PDA

View Full Version : Creating NPC's

chozsun
01-28-2002, 05:24 PM
No matter what I do for the PC and give the NPC a level 1, my character keeps missing the NPC while the NPC occasionally hits me.

What am I doing wrong with the NPC's?

I am using EQ Emu Admin Tool. There is not a place for AC so is that a field in the NPC tables that the Admin tool is not reporting. Also, I do not know the guidelines for size, texture, helmtexture, hp regen rate and mana regen rate.

n00b8472
01-28-2002, 06:55 PM
Nothing wrong with the NPCs, but the melee skills of your GM (I assume) char sux0rz badly.. use #setskill [skill#] [skilllevel] with yourself targetted to fix it.. Skills range from 0-74, skilllevel from 0-255. Enjoy!

Ukyo
01-29-2002, 02:04 AM
You can get a list of skill id's from the Windows_Install_Guide.txt along with a lot of other nifty commands. :)

-Ukyo

Mr Bitterness
01-29-2002, 07:28 AM
i have found, that most certainly on non-player races, the higher the material number, the harder they hit and the less dmg they take. I spawned a laval dragon of level 60 w/material 0 and its max hit was 200, i then respawned the creature with a material of 999 and it hit me for 1500, then 5000. this may help :D I havent tried it on player races, seeing as when im poping zones I would like them to look right, rather than just be hard.

darvik
01-29-2002, 07:35 AM
wonder if maybe material has something to do with a damage factor or strength on the npc.. because I noticed in code that the material for the npc struct has a comment next to it that says //materal ?? -- so either it's still an unknown value - or maybe it's just a code error.