sits at the loading screen and task manager shows EQ is in Not Responding status.

It worked earlier, before the server went down. The whole domain of EQEmulator.net wasn't coming up and I couldn't establish connection with the login server.

I've tried restarting, checked my settings and even restarted the Emu. Still nothing.

Keep freezing when I "enter the world"

jimbox114
08-29-2004, 04:26 PM
Any chance this release of the emu will fix the item shifting bug?

stormhalter
08-29-2004, 05:26 PM
Ok, uninstalled and reinstalled and same problem. Freezes up after clicking on "Enter World"

Same thing on two different computers.

stormhalter
08-29-2004, 06:57 PM
Ah well, it let me on for a bit but kicked me out when I zone into the arena. Now it's doing it again. :P

Doodman
08-30-2004, 02:59 AM
Okay, I think I know the problem why you end up with characters on your account when you shouldn't.

Since, I've been unable to break the crypto on the response packet from LS -> client what contains the session/key to auth with world, I grabbed one from live and manipulate it a bit and grabbed what world sees on the authorization from the client.

I generated about 20 or so of them.. I probably need more and need to make a small change in world to make it less likely to happen.

I'll get it fixed. Just give me a bit.

Pingu0
08-30-2004, 03:39 AM
do an auth on the other account.
this is what it says when i request a new auth on pingu0 and pingu00:

Set Your Authorization Block

Invalid account/password entered, please go here and try again, or contact an EQEMu administrator

i know i sound like an annoying twat here but could you please give me a step-by-step guide on how to get a new auth? i registered the game on pingu0 i think.. is there any way to see which account i registered my cd key on? :/

sotonin
08-30-2004, 04:50 AM
more than likely it means you already did it once for that account and need to log in game to set a password....

after you reset once your password is NOTHING until you log in game and set it...

just an idea

Pingu0
08-30-2004, 12:30 PM
now it says username and password were not valid please check them again blah blah blah... any ideas on what to do?

stormhalter
08-30-2004, 12:37 PM
I say have an admin on this site or a dev member wipe your forum name and account name w/ activation code and you start fresh.

Beast00
08-30-2004, 01:50 PM
A timeout has occured. A timeout has occured. A timeout has occured. A timeout has occured. A timeout has occured. A timeout has occured. A timeout has occured. A timeout has occured. A timeout has occured. A timeout has occured. A timeout has occured. A timeout has occured. A timeout has occured. A timeout has occured. A timeout has occured. A timeout has occured. A timeout has occured. OMFG WHATEVER I DO ITS ALWAYS "A timeout has occured. "

My freakin EQemu hasn't ever worked, not since the deletion of the patcher!

\_Herbus_/
08-30-2004, 03:12 PM
Should the server set-up guide located http://www.eqemulator.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=9648
work with the current Live compatible login server?

Zkhava
08-30-2004, 03:39 PM
They will announce when they will Go live with the Public 8.1 So people can make their own servers...

Until then, have patience!

tcb720
08-30-2004, 06:03 PM
Aside from getting other people's chars (since that should be fixed soon) I am also getting this.

I created a char, geared it in Nexus, and #zoned to Natimbi. Crashed and forced out with cntl alt del. Logged back in and got multiple different accounts until I found mine. Logged in and got stuck after selecting my character at the loading screen. Was not black, I had the little graphic. I created a new char named Zone. #zoned to Natimbi, loaded fine, #zoned back to nexus, again no problems. relogged to the stuck char. Froze again after selecting him. Deleted that char, created again under the same name and got in to Nexus fine. Relogged, checked Natimbi with Zone. Relogged to the character v.2 that should be in nexus at the creation spot. Froze. Cannot access that character at all an hour later.

Weird?

edit-abysmal zone not working at all

Genghis28
08-31-2004, 01:25 PM
ok I've patched to live checked my host file an but i still get timedout error any help thank you

zulfy26
09-01-2004, 06:16 AM
log out.. close eq. open it again... this time

GordonZero: 250 wizard

... w t f mate ?

I figrue 3rd times a charm..... WRONG.

Grungan: 255 Shaman
Himmy: 1 Magician
Lorelia: 65 Rogue

Slightly buggy, i'm gonna stop trying now
Lol... the first account is what i take for being mine. Although i never made a paladin or wizard. i did make the two beastlords. One of them got stuck zoning so i was forced to make a 2nd. :-( Himmy on the 3rd one is also mine, but when i made her she was level 250 :-P this is very buggy...

