PDA

View Full Version : quest::permaclass help?

aridale
09-05-2004, 11:38 AM
Im tryin to use quest::permaclass on my server and its not doin anything. The zone starts up fine with no errors about the .pl file or anything so I assume my emu build supports the function. But when I access the quest ingame nothing happens. Like for example:

if ( $text =~ /Warrior/i ) { quest::permaclass (1); }

If you say "Warrior" nothin happens. The npc will face you but nothin else happens. The rest of my quest works fine like the text when you hail the npc and the rest of the quest::say commands its just the quest::permaclass I cant get workin.

cofruben
09-05-2004, 11:42 AM
I've implemented it in the day 31 dump,if you are using one version before,it wont work.Anyways,check for that function in embparser.cpp and,in parser.cpp

aridale
09-05-2004, 12:08 PM
I got a precompiled version from this thread:

http://www.eqemulator.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=15601&highlight=072504

Newest one available just DLed it all and set it up about 3am today.

cofruben
09-05-2004, 11:34 PM
(07-25-04) should be 07-31-04,permaclass wont work then,try to get a free compiler and compile newest one.

aridale
09-06-2004, 08:00 AM
I tried last night for about 5 hours to compile the newest source goin by the guide for compilin with vc++ 8 and when they compiled at all they always preformed illegal errors as soon as I started em =/ I dunno what was wrong I followed those instructions to the letter and they all compiled just like they were spose to but they wouldnt run /shrug