MeepSheep
09-01-2004, 12:32 PM
I completely quit eq for FFXI for abit. Back now and playing the emu. Im glad to see its back up and working. Good jobs guys.

gordonzero
09-02-2004, 06:22 AM
well zulfy26 looks like we have somthing in common.

---->GordonZero: 250 wizard

LOL....

Btw as of 1:20 CST on 9/2/04 the EQEMU Live Compatable login server is down.
No idea why but it is.

zulfy26
09-02-2004, 08:38 AM
Down for me too here on the west coast.

gloomba38
09-02-2004, 09:08 AM
Doesn't work for me. I did Authorization Block, then I changed the host file... then as soon as I start up Everquest, it re-patches my eqhost.txt, so I still get taken to the official servers. How to fix?

Derision
09-02-2004, 09:26 AM
Doesn't work for me. I did Authorization Block, then I changed the host file... then as soon as I start up Everquest, it re-patches my eqhost.txt, so I still get taken to the official servers. How to fix?

If it patches, your shortcut is wrong. You should have the 'patchme' parameter to eqgame.exe, e.g.

http://www.rama.demon.co.uk/patchme.jpg

Moman
09-02-2004, 01:24 PM
The issue i am having is that i am behind a router and a firewall; the firewall i can turn off easy enough, but the router is a slightly harder problem to fix; is there anyway i can get the authorization page to correctly detect my IP with out having to take my whole computer (desktop) upstairs and plugging it in before the router??

sorry for the newbness; i dont do networks; just play games on em

-Moman

zulfy26
09-02-2004, 07:56 PM
Its still down for me at 1am Pacific

SaInTSDX
09-02-2004, 08:00 PM
3:am CST and its still down :roll: i was looking forward to getting back on Kaolian, heh. anyone get him yet in the account bugs? I logged in three different times and havent recived anyone elses characters yet =P

edit: also anyone ever get any other servers? i havent though im not surprized, but the official server shows up as 5.7 something to me, i think, as soon as login servers are back up ill check. And I was wondering if AA's were dropped instead of bothering with them anymore

edit#2: the official test server shows up as 0.5.7-DR6 instead of 5.8 am i connecting right?

gloomba38
09-03-2004, 03:03 AM
Nope, I did that and the same thing happened. Omens of War update screen came up and it changed my eqhost.txt again. Should I like make the host file read-only or something, because this dang updater keeps changing it to default. O_o

bluejam
09-03-2004, 06:22 AM
Nope, I did that and the same thing happened. Omens of War update screen came up and it changed my eqhost.txt again. Should I like make the host file read-only or something, because this dang updater keeps changing it to default. O_o

That's not possible. Did you really make an eqgame.exe shortcut? Or an everquest.exe with the patchme parameter?

jbb
09-03-2004, 06:30 AM
I decided to try eqemulator again :)

Last time I tried all this you used the forum account to log in so I'm not sure if I should be following the instructions here or the ones which say I need to create a login using the eq client.... But when I go to the account page it just takes me to a sony web page and I can't believe that's correct :)

What did I stupidly forget to do?

bushman77
09-03-2004, 06:41 AM
i'm behind a router and have more than one computer, each with a recent update of everquest (compatible with 5.8dr1 login servers). I can log in with 1 computer fine (tried it with both computers one-at-a-time). When i try to log in with the second computer I get a time out error before the server select screen. There are seperate accounts for each of my sibblings to use.

giulietta
09-03-2004, 11:13 AM
how do you get an account on the eqmulator.net test server if you have not allready had one?

I tried patching to live and connecting to test server using the host file... but it will not accept any user or pass

I go to the reset authorization site but of course do not have a name or pass to rest yet

I registered an account just now with eqemulator but the test server or reset server will not accept that info either.

joshcoody
09-03-2004, 11:59 AM
when i try to log in it says error username or password is invalid..what i do..?

giulietta
09-03-2004, 12:31 PM
I found the way to register my user and pass and Im in :)

Lilganker
09-03-2004, 12:50 PM
cant get this thing to work i have done everything correctly and it still is patching eqhost

phasepuma
09-03-2004, 01:56 PM
works, except I saw no servers listed.

zulfy26
09-03-2004, 02:46 PM
no servers showing up for me either... maybe down for updates or something.

stebo
09-03-2004, 08:43 PM
hi ppls, i found no servers too . are they temporary down ?
or should i download the newest add on ?

SaInTSDX
09-03-2004, 11:48 PM
Servers still down as of 6:48 AM CST. Hopefully they are fixing a few problems ive seen. mainly zone LD and not able to log the character in anymore

Thwakker08
09-04-2004, 05:21 AM
I sure hope i'm not the only one still getting the timeout error..

mop708
09-04-2004, 07:08 AM
when i try to log in it says error username or password is invalid..what i do..?

Getting the same problem. My eqhost.txt is

[LoginServer]

I changed the eqlsclient file and created the account successfully, but every time I try to log in I get a username/password are not valid dialog.

PinGu
09-04-2004, 10:31 AM
Hello could you please do me a big favour and somehow please make it so that i can request a new auth so i can play on the everquest live compatible servers.

I kinda messed up on my old account Pingu0 and didn't read the instructions and entered my forum account and pw instead of what i would use to connect to the server and it wont let me do it on a new account because i think it wont let me do more than one on the same ip.

If it helps my ip is 62.254.32.6 (that's what it says underneath on the request new auth thingy). Oh and don't delete punk4lif3 if it shows up because that's the one i'm using now .

Raiken92
09-04-2004, 05:37 PM
what is the eqlsclient supposed to be? perhaps that is my problem... i keep trying to start from stcratch, and i get further every time, but not quite far enough...

bloodgoth
09-04-2004, 06:31 PM
cant get this thing to work i have done everything correctly and it still is patching eqhost

Hahahaha~ *whipes the tears from his eyes*

Alright, you need to create a new icon and have it target c:\program files\everquest\eqgame.exe patchme

Substitute the directory for your current eq directory if it is different.

samandhi
09-04-2004, 07:55 PM
c:\program files\everquest\eqgame.exe patchme Will probably have to be in quotes because of the space in "Program Files"....

Cisyouc
09-05-2004, 03:42 AM
c:\program files\everquest\eqgame.exe patchme Will probably have to be in quotes because of the space in "Program Files"....or you can use /Progra~1/

Genghis28
09-05-2004, 08:33 PM
ok which EQhost file are you guys talkig about the eqhost, eqhost.live, eqhost.test?

I changed the eqhost file to
[LoginServer]

an downloaded the eqlsclient file an I have done the reset thing for 3 accounts now from the link you guys posted an I am patched too live from 9/05/04 Still am getting the

Timed out Error

any help plz

joshyoowuh
09-05-2004, 10:40 PM
Well its not working for me. I did everything and everything worked perfectly. Its not patching or anything. BUT when I go into the game and I type in my acct. name and password it says it is invalid. But when I use my REAL account name and password it just brings me to regular servers. Could anyone help?

giulietta
09-06-2004, 01:27 AM
If your real name and pass reached live sony servers... then you do not have the correct eqhost.txt file

joshyoowuh
09-06-2004, 01:49 AM
This is what is in my eqhost file

[LoginServer]

joshyoowuh
09-06-2004, 02:01 AM
Ok this is weird. I don't know what I did but all of a sudden EQ wants to patch. It didn't do this earlier and I didn't do anything different.

samandhi
09-06-2004, 08:21 AM
Ok this is weird. I don't know what I did but all of a sudden EQ wants to patch. It didn't do this earlier and I didn't do anything different. Ok you arent using the correct shortcut to eqgame.exe. You need to create a shortcut to eqgame.exe on your desktop. Then you need to right click on it and click properties from THAT menu. In the line where it says "Target" you need to add the following and nothing more, nothing less:

-patchme

Lilganker
09-06-2004, 08:41 AM
i tryed -patchme and patchme without the - and they are not keeping eq from patching eqhost got any ideas on whats going on?

sotonin
09-06-2004, 09:16 AM
Well first of all EQ doesnt patch if you run eqgame.exe period. It refuses to run because you arent supposed to run that by default. it would pop up a message saying please run everquest.exe

So my assumption is you are trying everquest.exe -patchme which is wrong. you must do EQGAME.EXE

Zkhava
09-06-2004, 09:22 AM
No........

To Patch, Use Everquest.exe ....

To Play EqEmu, you must make a shortcut of "eqgame.exe" & add "patchme" at end of it.

sotonin
09-06-2004, 09:37 AM
no shit. that's what i just said. geezus learn to read.

Let me deconstruct what i JUST posted for the slow readers out there.

Well first of all EQ DOES NOT patch if you run EQGAME.EXE period.

synapsis, eqgame.exe is not for patching. Everquest.exe IS.

So my assumption is you are trying everquest.exe -patchme which is wrong. you must do EQGAME.EXE

Therefore, in summary to run eq without patching you must use EQGAME.EXE, not everquest.exe

who's still confused? ... zkhava? you got it yet?

joshyoowuh
09-06-2004, 09:53 AM
Cool I got it to work, this is how I fixed.

If you copied the Shortcut from your real EQ Servers, and JUST put the patchme, you need to do something else. Theres a area where it says Start From or Run From or something. You need to change that to your new EQ folder. FOr example my old one was C:\Program Files\Sony\Everquest -- I changed it to C:\Program Files\Everquest and now it works! :)

hamiko
09-06-2004, 02:53 PM
are the servers up? could you tell me hwo to do it exactly? the log in screen crashes I cant veen log in =| it like freezes.

*EDIT*
Ok here is EVRYTHING i did. I downloaded EQ Triology(wich is free) I patched up to date, i downloaded all expansions , I changed my EQ host I downloaded teh patch from Scorpius2k and installed/unzipped it but now, When I try to log in the log in like, it freezes. the game doesnt crash but it goes "Please wait a while you are been logged in" or whatever it says, and I wait and wait and nothing. are servers down? Please help me ;___;. i really wanna play :roll:

mattmeck
09-06-2004, 03:36 PM
you are trying to use a login server that is current with live, using the scop patcher breaks you EMU for this login server.

No where in the instructions dose it say to do anything with a third party patcher. So there is your mistake

hamiko
09-06-2004, 03:38 PM
so what should I do now? >.<

mattmeck
09-06-2004, 03:40 PM
follow the directions step by step and dont add steps of your own, then see if it works.

hamiko
09-06-2004, 03:41 PM
ok, So what should I do with My current EQ fouldeR? Should I delete and re-install everything? >.<

sotonin
09-06-2004, 03:48 PM
Just patch to live.

bobfred1
09-07-2004, 10:49 AM
hey when i go to that site and type in my account name for EQemu and password says it is not there..... do i need a rela eq acoount to do this????

OHXML
09-07-2004, 04:28 PM

Getting the same problem. My eqhost.txt is

[LoginServer]

I changed the eqlsclient file and created the account successfully, but every time I try to log in I get a username/password are not valid dialog.

Its the same for me what have i done wrong i followed all the step by step directions but it still says username or password invalid

desinr
09-07-2004, 07:23 PM
New user here,

Getting the same ol Timeout error everyone is having to deal with. Currently patched, my eqhost file is correct, but i cannot for the life of me get past that damn first login screen. any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

gimli
09-08-2004, 12:07 PM
:evil: Detecting my IP incorrectly :(

Cant login , invalid user password.
Carried out authorisation as above perfectly now stuck cant login.
Fully patched to Eq-live still no joy.

http://www.eqemulator.net/eqresetauthrequest.php

Responds with : Duplicate entry '62.254.x.xx' for key 3

The above IP Incorrect.

NTL UK customer.

Ps: might be reading NTL cache IP address instead of true IP

gimli
09-09-2004, 07:51 AM
Yup authorization form IP detect is reading NTL cache server IP not my true IP, Guessing EQemu login server is reading true IP, So its looking like i cant get authorization.. OH well <sigh>

Might be a good idea to make IP addy on authorization form manually configurable if it detects incorrectly, Just a thought guyz.

Derision
09-09-2004, 07:59 AM
Yup authorization form IP detect is reading NTL cache server IP not my true IP, Guessing EQemu login server is reading true IP, So its looking like i cant get authorization.. OH well <sigh>

Might be a good idea to make IP addy on authorization form manually configurable if it detects incorrectly, Just a thought guyz.

Is your browser configured to use the NTL proxy server ? If so, you should be able to turn it off temporarily in your browser settings.(Apologies if you already knew/tried this :) )

gimli
09-09-2004, 08:36 AM
Is your browser configured to use the NTL proxy server ? If so, you should be able to turn it off temporarily in your browser settings.(Apologies if you already knew/tried this )

Nope Derision browser isnt using any Proxy to connect to the internet. NTL cache server is supposed to be transparent but 50% of the whatsmyIP sites autodetect my IP incorrectly they return the IP address of the NTL cache server instead of the real one :(

<Holds head in hands>

Raider789
09-11-2004, 01:42 PM
Im so annoyed i downloaded all 3 underground guides today and i cant get any of them to work will someone help me!!!!!!!!!!!! :oops:

tubing_champ
09-22-2004, 01:49 PM
yeah it just doesn't put an IP in the box thngy.. it's blank :(
so i get

Duplicate entry '' for key 3

when i click update..